Nellingtons

procrastinateur par excellance
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I've been getting a feel for VX Ace, and what I can and can't do with tilesets and overlaying event graphics etc... I probably won't have a gameplay demo up for a long long time (not with actual gamey-game play anyway) but I'll likely have a something people can download to explore in a month or so. As the tilesets are going to be pretty specific to the world I'm building I'm not going to make them available to use, but I'm going to post here for general showcasing/feedback!

First map...took waaay too long. Here it is anyway. I'm currently working on the interior map.

ForestMap001.jpg

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm not an expert at maps, but I have to say I really like it. Its nice to see a different style of map, and this one works.

Although as you said this took a long time to make, the other maps will be a pain. Looking on the bright side I think it will be well worth the effort.

Nellingtons

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks! I think it'll be worth the effort too...the main problem I'm having is trying to make the walkable area less noticeably grid-like.

Scaling is a bit odd too, but I don't think the sprites look -too- out of place....I set up events that change the sprite in areas of bright light and shadow. (this is going to be such a pain, hehe)

(bottom right is a wip..)

[IMG]http://s18.postimg.org/vb9nllu91/Scaps1.jpg[/IMG]

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really love your art style! Can't wait to see more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Palsa

General of Aurda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's very impressive, fantastic work. :D

Nellingtons

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks guys! Here's an update on the interior, need to finalize colouring in 3 different lighting conditions now, heh

DeepForest 002.png

Nellingtons

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update! second map I uploaded, but finished and in 3 different lighting conditions. The candlelit version has animated candles in-game.

DeepForest002CANDLE.pngDeepForest002DAY.pngDeepForest002Night.png

Also, the 3rd map, as a WIP. Looking forward to finding the time to colour it!

Deep Forest 003.png

Reactions: NPC

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Once again, I love it! Cannot wait to see it in game.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png
How many people actually like action commands? (Which is pressing a button at the right time during an attack to deal more damage.)
It is a curse and a blessing getting better at javascript after each plugin... Now I am considering changing two previous plugins completely, and they're not small plugins either -.-' Not to mention that I'll add more features... This is why I never manage to release a game, I just keep updating everything I've already done :p
Hello! Thank you for visiting my Page! ✅

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Korleone21