Learn with me how to customize your battle HUD

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Introduction
I choose to summit this serie of videos about my on going project Chibi Dungeon. They are half tutorials and half dev blog because the theme of the event is to make a tutorial and I think they could help people to to understand how to customize their battle HUD in some way. Also seeing someone getting through errors can confort every new comers that problems can be overcome.

So it's like "learn with me while I'm making errors" serie.

This serie of tutorials are for people who're familiar with Photoshop (CS6) and Rpg maker Mv.

Software used:
- Photohop CS6
- Rpg maker Mv

What this tutorial won't include
Demo

Video 1: setting up the battle system
I mainly install the core of the the battle systems with a lot of plugins. It's a heavy process to do before inserting any plugins that will customize the appearance of the HUD. Starting from "scratch".

Why ?
It's to make sure there is no compatibility errors between plugins that will determine your gameplay. I go back a lot to my previous version of my project so I could copy paste easyly the setting I made/found.

Note
The "bug" at the end of the video wasn't a bug in the end.
I forgot to check the plugin setting of Class Change core.
Thanks to Yanfly guidance, I was able to change the right setting that allowed my characters to share all skills.

Video 2: continuation of previous video with some photoshop stuff
This part will actually show you that the hardest moment I had was to found the correct coordinations to relocate the windows, lol

Be aware that a lot of preparation has been made before to search what kind of style I wanted and have to make some pre-made pictures that consumed a lot of my time.

Video 3: finaly concluded the little serie since it covered the all the basic HUD that I customised that doesn't need any modification from a third party coder.

By that I mean, the plugins that I used are kinda "plug and play" you just have to "customize" the settings to your tastes.

Credits (sorry if I forgot someone)
Plugins: Yanfly, Moghunter, Victor, Mr trivel
Graphics: Deviantart (texture), Acquire (from rpgmaker japan website)

Last edited:

DeviTheHuman

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm getting this weird error on YouTube that the last two videos contain material from Victor Entertainment, Inc and, therefore, the video is not available in my country (United States).

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
So I'm getting this weird error on YouTube that the last two videos contain material from Victor Entertainment, Inc and, therefore, the video is not available in my country (United States).

That's really weird because I've received 0 email about any claims and those videos are free.

Edit: I did some research and find in the settings that some people came complain (without 0 emails not notify me) about the musics. I will try to fix that asap Please check again during week.

Edit 2: haha, they claimed the musics I was listening on youtube while make those videos XD (I knew a lot of big youtubers were plagued by the claim systems by fake companies, never knew I would be victim of it too) Anyway, I took the claimed musics down.

Last edited by a moderator:

baufian

lost gear in the grand design.
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
i don't see the vids

PlayBoyMan

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Same here.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hello,

Sorry for the delay, I updated my first post since new forum screwed it.
Unfortunately, Chibi Dungeon has been canceled since a virus ate my computer and I don't have anymore all the work I showed you in these videos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~
Finally scripting out the story after WAYYYYY too long of having 0 idea of how to approach said scripting.
2020 has started off pretty stressful for me, but no need to fear. I have my mood fixer:

Have you appreciated a Hedgehog today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipxenon