Lecode Tactical Battle System 0.77.2B

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Lecode, Nov 28, 2016.

1. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    wow thanks doktor! Do I just write that right into the notetag or do I have to make a sequence for it in the config? you're awesome.

Also, i figured out the skill bubble problem. It just doesn't work with irina's performance upgrade plugin.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  2. Doktor_Q

Doktor_Q I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would suggest making a real sequence, as I find the notetags get cluttered enough. You can also use $1 to pass a single parameter from whichever skill calls the sequence (see atk_push, which uses it for distance, or summon, which uses it for the summon entity), so you could re-use the "push back and summon in their place" effect with different amounts of push ou creating different obstacles.

You should definitely mess around with sequences and making your own- starting from simple edits of the ones included- and reading the sequence documentation. There's a lot you can do, but they also get complex quickly, and they comprise a lot of what your skills actually do.

3. Tonny

Tonny Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm having some problems with the map cursor. It just doesn't seem to focus on where it's suppose to be and is displayed in some other place on the map. Could it be because I'm using a different resolution?

Also pass_on_use doesn't seem to be working when an NPC/Enemy uses the skill. I'm not sure if it's suppose to be this way or something is messed on my part.

4. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    yes doktor, thank you for your help. I've been editing and playing with the sequences and its hilarious. This games got physics, I accidentally made a pool game with character sprites. I made my character ram into an enemy, and the enemy bounced back, but then the character doing the attack also bounced back, but went at a different angle. landed in a cell totally not related.

5. Haradion

Haradion Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Is there a way to change the start positions of my actors an enemies on the fly?
    If I move the event via another event, the characters still only spawn at their original locations.
    My plan was to have the Actor Cell locations move with the characters, in order to simulate an "Out of Combat" and "In Combat" situation, so that when combat is initated, the battle starts where the characters currently are.

chengsta likes this.
  6. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, it would be awesome to do what haradion asks. Also, my characters are going from rags to riches, and I wanted to upgrade their clothes depending on how late they are in the game. I can make a state that changes their sprite name, which changes their sprite in battle. But is there a plugin command option? the state interactions can be very buggy. Also, I can't figure out how to use the "sprite_scale:" tag. It should be the same as "sprite_name:" but apparrently it's not.

thanks ahead of time!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  7. cmcorbin

cmcorbin Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there anyway to make it so I can use one skill. once a turn but still be able to use other skills until I run out of magic? The Idea is that every turn you have one free basic action and after that you can use other skills based on how much tp you have. I am trying to come up with a work around using states to seal that specific free action but it does not seem to be working. Thanks in advance for any advice

8. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How about make a state that replaces that skill with an identical one, without free action?

9. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The regular plugin parameters let you specify whether you can use one action (attack/item/skill) per turn, or an arbitrary number.

If you want a skill to only work once per turn, you can just give it a 1-turn cooldown (1 = wait until next turn, 2 = cannot use next turn, 3 = cannot use for two turns, etc).

10. cmcorbin

cmcorbin Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was way over thinking that. Just did as you said and it works perfectly. thanks

11. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    alright, its weird, but I can put auras on people only by making them equip it as a state. I tried to just give a person a permanent aura, and it doesn't work. Like, I can turn on and off auras in battle by selecting it as a state. But when I just write "aura: insert here, etc" inside and outside the <letbs> headers, it just doesn't work. Please help! Trying to summon stuff that gives temporary auras as long as they're alive!

12. DjanPiellou

DjanPiellou Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, i have multiple little questions that i want to put in one post because i'm afraid of the moderator :')
    ( yes i'm new sorry if i do things badly )
    so, i want to know if it's possible to put to an opponent a sprite that can be found in "LeTbs" in the image file, because my game use them but it's common to fight allies and i would like to know how to make that, and use they're allies sprite, but for ennemies
    next, I would like to know if it is possible to put a trap, which can be modified later, I explain myself, one of my characters throws fire, the other sand, and I would like that if the trap fire touches the sand trap, it turns into a mirror, but no idea if this is possible thanks to this plugin
    My last question is about the sequences, I do not know where I miss, but none of the sequences that I create works, I am obliged to modify the existents, because even copied pasted, an error message appears constantly,
    thank you if you know, I'm sorry for these questions and especially for my level of English, good day apart from that

13. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I had no issues just by copying the intimidate aura from the state in the demo onto an enemy. Make sure you didn't introduce any typos or put it in the wrong part of the notetag (letbs_sprite, for example).

14. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    okay I figured it out. I was using the lecode manual, which is probably very outdated and a lot of syntax needs updating. In his manual, it says to use "Aura: etc" but looking around, I realized the normal auras in the demo say "Auras: etc" (Note the "S" after the aura note.)

but now that leads to the next problem...I still have the state even though the enemies have died and disappeared. I can move out of the area that they died, and the state will disappear. But once I go back to where they died, I get the state again. It's like they're not dead, just invisible.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  15. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @chengsta The manual is mostly correct but does have some typos and mistakes in it. It should get another update once 0.8 hits, so hopefully we can also get it cleaned up then.

16. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    alrighty, do you know how to make dead characters/summons/enemies vanish when they die? because right now for me when they die, their aura is still active in their last known location. I want it to disappear when they die, thanks.

I wonder if aura not disappearing when dead is a bug?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  17. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Make sure they do not have anything specified as a dead pose, then give them the has_no_corpse tag. They now get erased when they die.

Personally, I prefer linking the auras to Yanfly passive states, since you can control the conditions on those.

18. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    actually, I did try linking the auras to yanfly passive states, doesn't work. But do I just put the "has no corpse" tag inside /letbs, with nothing else before or after it? it aint working for me no matter what i try, they disappear, but the aura still remains. thanks again

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  19. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @chengsta Yes. You should be able to find some examples by looking at the enemies that come with the demo.

20. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    yep thats the example I copied. like i said though, they disappear but the auras they had still possess their last known position.

edit: Okay, I figured it out. I had to give my auras a duration of at least 1 turn, otherwise it'll haunt that area infinitely.

and lasty, last question I swear ;o
    is there any way to make enemy ai ignore a character? I'm trying to make an invisibility skill, but there is no way to make enemy not target the character.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019