Kenode

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would be great if there was a way to switch between the default battle system and the TBS.
Don't get me wrong! I love this system, it's very similar to what I was looking for (in fact, I think it's the closest to it), but I'd like to reserve it for special battles, such as bosses or specific missions in the game, and leave the other battles handled by "DoubleX Popularized ATB"

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kenode good thing there is! You have to turn the LeTBS on with a plugin command, which can also be used to turn it right back off again. If you turn it on before the boss battle, and then off right after, you can still use your normal system everywhere else.

mojoaa13

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Would be great if there was a way to switch between the default battle system and the TBS.
Don't get me wrong! I love this system, it's very similar to what I was looking for (in fact, I think it's the closest to it), but I'd like to reserve it for special battles, such as bosses or specific missions in the game, and leave the other battles handled by "DoubleX Popularized ATB"
leTBS is trigger by a plugin command that can be toggled on an off
ON = LeTBS ON
OFF = LeTBS OFF

Kenode

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had no idea, I looked everywhere and I couldn't find that command... woot! thanks guys!

GreenDude

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to make a character have several actions per turn ?

Like having 5 Action Points, with abilities, attack and moving costing Action Points ; said character would end its turn as his Action Points reach zero.
Here's what I did. Use Yanfly's Enhanced TP script. Set Max TP, Initial TP, and TP gain to whatever you want in the plugin config. Also set "preserve TP" to false. Then make every skill in your database, including basic attack, have a TP cost and no TP gain. Add add two skill types on the "systems" tab of the data base; Actions and Items. Go to the Skills tab and change Attack to "Actions" type. I did the same with Guard and have a few other skills (Steal, Counter, etc) there too. Next, make a skill for every item in your game that's usable during battle and set them to the Item type. Remaining Skills will remain whatever you had them. I made a third type called Skill and they reside there. Go to the classes tab and add the created item skills to the learned list.
Next go into the LTBS plugin config. In the command box you'll see two numbers after the commands "attack" and "item". A few rows down you'll see "skill icons". Add the number for attack before the number that is there, and the number for item after the number already there. Go to commands and delete "attack" and "item" and the numbers you pasted in the other box.
That should do it! The green bar below battlers in battle is their TP. It doesn't show numbers, unfortunately. I'll be checking this thread periodically if you have trouble. As far as I know, there's no way to use TP for move points. I have TP set with a formula (user.agi / 2 for example) and wish I could set move points to agi as well.

Now onto my issue!
I'm having a problem with states that damage/heal at the end of a battler's turn. Currently I'm using Yanfly's Extended DOTs. Enemy gets the state, loses HP at end of turn... but there's no popup! Also the plugin itself doesn't allow any sort of MP healing/damage.
My previous project used "ellyestatesdamage". It does everything I want. Unfortunately, whenever a battler is effected, I get an error at the end of their turn:

"TypeError
Cannot read property 'refresh' of null"
TypeError: Cannot read property 'refresh' of null
at Function.BattleManager.refreshStatus (file:///C:/Users/***/Desktop/***/js/rpg_managers.js:2407:23)
at Game_Enemy.<anonymous> (file:///C:/Users/***/Desktop/RPG/***/js/plugins/ellyestatesdamage.js:211:31)
at Array.forEach (native)
at Game_Enemy.Game_Battler.ProcessEllyeStatesDamage (file:///C:/Users/***/Desktop/***/js/plugins/ellyestatesdamage.js:170:23)
at Game_Enemy.Game_Battler.onTurnEnd ((file:///C:/Users/***/Desktop/***/js/plugins/ellyestatesdamage.js:164:14)
at TBSEntity.onTurnEnd (file:///C:/Users/(file:///C:/Users/***/Desktop/***/js/plugins/LeTBS.js:8841:19)
at TBSEntity.onTurnEnd (file:///C:/Users/(file:///C:/Users/***/Desktop/***/js/plugins/LeTBS_DamagePopupEX.js:78:55)
at TBSEntity.onTurnEnd (file:///C:/Users/(file:///C:/Users/***/Desktop/***/js/plugins/LeTBS_EntityHud.js:71:51)
at TBSEntity.onTurnEnd (file:///C:/Users/(file:///C:/Users/***/Desktop/***/js/plugins/LeTBS_TilesMarksAuraEffects.js:409:56)
at TBSEntity.onTurnEnd (file:///C:/Users/(file:///C:/Users/***/Desktop/***/js/plugins/LeTBS_TimelineControl.js:198:57)

Any idea how to fix this?

Couple of other quick questions:
1. Does YEP CTB work with this?
2. Enemies lower than party members tend to run away from battle (YEP Enemy Levels). Is this intended?

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GreenDude
1) very much no. LeTBS replaces the entire battle system framework, so nothing that tries to change the system will work with it.
2) I have never seen this, does that only happen when you have enemy levels installed?

GreenDude

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. I didn't think it would. Was hoping it would though. Wanted a way to manipulate the turn order with skills/states.
2. I figured it out. Its the way I have TP set up (explained above). My "test enemy" didn't have enough TP at level 1 to do anything. Fixed now.

Still trying to figure out why DOTs/HOTs won't popup.

@Pharonix, how do I go about implementing your Confusion fix? Its the only state aside from DOT damage popups that I'm having an issue with. Not a big deal, only one high level skill uses it.

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. I didn't think it would. Was hoping it would though. Wanted a way to manipulate the turn order with skills/states.
Well, if you look at the documentation, there's a couple ways you can manipulate turn order- shuffle someone's turn higher or lower on the order, or give them additional turns. If your turn order is still based on agility, you can combine those with agility buffs/debuffs to make them last longer than just the current round.

Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, someone know if it is possible to make battle turns where first the player can move and/or attack with all his characters and only after finishing the turn the Enemies can do the same?

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@HeartlessMachine Depends on what exactly you want. If you are fine with the turn order being fixed, and just want to make sure players go before enemies, just go to the turn order settings on the plugin, set "Fair" to false, and replace the ".agi" with ".isActor()" in the formula. This will base turn order on whether it's a player or not, instead of their agility.

If you want something that lets you switch between characters and use them in any order, like, say, Fire Emblem, then you'd need a bunch of code modifications. I've been working on a plugin to add the functionality, but it's still a bit finicky and needs more work.

ivo333

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Has anyone gotten this to work with parallax mapping?

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has anyone gotten this to work with parallax mapping?
I believe there was a fix somewhat early on to make sure it handles parallax backgrounds correctly, and since you define all the walls and such via regions anyway, it should theoretically work fine. If you're doing your parallax via something like Yanfly's Region Restrictions, you could easily set it up to use the same walls regions and everything.

Tonny

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Anyone know why using the <Enemy Cell: index #> to distribute different enemies on specific enemy cells doesn't work? They just get randomized.

mojoaa13

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Anyone know why using the <Enemy Cell: index #> to distribute different enemies on specific enemy cells doesn't work? They just get randomized.
I recall having this issue once and I fixed it by starting the index at 1 instead of 0.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have to start from 1 and specify a cell (or cells) for every enemy. Otherwise, it's possible for the randomly-placed enemies to "steal" the reserved spots, which means that enemy is more randomly placed, and so on.

ForTheWin

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i need a help....!!!

how i can use actor random spawn? (encounter spawn)

plz help me~!

kanaza

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,
is there a way to leave a battle?
Thanks

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,
is there a way to leave a battle?
Thanks
If you set the battle as allowing escape when you started it, the "escape" option should be enabled in the party menu as normal. You can also make escape events (there's one in the demo you can clone, the magic circle looking thing in the town). Lastly, I believe you can use the "abort battle" effect from events like normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The MZ first look stream was quite good. Looks like we get a lot of generator parts right off the bat this time around. Lots of cool clothes, helmets, facial marks, etc. Looking forward to playing around with it. :)
Any tips on how to share resources in here? Should I upload them in a image hosting site or Google Drive?
That moment when you realize your game size without the sound is 51.1 MB.... But with it (unoptimized as it is) it's 156 MB.... I guess it's time to do a bit of sound optimizing. :kaoswt: Also I learned that deployed for Windows it's 308MB... Apparently MV adds a pretty hefty helping of stuff on deployment. :kaoback:
I wanna try making my game into an app because that sounds cool but I am so lost on how to :kaocry:
I found some tutorial but they all seem to use an older android studio(2.3.3)? I think the current version is 4.0.1?
is there an updated tutorial or do I need to find a way to get 2.3.3.?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GachaPringle