overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was going to write a rather lengthy post about using scripts to make a system similar to say Materia from Final Fantasy VII or Espers from Final Fantasy 6 in the they are things you put on a character that would allow them to learn new magic as they kept them on. Then I realized as I was typing it that you could technically do ALL of that through variables and common events - which is fine. It's viable and I do need to practice my common events, but that doesn't mean I wanna do that because - well it's a bit of a pain.

So I figured I would ask if anyone knew scripts that would make such a thing a little less of a chore. Any little bit helps.

I wasn't sure if this belonged in resource requests, but that does seem more about things like icons and sprites and the like. If this isn't where this belongs, please do move it promptly, thank you.

Drakkonis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Resource requests is indeed for sprites, music, etc. A thread like this belongs more in plugin requests.

On topic, I'm not sure offhand if there are any currently existing plugins that do what you want. I'm sure there are, but I've not had a need to look for any and haven't stumbled on one randomly. If you're using MV, the chance is greater.

If not, depending on desired feature complexity one could be made relatively easily. I'd volunteer, but I've got too many plugins in various stages of development already. Mainly because I keep getting distracted with ideas.

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Resource requests is indeed for sprites, music, etc. A thread like this belongs more in plugin requests.

On topic, I'm not sure offhand if there are any currently existing plugins that do what you want. I'm sure there are, but I've not had a need to look for any and haven't stumbled on one randomly. If you're using MV, the chance is greater.

If not, depending on desired feature complexity one could be made relatively easily. I'd volunteer, but I've got too many plugins in various stages of development already. Mainly because I keep getting distracted with ideas.
Ah, requests not support - that makes sense. Sometimes I miss/forget a subcategory.
I am using MV and I really thought I saw someone mention they could do this with a plug.

Anyway, it's fine if yer busy. ^_^ Like I said - worse come to worse I'm like 99% sure I can do it in a tedious manner with common events. Though I admit I kinda hope someone will pop up and be "I got what you need right here!!!" :rswt

Edit: I may have found what I was looking for here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/equipment-learning.54181/

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

51F2AC5E-A605-446E-9439-D77AA6A0B0ED.pngAdded console to my content thread here
Sweet nostalgia. My fave Final Fantasy game.
Steam page is now live!
1632768058957.png
just discovered thig game called Willowbrooke Post... beautiful artstyle if I do say so myself... does anyone know what this kind of style is called??
In one of my game projects, I am working on an arena where you can fight combatants or bet on monsters, and, man, it is taking so long, lmao. I do not think that it helps that I am using an evented combat system with a lot of things that I have to edit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
switchstone