PixelMister

RPG Maker Enthusiast and General Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry I don't have any experience using the VisuStella plugins.
Not a problems, I dont expect instant support and knowledge of the systems.
I'll figure it out.

If I may suggest a feature, could this be linked with traits or passive abilities which can be assigned through points like in FF9?

For example in FF9, Zidane could have 40 points to allot to passive skills such as Maneater, Gillionaire etc.

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Actually I looked through it again and it doesn't. I thought there was a customizable JS section in it for after victories but there is not, I know I looked into a lot of plugins all at once and just assumed it had a section for it like pretty much all other VisuStella plugins.

I MIGHT be able to find a way to do it through VisuStella Battle Core since it lets you run common events after battle. What code snippet do I use to show if someone has learned a skill with your plugin? If I can just get that I think I can fenaggle (sp?) something to make it work. Thanks for the reply.

Look for the following line:
JavaScript:
$gameMessage.add(TextManager.obtainSkill.format($dataSkills[skillId].name));
That's the actual display output. Maybe you can store the output in another location or something?

Not a problems, I dont expect instant support and knowledge of the systems.
I'll figure it out.

If I may suggest a feature, could this be linked with traits or passive abilities which can be assigned through points like in FF9?

For example in FF9, Zidane could have 40 points to allot to passive skills such as Maneater, Gillionaire etc.

Already done:

PixelMister

RPG Maker Enthusiast and General Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just thought I'd post a reply - I managed to get it working with Visustella - must've been the plugin order or something.

A possible suggestion @Fomar0153
Could we have equipment learning happen at specific levels?
So for example:
The item: Essence of Fire, will have to bestow all fire skills. However, I would like the player until level 15, to be able to only learn Fire One. Once player has reached Level 15, the new skill becomes available to learn from the equipment.

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A possible suggestion @Fomar0153
So for example:
The item: Essence of Fire, will have to bestow all fire skills. However, I would like the player until level 15, to be able to only learn Fire One. Once player has reached Level 15, the new skill becomes available to learn from the equipment.

Sorry it's not a feature I intend to add.

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So for example:

Maybe you can do it in other way. Like if you mastered Fire One, you have to go to a shrine to raise your power/wash your mind or whatever, and you can secretly swap your weapon with another same one but with Fire Two to learn. It would look like what you want to achieve. Just a though. :)

af2390

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Plugin was working last night i saved felt good went to sleep. wake up and tried opening again and it does this now.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    190.3 KB · Views: 15

Ophiucus Games

Ophiucus Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Look for the following line:
JavaScript:
$gameMessage.add(TextManager.obtainSkill.format($dataSkills[skillId].name));
That's the actual display output. Maybe you can store the output in another location or something?

Already done:
@Knightmare did you ever get the victory screen to show skills learned from equipment at the end of battle? I am trying to implement this so would be grateful to hear how you managed it if so!

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Knightmare did you ever get the victory screen to show skills learned from equipment at the end of battle? I am trying to implement this so would be grateful to hear how you managed it if so!

Sorry I gave up on that and swithced to the VisuStella Skill Learn System for Skill Learning. The last thing I tried was editing some of the Settings in the VisuStella Victory Aftermath but to no avail. I think your best bet would be to add that JS snippet that Fomar gave you and try plugging it in in some of the strips in Victory Aftermath. You might be able to do a workaround of sorts another way with events if you can't get it to show with the Victory Aftermath. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
FF9 plugins o_O ''drools''

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's a shame that Selection Control will not be ported to MZ. I found a neat way of using it to enable ways for tanks to protect squishies. lol
Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.
elexy 1.2.pngSome bust art to be cropped and cleaned. May use in special decision moments. Depending on how it looks in game I may cut it.
Tiamat-86 wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
"you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ven_0