Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Character_Layer_Glitch.png
In our MZ game, for the characters, our illustrators have drawn 2 block high images and parallaxed them in place of the normal pixel art sprites. They are two blocks high, in the 2 to 1 ratio, and made using an illustration software.
But as you can see, the main character (the one in green) can step over the NPC's head. I can block off the body but I can't get the NPCs upper half to be valued higher than the main character's movements. What can I do in MZ to prioritize this? I have the Priority set to "Same as characters", and I've tried the other two options, below and above characters, but this makes it look worse for the player's experience.
HMMMMMMMmmmmm..
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you,
-Chris
Fifefer Island Team

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
parallaxed them in place of the normal pixel art sprites.
best guess is that is the problem, because parallaxing has absolutely nothing to do with event sprites.
everything should automatically be correct as long as all events are "same as" unless you're using a script that really messes up how the events are drawn when using large sprites.

Kalombi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks Andar, I think I messed up the terminology. The characters I'm putting in through the image in the Event Editor. in the files, they are under img > characters. The characters walk around fine on the parallaxed map, but there's this one glitch I've found with the image above.
best guess is that is the problem, because parallaxing has absolutely nothing to do with event sprites.
everything should automatically be correct as long as all events are "same as" unless you're using a script that really messes up how the events are drawn when using large sprites.
T

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are using sprites taller than 48 pixels, you need a Large Sprite Fix plugin. I know Hudell has one, Cyclone Engine Tile Priority. I'm not sure what else is available for MZ.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which one is the player and which one is the NPC? The only reason the dark haired girl would appear in front is if the light haired girl were drawn as part of the parallax background, or if the light haired girl is your player and the dark haired girl is an NPC and you have the event priority set to be Above Characters. Make sure your NPC events are Same As Characters.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The characters I'm putting in through the image in the Event Editor. in the files,
then please show us the screenshot of the event page with its settings, then we can see if the problem is there.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

[CM]
5VaUMjAFpz1I6fSsgDrfJc.jpg

Title is star.
Dam, does the night get to me, I sound and look like a monster. Its 3:54 am right now...I need sleep...or...coffee.
It has nothing to do with my project, but I'm in love with voxels
If you feel like your story isn't that great, just look at final fantasy.
Nightmare Traveler: A game where we play as... the bad guy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsytrggfsdb