Talkative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings,

Developer tools is a debugger among other tools to help debug and design websites and applications. While the only differences between the browser and mv nwjs is the version, the dark theme and the timeline and profiles suck. I use browser to debug because I set it up so all changes made to my code refreshes the page automatically. Aside from that nwjs for MV is really outdated and a lot slower than the latest chrome browser, like a lot slower. Nonetheless developer tools is extremely powerful and the console is really just the first stepping stone, timelines, code stepping and profiles is where the magic can happen.
Thanks, LTN Game -- that is very helpful to know :cool:
  • I'll be using that myself;
  • Although for new people I'll train them to use the debugger you get when hitting F8
I've already written two tutorials on how to get into the debugger & use it:
Thanks,

Joy Diamond.

First we hit F8:

upload_2017-11-23_11-24-19.png
Then we click on sources:

upload_2017-11-23_11-25-52.png
Here is the debugger:

upload_2017-11-23_11-27-56.png

petschko

Holy Angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A debugger is more helpfull than outputing everything to the console first. It's a pretty bad style to"debug" with the console. But it's up to you how you do it, I preffer the debugger since it's more clean and easier to use than just output everything to the Console. (Which is designed to show just Error & Warning-Messages and not for debugging purposes)

Edit: @Poryg There is a Tool called debugger see:
Untitled.png

ChampX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Joy Diamond Oh you are a god send for showing me that the MV Console has a debugger built in where I can use my cherished breakpoints and single steps. I've been wanting to know how to get this to work for some time now and MV had it all along. Seriously, thanks!

ougitou1

Invisible Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en-
Primarily Uses
N/A
No it doesn't sound terrible to me at all. Probably because I had other things that I had to do back then besides programming. However Like I said with MV I spent only 3-5 days before I felt I could effectively program in JavaScript. Essentially if you devote yourself to learning something you can learn it in a very short time frame.

I really don't think any example is mindblowingly boring if I learned something from it.

It’s actually boring because normal people don’t have the mindset you do and sifting through the material learned which number in the upper hundreds for something that may apply to the mv engine is very frustrating and I think this is something that could be avoided. If people come together and make a tutorial series for scripting on YouTube or whatever where the basics are portrayed with their relevance to the engine. Examples and such.
This is a very daunting task hence why no-one is trying to do it, so the solution is simple. Have a list of required material and have people (experienced coders) make the tutorials no one person should have to dedicate months to this or even start a banned.url account as inscentive if people aren’t willing enough. As this situation stands I, as someone who came over from unity I’m really thinking of returning to unity and never looking back. I’m sure a lot of people feel the same.

SumRndumDde and Soulpower777 (someone please correct me if there are digits wroung) have both done just that. There really good!

Sumrandumdde does this barely scratching the surface and soulpour777 who had a more complete set of tutorials took them down hence why I think no one person should be in charge of learning material, lest they remove it when it suits them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venima

Treasure experiences and sensations, not progress.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Joy Diamond Oh you are a god send for showing me that the MV Console has a debugger built in where I can use my cherished breakpoints and single steps. I've been wanting to know how to get this to work for some time now and MV had it all along. Seriously, thanks!
The point I have to make is: Why did it take people so long to find this? I don't think MV needs to write a tutorial, I think it needs a landing page that provides links and tips for where to find tutorials, and the extras like accessing the debugger and console. Also include a link to that spreadsheet of script commands that replicate event commands, and have them open in default browser.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, from my experience, nothing beat programing/dev experience (no pun intented). In other words, the more you do it, the better you get at it.

ougitou1

Invisible Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en-
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, from my experience, nothing beat programing/dev experience (no pun intented). In other words, the more you do it, the better you get at it.
True, and in the long run people who want help because they are stuck are just lazy and deserve to die or leave the rm programs to the professionals, cause the logo really doesn't say that children can also use the program. (I'm being sarcastic here). Anyway in all fairness the dev made the program and it's a good program, could've been better? Sure! However the did their part and now the rest is up to us. This really should be just about making money so hide your tips and tricks! No! Think about it for a second, if knowledge is spread think about the intricately designed dames that could get published? And so much faster at that. But nooooo people are stuck trying to recreate the wheel... Something which was already invented to make things easier for us. Sure some if us are stupid, heck I'm stupid cause it's easier for me to learn scripting through unconventional means. But similarly there are others, like a whole bunch who wholeheartedly want to give this a shot but simply aren't geniuses, those guys need help too don't you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")
Stream will be live shortly with some more Minecraft spriting! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloud8111