Layers and Events

dIgItayel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi all, I have 2 questions (they're kind of dumb, but I'm new to rpg maker)

1. How do I make layers, or emulate them? What I mean by this is how do I make it so the player can't walk on certain tiles (such as walls).
2. How do I create events where it's when you walk up to an object to get a description? For example, how would I make it so that if the player walks up to their bed, it gives a description (such as 'My bed'). If that doesn't make sense, I can add links.

Thanks

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello there . First of all if you are new to RPG Maker I suggest you to follow this tutorial by Andar. It contains everything you have to know about the engine, including links to other specific tutorials. The answer to your first question can be found there but, even after finding it, you should work around the tutorial for a bit longer so that you can assimilate the basics.

About your second question I have a tutorial for popup windows like that. In the tutorial I used a door event but you can do it for every other event.

I hope this helps you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Husband has roped me into playing one of his PSO2 characters. Productivity is now negative.
Tileset A is lava! Don't burn D:
as MZ come out what you guys think about.....Some particles engine :3c?
Who wants to sing this song with me?~

Decided to submit my games to the Monday Night Stream. Figured it might be a fun way to get some traction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZlayerDragg