Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice to see quality games being made w/ this plugin.
So glad LeCode's TBS works w/ Yanfly's plugins. Can't wait for v0.8!

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sorry if this has been asked and answered before but i couldnt find it while searching trough the pages, is it possible right now to make both enemies and actors counter attack when attacked? basically fire emblem

Adventurer_inc.

Technically a Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sorry if this has been asked and answered before but i couldnt find it while searching trough the pages, is it possible right now to make both enemies and actors counter attack when attacked? basically fire emblem
Wouldn't you just set everyone's counter rate to 100% for that?

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Wouldn't you just set everyone's counter rate to 100% for that?

Might want to look at my previous post about how to fix the counter system. I think I posted the fix

Then all you need to do is set counter to 100%.

watermark

Waiting for that RM vibe to come back.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey just started to play around with this system. It's pretty awesome!

Can someone point me to some completed games that use this system? I would like to see more examples of how this system can be used. The official demo, while pretty good, only shows a part of it.

Psychronic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey just started to play around with this system. It's pretty awesome!

Can someone point me to some completed games that use this system? I would like to see more examples of how this system can be used. The official demo, while pretty good, only shows a part of it.

My game isn't complete, but this is how I've used the system so far, for both fleet battles, and land battles:

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can look into that but it might be difficult, since enemies arent actually actors.

Hmmm would it be possible if we made actor counterparts for each enemy? :p

Alphaistimz

AlphaDio Production
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin looks promising for my need, but using it looks complicated.
I wish someone can make video about the tutorial.
Also... I use Victor's and Hime's plugins... where should I put those since I also use Yanfly's?

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know the approximate timeline of the next version (0.8 I think?). Not that I'm asking for it sooner, as I'm well aware of how much work goes into something like this and that the author is under no obligation to make updates.

Just curious whether it's more like 'a month from now' or more like 'a year from now'.

Adventurer_inc.

Technically a Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin looks promising for my need, but using it looks complicated.
I wish someone can make video about the tutorial.
Also... I use Victor's and Hime's plugins... where should I put those since I also use Yanfly's?

The current version is actually very difficult to use. But fear not, the next version was previewed, by Chaosicaa, to be a lot more developer friendly. If you haven't built an entire debugger around and embedded parts of the core scripts into your main game, I recommend waiting until version 0.8.

Hello everyone, I finally have one of the first Beta version of LeTBS 0.8

There is the first little preview!
A new button appear in the title screen (you can disable it by disabling the corresponding plugin)

If you click on this button, you gain access to a new window :

The resources marked with a yellow star are the one by default, you can add or remove some.
For example this will make ally and enemy cells quickly rotate for a second before battle starts.

Actually the plugin is still WIP but nearly done!
Lecode is working on Linux but on windows, there is a silly bug soon to be corrected : ) preventing me to test the battles for now, I'll show you more when this is corrected!

There is also a completely new functionality added with this version :

Signals

With this, you will be able to inject your own code just after the start of the battle of after the action Y of an actor X so you will be able to DEEPLY customize your game!

Always try to put every plugin below Lecode's but core code might have sit above Lecode's.

Alphaistimz

AlphaDio Production
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Adventurer_inc.
Yeah I need to know the compatibility with other plugins since I make Fire Emblem-like game
so I need custom parameters and have flat bonuses for equipments
Not to be OOT here, but I need some other plugins other than this to finish my game
Therefore, it can make a lot of things done faster if I can avoid confusions

Cloned

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is it possible to use this to have your battle system be similar to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? As in, you load into a map and the map is essentially the battle?

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to use this to have your battle system be similar to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? As in, you load into a map and the map is essentially the battle?

While this plugin does use your current map as the battle (unless you specifically have it warp you somewhere else first), this is more set up for tactics-type games than mystery dungeons- you select movement and actions from a menu, turns are visibly discrete, and it's not built for things like fog of war or large maps full of items.

It's not the worst place to start, but you'd have to put in a lot of code work on things like AI and user interface to make it actually play like a mystery dungeon.

kmack

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
\Shameless plug-ish
A IGMC 2018 entry that uses LeCode's TBS (v0.77) that shows a potential of this engine when fused with Yanfly's YEP.
https://itch.io/jam/igmc2018/rate/334451 (rate if you can)
Hints: More in-game or on the game itch.io game page
  • Both moving and actions cost AP, but you can keep moving and acting as long as you have AP. Enemies will do the same.
  • Armor blocks any physical damage. Any physical damage less than 10% of armor does 0.
  • Magic (Fields) apply direct damage to hp, if they apply damage, and sits on the ground for 3 turns.
You can support this by supporting LeCode's TBS.

This is awesome, however I am encountering errors when I try to get the two to work together:

upload_2018-12-20_12-29-30.png

How did you get past this?

Adventurer_inc.

Technically a Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've actually attempted this. The biggest problem I've encountered is saving and loading during battle. If you can't save during a tactics game, it doesn't make it much of a game. :biggrin: Save data is a lot more complex then I thought.

This is awesome, however I am encountering errors when I try to get the two to work together:

How did you get past this?
Is that from my game, specifically, or the Lecode's demo?

If it's my game, please report it on my thread. After looking at the log, I realize there are scripts not in my game.

If it is Lecode's Demo, he recommended another demo and known compatible scripts on the front page of this thread. Some of Yanfly's script will never work for Lecode's TBS and have to be rebuilt from scratch.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/lecode-tactical-battle-system-0-77-2b.71572/

Your problem looks like a plugin placement issue. Sometimes, it is easier to build a game from the demo than importing his scripts into your game.

Alphaistimz

AlphaDio Production
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm just wondering if it's possible to make my battlers able to move if they didn't move before doing other actions. (can't move anymore if they move even if they didn't use all of their move points that turn)
e.g. If they attack before moving, they can move after that, but if they move even just 1 tile away, they can't move after attacking

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm just wondering if it's possible to make my battlers able to move if they didn't move before doing other actions. (can't move anymore if they move even if they didn't use all of their move points that turn)
e.g. If they attack before moving, they can move after that, but if they move even just 1 tile away, they can't move after attacking

Very simple. Set "one time move" and "one time attack" on the parameters for the main plugin. This means you get one move action and one attack/item action each turn, to be used in either order.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Chaosicaa, any updates on the progress of v0.8?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I hate doing voice over videos but people said they like hearing about the details.
Modern Town Overworld, World of Solaria Dungeon, 80's Retro-Futuristic Font | RPG Maker News #73

I been slowing down and not focusing on project currently.
I had this idea for VTubers vs MOTHER and its a bunch of Vtubers finding eight melodies to fight a psychic alien and a fat kid. IDK, kinda find it hard to use RPG Maker for more than 15 minutes
Working on some wizard/magic bases:
TestChara-10-hover.gif

I mean, technically it's a flying base but I haven't made any wings yet, so magic hovering is it for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingxjosh01