Lecode Tactical Battle System 0.77.2B

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Lecode, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Lecode

Lecode (─‿‿─) Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I wrote a quick update on my patreon page.

Thank you, really appreciate the kind words :)
    However, I won't be able to help you currently. I'm putting all my energy in the next release. The current version is unmaintained.

@Doktor_Q Thanks so much for helping people here. Really can't do it myself. As you asked, I'll update the code source really soon. As announced on my patreon post, I'm on the last stage of coding. Once that's done I'll push the new source and write a quick contribution guide.

Doktor_Q likes this.
  2. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    can you please make your documents downloadable? :ysad: I've been using it as my bible, but now I can't access the old one. Thanks!

3. Lecode

Lecode (─‿‿─) Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'll add a link to the old demo. Check back on the site in ~10 minutes.

Doktor_Q likes this.
  4. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    so lecode, are we guaranteed an attempt at a plugin if we become a patreon for $50? I was looking for something like Olivia's state display tooltip. where if you hover over a state icon during battle, it would tell you a description (you provide the details in the notetags.).

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  5. Doktor_Q

Doktor_Q I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Lecode sweet! I look forward to getting to take a look at the new version and see what it can do.

6. Multodi

Multodi Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay... I give up. Im about 2 months into RPGMaker and everything is running really smoothly but I cannot for the life of me figure out the first steps for this Plugin... Idk where the configuration file is for this Plugin (the file editing makes sense to me but Idk where the file is located) and how to actually begin the combat event and set the actors. :/ Can I get some love <3 Been reading this forum chat but haven't found it yet so I thought I would ask

7. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I will suggest starting from the demo project that was posted in the thread, as it contains quite a few skills and is already configured and has a usable combat scenario for you to study.

8. Sijom

Sijom Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Could you guys help a total RPG Maker noob? I just downloaded this and learned that I needed easystar to make it run properly, but it looks like easystar isn't your typical plugin add-on, and I can't figure out how to install it. Do I just put the "easystarjs-master" file inside my project file, or do I need to do something else?

The GitHub says :
    • Web: Find the minified file in the /bin directory
    • node.js: npm install easystarjs
    • Phaser: see Phaser Plugin
    • Bower: bower install easystarjs
    ...but as a total noob, I don't understand what any of this mean. The minified file is probably te ".min.js" file under "bin", but I have no clue about the rest.

Also, I'm stubborn and really wanted to make my SRPG in an isometric perspective (which means I'll have to bring my own parallax maps...fun). Do you think Lecode can be used with this kind of perspective, or will it prove too difficult?

9. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    there is a LOT to do to get started. The fastest thing to do is unfortunately to start from the demo and build from there. But if you insist, you must first tell the map to send you to a battle map if you get into battle, and before that, you must first set up a battle map. And also need to set up winning conditions on the map. And then you also need to set up your character sprites with notetags, and enemies as well. You gotta tell it which sprite sheets to use. And you also need to set your skills using notetags. If any of those are missing, you get an error.

edit: Anyone else getting this event bug? I have a variable +1 every time someone gets affected by state 10. But it never goes +1 no matter what I do. gah! It's time to check all my plugins one by one again...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  10. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I hate to post under myself, but I can't seem to get revive working right. It doesn't remove KO state (state 1) on allies. I also made it heal afterwards, but nothing. Normally this would work in MV, but this tactical system seems to work differently. Also there is no revive skill example in the demo. Please help.

11. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Make sure the skill targets dead allies- you actually do need to use the built-in scope selection, not just the scope tags for LeTBS. This, for example, is what mine looks like:
    upload_2019-4-27_20-40-54.png

12. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow thanks doktor! I could've sworn I tried using that built-in scope already, but I guess I didn't. Works now, thanks!

Now that it's solved...would you happen to know how to set up a summon to be an AI? I don't want to controll it. I have it as an "actor" right now.
    If I set up as an enemy, it will only attack me :(

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  13. MiLo-Katergaris

MiLo-Katergaris Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is it possible to add back damage bonues to skills? I was hoping for a backstab skill but the documentation says the bonus can only be applied to actors, equipment and states.

14. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, it works on skills. I was playtesting a skill with 50%, and then decided to go 500%, there is a big difference. just put in the skill notetag like you would a state.

<letbs>
    back_dmg_bonus: 50%
    </letbs>

15. MiLo-Katergaris

MiLo-Katergaris Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks so much chengsta!

16. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Anyone know how to make enemy ai flee from a character if that character has a certain state? aka if my character has immortality, is it possible to make the ai run away if it sees that state?

17. pulsusego

pulsusego Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm glad! Like I said, I know hearing back from the community is really important to content makers of.. well, any kind, really. So yeah, cheers. :)
    As for helping me with my work, don't worry about it at all! I've slowed down significantly since I realized I might have to redo a number of things anyway when the new version rolls out, so it's no problem. I'll tackle those obstacles come the release, and maybe have more to show for all the work lol. Keep up the good work LeCode, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you've come up with! ^_^

18. SKBrook

SKBrook Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey there, I just got this plugin and have no idea how to use it whatsoever, if anyone could link me tutorials on how to use it, that'd be great. I have the Documentation File, but I have no idea how to get into the Config File, any help would be appreciated.

19. chengsta

chengsta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    to get into the config file, just use notepad. But to be able to be able to look into it and edit it easier, look for a free js file opener

20. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    pt-br
    Idk if i asked it, but it will have a height system? Like from fft, where height affect lots of things

Screenshot_2019-05-01-23-13-33-352_com.android.chrome.png