Lecode Tactical Battle System 0.77.2B

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Lecode, Nov 28, 2016.

1. kanaza

kanaza Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you Doktor_Q

As a noob i got some other question ...

How can i Tag an enemy ? Because when i use the Add Defeat FlaggedEntity [FlagID] win condition,
    it says my enemy is undefined.

When my actor died, they don't use the dead pose i give them. They continue to walk on place.

For exemple :
    <letbs_sprite>

pose(idle): use_chara

pose(dead): use_chara, Damage2, 5, 0

turn_order: auto

status_sprite: auto

</letbs_sprite>

thank you

2. Doktor_Q

Doktor_Q I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not sure in the flagged enemies, as I haven't messed with that yet.

I'm currently investigating the actors not using dead poses, I suspect it's a code error in either the tag not being read, or RTPUse not knowing when to switch. If I can make a fix, I'll post it.

3. cmcorbin

cmcorbin Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey everyone. So I am trying to make a specific skill only be usable once per turn. I have my game set up to use as many skills as you have TP for and that is working great but I need one skill to serve as a free attack that can be used once each turn. looking at the git hub page I noticed the max_use: number tag but I cant seem to get it to work to save my life. Thanks in advanced for any help!

4. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Figured out the problem with actors not using death poses- to make "use_chara" pull from the actor's sprite by default, it would ignore the spritesheet and index you specified in the parameter. So it was technically using the death pose, just, it was the same as their idle pose.

To fix it, you can find and change two lines in LeTBS_RPTUse.js:
    Code:
    var charaName = battler.isActor() ? battler.characterName() : array[1].trim();

becomes

var charaName = (battler.isActor() && !array[1]) ? battler.characterName() : array[1].trim();

Code:
    var charaIndex = battler.isActor() ? battler.characterIndex() : Number(array[2].trim());

becomes

var charaIndex = (battler.isActor() && !array[2]) ? battler.characterIndex() : Number(array[2].trim());
    This way, it won't use the default option if you actually specify which sheet and index to use.

5. Feldherren

Feldherren Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    For a project I've found myself needing to put together an enemy made out of multiple tiles; I've managed this with a bunch of graphic-less enemies surrounding the large main enemy, and a troop event that calculates how much damage every part has taken each turn and sets the HP of all parts to the new calculated value for the current HP minus total amount of damage the unit took.
    I'd like this troop event to run after any unit takes a turn. However, with the condition End Turn and Span:Turn End , it only triggers at the end of the first unit's turn and then doesn't run again for the entire round, whilst with Turn End and Span:Moment it triggers after the first unit's turn and blocks the game from progressing, because it never stops running without an extra condition like a switch. Is there an easy way to set up a troop event to run after each unit's turn in a round, or am I going to need to dig around in LeTBS to flip a switch after every time a unit ends its turn?

Finally, is there any inherent capability for the engine to just completely skip specified actors or enemies in the turn order? Currently the sub-part enemies that make up the extra targetable tiles in the large enemy are treated as full enemies, and hence the turn order devotes a slot to them, and even with processing delay and wait for AI set to 0 each, it still takes some time to cycle through their entries.

6. kanaza

kanaza Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you doctor_Q
    It's working !

also i want to make a skill that strike all people around the player. I use this code :

<letbs>

scope: circle(0)

aoe: circle(1)

Aoe_options: exclude_user

sequence: atk

scope_color: #FFF

</letbs>

<letbs_AI>

type: offense

</letbs_AI>

But when i use it it says cannot read property "x" of undefined.
    How do i manage to create this skill.

thank you in advance

7. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Feldherren While it's impressive how much you've gotten on multi-tile enemies, it might be your best bet to wait for LeCode to implement it in the eventual coming version(s).

On your current attempt, though, you might get some mileage out of making the surrounding enemies as summons instead? You can set them to be skipped in turn order that way, at least, though it could make your eventing more complex.

8. Feldherren

Feldherren Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I think if there's no way to do 'execute after anything takes a turn' events I'm just going to hack in a switch for it and keep going, at this point.

Once I've got it working I'll post more about it, I guess. I don't expect the hacking I'll have to do will be too complicated (famous last words)

9. Chaach

Chaach Chaach Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hey guys, i've been playing Stella Glow (3DS) recently, is there a way to make an actor be required for the fight? So that way it cannot be removed or changed, then i can make the protagonist or important characters be needed on some fights.

And also, is the turn order icon size parameter working? changing it's value doesn't seem to work, the turn order icons looks so small with a large window resolution like 1280x720, i tried increasing the icon image size with photoshop but then the character sprite inside the icon won't scale with it.

Attached Files:

10. kanaza

kanaza Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello again
    I got a problem with the map tileset. The passable under the tile option in the tileset doesn't work. My characters are always over it. Shall i configure the tileset? Because i see no difference between my maps and the demo ones.

Thank you

11. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Chaach that is what happens if you make an actor start cell with a specific ID assigned- it makes that actor appear already locked in.

12. Chaach

Chaach Chaach Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    oh sorry i'm so dumb, i misread the documentation and thought it was only possible with enemies, thanks! :)

edit1: uhh, i don't know, looks like there is a bug, i make my 2 actors required, but then the "start battle" button is disabled/grayed, and if i use the cancel key i can remove those characters and can't put them back, using 0.77.2B

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  13. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It does have an existing bug where you can't start the battle with only auto-placed characters, but the ability to cancel them out should have been fixed a while ago- it wasn't there in the demo posted a few pages back.

14. kanaza

kanaza Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I figure out what is my tileset problem. In fact charcater pass over object instead of being hiden by it when i use other tileset ressource. Is ther an issue to use custom tilset or the default tileset is needed to work with the system?

15. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Have you configured the passability settings etc for your new tileset, including setting which ones go above (a star icon for passability)?

16. kanaza

kanaza Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah all is Well configured. I try to copy paste the demo map. I got no problem but when i put some elements of the D or E file of the tileset which are custom ones, the problem appear again even with default elements of the tileset

17. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Fixed the lag on skills with long ranges that require line-of-sight. Also noticeably speeds up the AI for those skills. Just drop the plugin after all the other LeTBS stuff, no setup required.

If you're using a circle or square scope, you might notice a few cells are visible that weren't before, and vice-versa, but it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Attached Files:

18. Jewelraffe

Jewelraffe Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Forgive me if I'm dumb or if this bug is already known or fixed, but when I last tried out this plugin, the only bug I found was if you have more actors than there are cells, the game crashes if you select another actor. What I mean is if you have 5 cells but 10 actors, selecting a 6th causes a crash.

Otherwise, it's a simply amazing plugin :D
    Excellent work!

EDIT: Ok I'm dum, played demo and the bug is fixed; it simply doesn't let you try to add another actor. Nice, that bug was annoying.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  19. Haradion

Haradion Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I consider this amazing, and possibly the most impressive thing I have come across in the short time I have come to use MV.

However, I am running into an error.
    I have - eventually - managed to set up the system so that I can create a battle - using skills I've already designed for an alternative battle system.

I am using a number of YanFly's plugins to make my skills work. However, I am running into the following bug:

The skill works perfectly fine in a different plugin, but I am at a loss as to what is causing this one.

It results in an attack hitting, but doing zero damage. I believe it is to do with the damage formula being evaluated. When the formula is a solid number, it is evaluated fine. But when it involves a characters parameter, it reverts to 0 damage. This is perculiar, since the game has no trouble evaluating this in a different battle system.

Any thoughts?

20. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can you show your plugin list? There's a specific order you have to put things in for them to work with LeTBS stuff.

Also, just in case, have you checked that your copies of the yanfly plugins work in a fresh project? It's theoretically possible some of the files themselves were corrupted.