LAZER EYES 2 RPG!

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by dangerousbob, Sep 13, 2016.

1. dangerousbob

dangerousbob Veteran Veteran

HERE IT IS BOYS. LAZER EYES 2.

As if anyone was waiting for it.

Engine: MV

Runtime: 20 to 50 hours.

Action Adventure RPG Comedy

Game is completed and tested.

So I was on the race track and crashed, broke my legs and was stuck on the bed for a month. I thought since I can't be out picking up chicks with my legs broken why not make the greatest RPG MAKER GAME OF ALL TIME?? So i decided to take last years LAZER EYES and do a sequel. BIGGER BETTER AND HARDER.

Our story picks up 1 year after LAZER EYES defeated his brother BLUE RAY in his attempt to take over WASHINGTON DC. It has been a calm year, at least until robots and dinosaurs started causing mayhem major cities across America! Time for LAZER EYES to track down his brother once more. In the mean time, the great Dr Jones has been working on a new power source to change mankind. But his invention has been stolen! Does this coincide with the rampaging monsters? Are the two connected? Does Blue Ray have something to do with this? You will explore across America in an open world map. Choices you make effecting how the game ends.

As you know this was based on this terrible short film my buddies and I made last summer.

Characters:

LAZER EYES: Nano-Bots put into his brain at birth have given him great powers. He fights his brother BLUE RAY.

BLUE RAY: Brother of LAZER EYES. Jealous of LAZER EYES power he fights to destroy him.

POTATO: Friend of Lazer Eyes he has great healing abilities.

HOLLY: Girlfriend of Lazer Eyes. She is a caster that is essential to any battle.

Dr. JONES: The great doctor. He is working on a new power source to change the world.

CORE: A mysterious new comer. His intentions are not yet known.

TRUMP: President of the USA, in his third term. Hates Lazer Eyes but needs him to stop his brother BLUE RAY.

Improvements over the last game include:

Game size. The last game turned out to be a little shorter. This game is in fact 5 times larger. The last game took place only around Washington DC whereas this game takes place in every major American city.

The battle system has been improved. Where-as in the first game enemies where basically all hit sponges now we focus more on a pokemon style element system.

Robots weak vs Nano Attacks

Ice enemies weak vs Fire Attacks

etc etc.

Our enemies are broken into 2 main groups. The Robots on the East Coast and the Dinosaurs on the West coast.

I also have much more boss battles. I find players enjoy building up to big boss battles so I packed the game full of some epic ones.

There are many mini games to keep you entertained off the main quest.

The fun vehicle elements that got phrase in the old game make a return as well.

I also added more user choices in the game as that was a positive feedback in the last game.

I can confirm the game has multiple endings.

Download

lazer eyes 2 pc: http://www.mediafire.com/file/v2i8y9rascw61xe/Lazer_Eyes_2_PC.zip

lazer eyes 2
    mac: http://www.mediafire.com/file/93sndb23jn32eu5/Lazer_Eyes_2_MAC.zip

And here is the first game if you want it. Note it is not essental to play first in order to play the second which is stand alone.

lazer eyes 1 pc;

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iee5kk22wz7za2k/Lazer_Eyes_PC.zip

note your anti virus might warn you about the ZIP. Because its a zip with an exe in it. no worries.

just download, unzip to your desktop and play the exe. Im sure you all know the drill.

BE SURE TO ALSO CHECK OUT MY OTHER GAME, DEFECTION: STOP ASKING QUESTIONS AND GET BACK TO WORK, A DYSTOPIAN PARODY.

-UPDATE: 12/29/16 All download links

Bugs that have been fixed

~The Yellow Key Door at BlueRays Castle. The known bug was that you could only go through the door once. If you re-entered the room you would be stuck. This has been fixed.

~In Washington DC if you go to the Smithsonian the game crashed based on a bad skybox has been fixed.

~A Bolder that you could not blow up on Alcatraz. You can now blow up the bolder that was blocking level progress.

If you have one of these bugs, then you have the old version. Download the new file, and copy your save file into the new download and you can continue playing.

Lazer Eyes Picture.png Screen Shot 4.png Screen Shot 7.png

Screen Shot 1.png

Screen Shot 3.png

Screen Shot 9.png

Screen Shot 6.png

Screen Shot 5.png

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    The Stranger, ougitou1 and Artificer like this.
  2. Golden Unicorn Gaming

Golden Unicorn Gaming Savior of Astoria Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Looks pretty awesome!

3. dangerousbob

Thanks brother! Any feedback would be much welcomed! 

4. Freank

Freank Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It looks interesting !

5. dangerousbob

Thanks! I spent a lot of time on it.  :rock-left:

6. ougitou1

ougitou1 Invisible Black Veteran

First Language:
    en-
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    wow looks pretty cool. but i have a few pointers if you don't mind. could be helpful in the future.

Pm me if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2016
  7. dangerousbob

I'm all ears!

8. ougitou1

ougitou1 Invisible Black Veteran

First Language:
    en-
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    For the last one, where the bridge meets the sky i'd suggest that you continue the water a little bit more, else it'll look as if the bridge is at the edge of a waterfall. You could also  try using parallax mapping to smooth out parts like that. The others are fine tho. Keep up the good work. :)      

9. dangerousbob

Ah I see what you are getting at. I haven't messed with Parallax mapping to much- that would be interesting. If you have any gameplay input id be all ears!

ougitou1 likes this.
  10. dangerousbob

*Quick bump i have updated the download links to fix two bugs that a player found. 

One was a transfer player error on liberty island

the other was a image error in Washington DC. 

11. granny steph

granny steph Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Hi. Don't know where to go. Have opened 2 gates. Been to St Thomas, Miami, Downtown, Statue of Liberty, Blu ray castle, Washingon, New York, Central Park and home town Arlington. Where can I go to now. OOps. Going around in circles. What have I missed??

12. dangerousbob

Did you beat BlueRay Castle? When you do that a new path is opened to the West Coast.  

13. leenat40

leenat40 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Lithuanian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
     Hey, so I only managed to play a few minutes of the game. And so far it's fun!

Will play more when I get the chance. :)  

But for now, could you maybe try my game - Dying World? It's a 5 part episodic series, PART 1 available at Completed Projects.

It's about a Post Apocalyptic USA, where you play as a Ranger named Harold as you get betrayed and left to die. But someone manages to save you in time, and now you want revenge...

14. dangerousbob

Thanks for giving it a try bro. I will take a look at your game.

leenat40 likes this.
  15. leenat40

leenat40 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Lithuanian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks. (Please give feedback as soon as possible)

So I played even more of it. 4 hours to be exact. It's really Cliche and Funny. (But I enjoy that) 

dangerousbob likes this.
  16. harcibarack

harcibarack Warper Member

First Language:
    Hungary
    Hi! I played this game and i say it's not bad at all. It's a good example for that you can make a good game with RPG maker with basic knowledge. I hope that every published game will be at least as good as this.

Pros:
    + good mapping
    + good symbol system
    + simple shops, game mechanics whitout useless junks and too complicated scripts.
    + Not so much grinding required.

+ lvl up system

+ balanced skills

Cons:
    - Repetative enemies
    - Enemies respawn again, and again in every zone.

- bad event state usage

Bugs >:( : (This part contains Spoilers, cause i want to help the developer to find and fix faster those bugs)

- Trump's dauthers: I saved the girl in New York then i go back to Trump without the another girl in Miami. The girl from New york have left the party, but i got the girl from the Miami cell, (then i rescued her.)
    - The doors are stucked, and not allow you to transport your character after, you leave that place(map), where your caracters transported to, and where from they transported. For example key doors in Blue palace.
    - Beast path in Blue palace: If you go into the sabertooth cats cells, you cant able to leave they cell.

Recommendations (small bugs, annoying things):
    - Lava path in Blue palace: If your party have beaten by lavahounds you lose your Nano shield, and respawn with 1 hp. The problem is that, there is everything covered with lava which kill you instantly, so you can't able to leave the place. It's better if you get game over instantly, instead of a second chance without the opportunity to escape.
    - Do something with that the game not keep asking that if i would like to fill a glass. Place a sparkling tile where you can fill that or sg.
    - Map travels: When you arrived into a spade or star tile it's always asking me if i would like to enter into that area. I suggest that change these events from event/player thouch to action button pressed after once you chose "YES". In case of dungeons, it wouldn't be a problem, if you leve them in this way, but include some WARNING message about dangerous mobs in that map.
    - Separate grinding zones from story maps. It's not fun if you should kill again and again all creatures, you already killed just because you want to go back to save or check one corner you forgot before. Leaving and returning into one map where you just cleared every mob and BAM all enemys respawned in 1 second.
    - Enemy events can be blocked with another "do nothing" events. So you can keep them away from talking NPCs like the 4th hero on the Golden Gate bridge. (when i talking with he, the red raptors are make a train next to me, so i must fight with them after the conversation ended.)

I played throught the game and not found more bugs, however i'm on that, to avoid the previously met bugs at keyed doors, so when i used up the key item i complited the dungeon with one run, without leaving the map, or go back to save.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016
  17. dangerousbob

Thank you for this detailed rundown of the game. 

I have updated the download links with a few major bug fixes: 

~The Yellow Key Door at BlueRays Castle. The known bug was that you could only go through the door once. If you re-entered the room you would be stuck. This has been fixed. 

~In Washington DC if you go to the Smithsonian the game crashed based on a bad skybox has been fixed. (old bug)

~A Bolder that you could not blow up on Alcatraz. You can now blow up the bolder that was blocking level progress. (old bug)

18. harcibarack

harcibarack Warper Member

First Language:
    Hungary
    I played out the game. Not bad. No more bugs found.
    It took to me 5 hour and 20 minutes.

19. dangerousbob

Nice! Wow very fast. My friend clocked it at 7 hours on his first playthrough and I thought that was fast!! 

Out of curiousity, what dungeon did you find the hardest and why? Did you struggle on any Boss battles? 

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2016
  20. shayoko

shayoko Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thoughts
    This game was okay at first but got tedious  near the end. also it still needs a good amount of polish with grammar mistakes,glitches and changing sprites. it has a few cool ideas but i wouldn't recommend this.

Random Thoughts

difficulty choices! got to love it!

need to pay to save :(

nice maps

i love how you did the world maps with spades and stars. that's a unique and interesting idea!

enemy battlers look great. are they custom made for this?

the scene at liberty island could be improved. since you can interact with the girl on the roof from any side it feels odd that you do not look at the enemy.

it doesn't make sense that a robot can be poisoned.

it's kind of annoying when you save someone who joins you right after. i mean why didn't they fight with you instead of just hang around?

in miami you talk to a nun who asks if you want jesus in your life. if you say no you go into a game building and spend the night.

then you appear in the inn. this should be fixed

male and female bathroom is the same room? (miami)

your brothers castle can be annoying  (if you have empty bottles) because every time you take a step in water it asks you if you want to fill a bottle with it.

i don't like the Bayou. single lanes,cannot avoid enemies and when you get to the end they just respawn and you have to fight most of them again

the battles get REALLY tedious starting at San Fran. too many and too much HP

could not find nano sword part 1

Glitch

the Avatar and name of the girl you save at liberty island are both different when she joins your party
    you save Invanka and tiffany joins you.
    apparently this happens if you choose get jiggy with it (instead of lets just go)

there is a glitch with the timer (brothers castle) if you leave before it hit 0 the timer stays and it keeps playing the sound.
    it does stop if you re enter that room tho