Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is it possible at all to remove the whole set-up for the battle? as in, instead of putting up actor and enemy cells, just making the battle work with events (enemies) and keeping the party position as it was before the battle started?
Not really. From a technological standpoint, the battle is still taking place in a different "battle scene", so it actually has to re-fetch the current map's data (as if you had just been transported to the map fresh) to use when building things like the actual display map, the tile passibilities, and where to place characters.

The best I've found is just pre-placing all the combatants based on where they should be at the start of the fight.

MiLo-Katergaris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know how I would go about changing the individual scope square sizes? I'm using a plugin to change the tile sizes and while it seems to be working with LeTBS, the colored squares for move, action, and placing troops are still keeping their larger size.

I found the scopes section in the LeTBS.js and changed the "width and height of cells" from 46 to 30, but for some reason changing that didnt seem to have any effect.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know how I would go about changing the individual scope square sizes? I'm using a plugin to change the tile sizes and while it seems to be working with LeTBS, the colored squares for move, action, and placing troops are still keeping their larger size.

I found the scopes section in the LeTBS.js and changed the "width and height of cells" from 46 to 30, but for some reason changing that didnt seem to have any effect.
It's built to work on 48x48, so I don't think it's compatible with plugins that change tile size. The plugin param adjusts the size of the squares it shows, like if you want the color swatch to be smaller to have some space between tiles.

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know how I can add "scope_options: include_center" to the use items command? I find it strange characters can't use items on themselves.

MiLo-Katergaris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's built to work on 48x48, so I don't think it's compatible with plugins that change tile size. The plugin param adjusts the size of the squares it shows, like if you want the color swatch to be smaller to have some space between tiles.
What? Of course the scope size can be changed. Lecode has defined scopes as being x and y somewhere in the code and with the right changes it can be made to fit any size. The base game is made with 48×48 and lots of people have made plugins to change that. While it may be out of my wheelhouse to change the scope size, I at least want to give it a try.

As for not being compatable, so far the plugin has been working fine except for the fact that it looks weird because the 'scopes' are too big. I was just hoping someone knew where the size of the individual scope squares were defined in the code.

Does anyone know how I can add "scope_options: include_center" to the use items command? I find it strange characters can't use items on themselves.

I just tested it. You can change the scopes of items just like skills. Just add "scope_options: include_center" like you would for a skill and you can use items on the user.

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, the individual squares are addressed by the plugin params:
upload_2019-5-11_19-55-2.png

I've been dealing with a lot of weird hard-coded 48x48 code, so I might have misunderstood the original question.

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What? Of course the scope size can be changed. Lecode has defined scopes as being x and y somewhere in the code and with the right changes it can be made to fit any size. The base game is made with 48×48 and lots of people have made plugins to change that. While it may be out of my wheelhouse to change the scope size, I at least want to give it a try.

As for not being compatable, so far the plugin has been working fine except for the fact that it looks weird because the 'scopes' are too big. I was just hoping someone knew where the size of the individual scope squares were defined in the code.

I just tested it. You can change the scopes of items just like skills. Just add "scope_options: include_center" like you would for a skill and you can use items on the user.

Works great! Thanks!

MiLo-Katergaris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, the individual squares are addressed by the plugin params:
View attachment 115456

I've been dealing with a lot of weird hard-coded 48x48 code, so I might have misunderstood the original question.
Thanks so much! That worked perfectly! I was working too hard trying to look into the code itself. I should have known Lecode would put an easy plugin parameter!

Works great! Thanks!
No problem!

ander95

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I have a problem here. I think it still has a compatibility issue with the Yanfly's Battle Engine Core, you can take a look at the picture.

bug.png

Any advice would be appreciate. Thanks

EDIT: Never mind , I just downloaded the previous version by an accident, after that I downloaded the demo and the problem is solved.

Last edited:

MiLo-Katergaris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know how to define a missed skill in the sequences? I'm trying to create a skill that effects the user if the attack misses. So far I've managed to work this out so that it works

"risky_skill": [
"call: pre-skill",
"effects: {aoe}_battlers, current_obj, obj_anim",
"if: is Hit ('{aoe}_battlers')",
"effects: user, current_obj, obj_anim",
"end_if",
"call: post-skill",
],

I managed to cobble this together from the other examples in the demo since I have pretty much no js experience. However, I would like to change the "i****" to something like "isMiss". My guesses have failed and what I found with a google search wasn't working.

chengsta

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Holy cow this is really bugging me. It was bought to my attention earlier, but it seems like directional damage bonuses notetags don't work. Adding this to the states doesn't work:
<letbs>
back_dmg_bonus: 2000%
</letbs>

or
<letbs>
back_dmg_bonus: 2000
</letbs>

or
<letbs>
back_dmg_bonus: +2000%
</letbs>

or
<letbs>
back_dmg_bonus: +2000
</letbs>

could there be some kind of typo preventing this from happening? Like how if you want to add move points to state, you gotta do this:
<letbs>
move_points+: +4
</letbs>
(whereas the documents don't have the extra "+" sign before the ":")
anyway, i would like some help getting it to work.

Sunder

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
FR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,
First of all, thanks a lot Lecode for this wonderful plugin. I can't wait for 0.8 ! :D

I'm currently trying to have a game where you can use multiple skills as long as you have MP (Dofus-like).
I set one_time_offense to false, and it works great for my party, but enemies seem to only use one skill each turn.

I've looked at the code and guessed from what I understood that I should change the config file :
Lecode.S_TBS.Config.AI = {

"default": [
"process_behaviors",
"call_behavior: end_of_turn"
],
}
I'm guessing that it tells the AI to do one action, then end its turn. Am I wrong here ? If not, how should I tell it to loop the "process_behaviors" function while there are some MP left ?

Thanks in advance.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Holy cow this is really bugging me. It was bought to my attention earlier, but it seems like directional damage bonuses notetags don't work. Adding this to the states doesn't work:
<letbs>
back_dmg_bonus: 2000%
</letbs>

or
<letbs>
back_dmg_bonus: 2000
</letbs>

or
<letbs>
back_dmg_bonus: +2000%
</letbs>

or
<letbs>
back_dmg_bonus: +2000
</letbs>

could there be some kind of typo preventing this from happening? Like how if you want to add move points to state, you gotta do this:
<letbs>
move_points+: +4
</letbs>
(whereas the documents don't have the extra "+" sign before the ":")
anyway, i would like some help getting it to work.
It's more like the code to read the directional damage values off notetags doesn't actually happen.

For an overview of the technicals: older versions used a lot of slightly complex code to read every tag individually. Newer versions use a streamlined generic code that can get everything without special handling. Some of the more unusual properties aren't set up for the new style, but the old style is already disabled.

I've been tooling around with a fix but ultimately I just ended up doing things manually via that plugin I posted before that lets you check what direction you were hit from.

chengsta

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh thanks for that plugin and tip. I hope it gets fixed in the upcoming update. the less plugins the better. But anyway, there isn't much instructions on how to do a 'back weakness' state, or 'front damage reduction' state. can you please give me an example notetag? Thanks again.

Psychronic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a quick question. I've noticed that in LETBS, if you try to attack an empty square or accidentally make item/attack hit the wrong square, it just does nothing and takes up a turn.

Is there any way to make it so that if you haven't actually selected a target it just makes a buzz sound and doesn't let you select a square unless it's a square with a target in it.

MiLo-Katergaris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a quick question. I've noticed that in LETBS, if you try to attack an empty square or accidentally make item/attack hit the wrong square, it just does nothing and takes up a turn.

Is there any way to make it so that if you haven't actually selected a target it just makes a buzz sound and doesn't let you select a square unless it's a square with a target in it.
Depending on how you have your skills set up you can probably do this with scope restrictions.

"Scope Restrictions

It's possible to restrict a scope to only target some battlers. Use the tag scope_select: type, where type can be:

allies : Only allies in the scope are selectable.
enemies : Only enemies in the scope are selectable.
flaggedEntity(ID) : Only the flagged entity can be selected.
actorId(ID) : Only the designated actor can be selected.
enemyId(ID) : Only the designated enemy can be selected.
summons : Only summons can be selected.
own_summons : Only the caster's summons can be selected.
enemy_summons : Only enemy summons can be selected."

This will make it so that you can only select valid targets, the rest of the scope will be 'grayed out'. This might not work the best for some area attacks.

Sunder

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
FR
Primarily Uses
RMMV

MiLo-Katergaris answered properly, but if you need more information on scopes, you can find it on LeTBS documentation (https://lecodemv.github.io/leTBS/old/scopes_and_aoes.html).

Also, if you want a spell that can hit both allies and enemies, but not the empty cells, let me know, I can give it a try.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sunder that's just a "Scope Restriction: Allies,Enemies" tag. You can combine multiple restrictions at will, and it will allow you to select any of them.

Sunder

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
FR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woh, thanks Doktor_Q, I didn't think you could do it with the scope restriction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just noticed the minigame challenge. Now considering...
My project just started lagging during battletest and I haven't been able to figure out why...
Oh, Google is now warning users against installing extensions on Edge Chromium
on my plate today- animation.
"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neko2554