CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SigmaSuccour I really need to tell you something. This may sound a bit harsh, but I believe you are a good person and that you deserve to be successful.

You are a psychologist, it's a great thing. You know many things about how the human mind works and probably also knows how positive thinking can make wonders in anyone life. You claim that wants to bring happiness to everyone with your games, and yet, your own way of criticizing everyone's works (and even your own work) overvaluing failures and undermining the victories only show how sunken you are into a mindset full of negativism. What kind of psychologist are you? It's time for you to change that!

I honestly trust your potential. You have 6 games finished while many others barely finished their first. It's a big number man! Even if you were still working on your first project, you still would be better than those who never started anything.

What being big can really means for us? Van Gogh is know as a great painter today, but was never recognized while still alive (just to mention one example). Even though, he painted over 2000 paintings. Meditate about this.

@TheGentlemanLoser thanks man! I always advocated that every kind of feedback is worthy, both positive and negative. How many times we are wrong and people take their time to point that, so we can improve ourselves? It's always a big opportunity.

Before Fantasya Final Definitiva REMAKE, I used to "translate" my games myself, but working with various games with different languages was becoming a big hurdle for someone working alone. Today these games are available for free since I can't give them any more official support.

For Learn RPG Maker MV, I'm working alone and with zero budget for anything, so part of the support I believe players can give is also related to possible typos and misspellings that went unnoticed while the game is still under development.

@PixeLockeT thanks for the feedback! That's the idea. After finishing this game, people will be able to develop their own classic JRPG with every feature available with RPG Maker MV with ease.

If things go really well, I may also write an e-book and release as a DLC with lessons about javascript to complement this work.

@mlogan many thanks! Looking from your point of view, it really makes much more sense.

One more time, thanks everyone for your feedback! Feel free to give more as you sense the need for it. I also updated the store description and decided to rise the price a bit (from 1 dollar to 5) as charging a price so low may send a wrong message about the quality of my work.

See you next time! :wink:

SigmaSuccour

Dogmatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To motivate someone to do something, you want to say the things that will bring them closer to their deeper goals.
And your words... have fallen flat on me.
But... I appreciate the attempt. @CleanWater :biggrin:

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been silently following the progression of things here, and to @CleanWater and @SigmaSuccour, I have to give you guys major props. The interaction between you two is the sort of thing I really wish I saw more of online. The way neither of you just outright dismiss each other's words and instead calmly respond to the other is absolutely wonderful. Keep it up you two.

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"Choose a lesson" two 'oo's one s'

I have to say, as someone who's been doing this kind of a while I have never once thought about teaching people how to do this, and it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm still learning and everyone is always still learning everything (a fact I really wish I could have embraced 15 years ago) and everything to do with the fact I never had the slightest inkling I'd be a good or even acceptable teacher.

Last edited:

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@CleanWater If you need someone to look over texts and attempt to correct any mistakes before a part/chapter is released, I could help out. I like your attitude and how positive you are and I wanna support that in any way I can.

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sword_of_Dusk thanks fellow! I also share your wish. It would be great to see more constructive relationships online everywhere.

@TheGentlemanLoser Ouch!! That "chosse" mistake was terrible! :guffaw:
I just corrected it, soon I'll be updating the screenshot too. Many thanks man!

I also will be glad to know if you find any more typos and misspellings like these.

I agree with you that everyone still can learn something. About being a teacher, if you don't have any idea about how to proceed with teaching, it's actually fine. I would be completely lost as well if I had never studied for this. Teaching is not an art, but a science. I have studied a lot of didactic methods, psychology of education, etc, before taking my temporary license to give math lessons.

@PixeLockeT thanks for your offer! I think I'll accept it. I'll contact you via PM to discuss it.

Actually, anyone who have financially supported the game and played it can post in the game's community (or here if they prefer so) anything they think that can be changed or improved. I really will love to discuss any improvement I can do with this project with the community. This game is for you after all. :wink:

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated main topic screenshots. Fixed the "chosse" typo (thanks again @TheGentlemanLoser !) and removed the black borders.

Switches Lesson coming soon (still today if everything goes alright) with previous lessons also revisited.

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Switches lesson now available. You can check the full announcement below:

I also made the game free-to-play in browser. I hope it helps you who is starting your journey on game making with RPG Maker MV. You still can support the project by purchasing the source files in the project's page.

See you next time.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished my first Slip into Ruby since last July! It'll be up and added to the main post tomorrow, along with a new Jump into Javascript.
to pass the time.pngTesting out making boxes and packs of items. These things are always fun to do.
Rural Japan Tiles, Giant Dragon Sprite, Paint Icons? & Game Spicy Pixel Fonts | RPG Maker News #31

just hopped into project recruitment... hoping to maybe find some artists to help with parallax maps and whatnot. I could do them myself, but I'm not really good at it so I'd prefer to stick to my strengths which is character art and SOME UI elements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fertrick