Lecode Tactical Battle System 0.77.2B

cmcorbin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone. Got a quick question. I am trying to get an enemy to use a skill on an actor at a specific point in the fight. I am not exactly sure how I am supposed to type out the force action command. I really just need the syntax of what that is supposed to look like. Thanks in advance

chengsta

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
force action doesn't seem to be working in lecode atm.

KorvasTerindar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm getting some weird issues with this thing. I downloaded the files, created a new game and copied them over to test it's functionality and now I'm getting odd errors. Like, when I try to summon a wind spirit, I get an error, when I kill a bandit, I get an error, and neither the options or goods things in the opening area do anything. Am I missing something?

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm getting some weird issues with this thing. I downloaded the files, created a new game and copied them over to test it's functionality and now I'm getting odd errors. Like, when I try to summon a wind spirit, I get an error, when I kill a bandit, I get an error, and neither the options or goods things in the opening area do anything. Am I missing something?
1) did you download the demo from the first post, or the one posted later in the thread? The one in the first post doesn't really work.
2) Did you copy the files from the demo into a new project? There's a decent chance you missed something in the setup somewhere. It's best to literally start with the demo project and modify it as you go.

There's also a handful of crashes in the proper demo, just because the plugin isn't done yet, but the basic scenario in the demo should work.

KorvasTerindar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1) did you download the demo from the first post, or the one posted later in the thread? The one in the first post doesn't really work.
2) Did you copy the files from the demo into a new project? There's a decent chance you missed something in the setup somewhere. It's best to literally start with the demo project and modify it as you go.

There's also a handful of crashes in the proper demo, just because the plugin isn't done yet, but the basic scenario in the demo should work.
I downloaded it from his *******, which I got to from the links on the first post. There is a second post?

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I downloaded it from his *******, which I got to from the links on the first post. There is a second post?
I haven't checked his ******* at all, but there should be a link in the thread to a demo that's more recent and more stable. Lecode has been mainly working on the 0.8 version, so a lot of the official demos and documents are a bit out of date.

KorvasTerindar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I haven't checked his ******* at all, but there should be a link in the thread to a demo that's more recent and more stable. Lecode has been mainly working on the 0.8 version, so a lot of the official demos and documents are a bit out of date.
What page is the new release on?

pulsusego

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so here's a question that I can't sort out on my own. I'm trying to avoid worrying about code too much, but I'm stumped on this and it's a pretty important aspect of my little demo project.

I know it's possible to change a character's sprite through eventing, specifically when you equip different armors. And while it's a pain to do that when you have a load of different armors and many different characters, at least it's doable.
I know (with the help of Yanfly's plugins..) it's also possible to change the graphic when you change class (or sub-class).

But the problem is I don't just want to change the basic graphic, I want to change the <letbs_sprite> note tags (pose(idle): _idle, 4 -- pose(move): _move, 4 -- pose(dead): _dead, 1 -- etc.) I'm trying to find a way to either alter LeCode's code in LeTBS_RTPUse so that it checks class (or preferably subclass but given it's a different plugin altogether that seems a bit too much of a stretch to ask for) instead.

Or better yet, I'd love a way to replace (for example) "pose(idle): goodguyspritesarmortypeA, 3" with "pose(idle): goodguyspritesarmortypeB, 3" and I have no idea how to go about that. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of flexibility with changing the sprites mid-game without changing the name of the characters/actors, but I don't want to change their name.

I could maybe use common events to change their nickname [based on the the equipment they use] if I could base LeCode's sprite selection off of that instead of the primary name somehow, but idk if that's possible either.

For what it's worth, I realize I could just change the character sprite and use that in fights instead of worrying about the pose(idle/move/dead/etc.) sprites, but with how my unit sprites work (they're greatly varying sizes) the animations for attacks might be awkwardly misplaced sometimes, and units firing guns and such would have a hard time having nice-looking barrel fumes/exhaust from firing their weapons. :/ Idk, maybe I'm overthinking it. Still, if anybody's got any ideas I would definitely appreciate the help! Thanks a bunch! <3

chengsta

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is a state that changes their sprite name. That's how I make mine transform into objects and stuff in battle. I'd just make new sprites and then put a state that refers to those sprites on the equipment or whatever.
for example, in the state note tag, I put in this:
<letbs>
sprite_name: Dragon
</letbs>
now if you have a sprite named Dragon, it will now refer to that sprite for all of its poses whenever that character gets the state. You can do that for class changes or maybe adding some gear. But I don't know how its gonna work with multiple states that refer to different sprites.

pulsusego

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[Super helpful stuff]
That is awesome! Thank you so much for that I never would have realized that was an option, even looking through the scripts I hadn't noticed anything about that (not that I can really understand like 80% of it but still). Thanks again! You're awesome! :)

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can anyone tell me if the demo on the first page is the most recent? I mean this one:
upload_2019-6-24_16-11-55.png
I know that it's been said that he posted a more recent demo in this threat but I checked all his posts and this still seems to be the most recent.....

It's just that I'm still getting errors with some skills (so far I found with "Mega Sparkle", "Ice Wall" and "Ice Prison"), where I get a message that the battler has no sprite configuration. Also, I could swear I had the Lava Cave map working in some demo, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Leon_Artmann The demo is posted by @Chaosicaa not Lecode. Lecode doesn't post very often, so the first post is quite a bit out of date.
Thanks! I downloaded again from the link Chaosicaa posted in page 95 ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/du45ml08yybqulf/LeTBS_0772B.rar?dl=0 ) but I think it's the same demo (nothing in the lava cave), so I'm still getting the "battler has no sprite configuration" in those skills. Is it really just a sprite missing? I tried to put something else and name it "ice wall" in img\leTBS\Battlers but still same error

EDIT: By "nothing in the lava cave" I mean that there is no battle set up there, and the conversation in the Headquarters map doesn't lead there anyhow

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! I downloaded again from the link Chaosicaa posted in page 95 ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/du45ml08yybqulf/LeTBS_0772B.rar?dl=0 ) but I think it's the same demo (nothing in the lava cave), so I'm still getting the "battler has no sprite configuration" in those skills. Is it really just a sprite missing? I tried to put something else and name it "ice wall" in img\leTBS\Battlers but still same error

EDIT: By "nothing in the lava cave" I mean that there is no battle set up there, and the conversation in the Headquarters map doesn't lead there anyhow
I've never seen a demo that had the lava cave actually populated, and the Ice Wall enemy that gets summoned doesn't have a sprite setup- it's "supposed" to use body animation instead of a sprite, but that's not actually supported by the engine. There's a couple skills like that even in the most recent demo, like how the auto potion counter setup isn't implemented by default.

A lot of this is because the plugin isn't 1.0 yet, I'd imagine that 0.8 will be a bit better, though.

Zahirovx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everybody ^^

I'm new using this plugin and I really want to use it because is wonderful (thanks Lecode :3) but I have a little question... How can I make a fusion skill? (Dragon ball z style) I want two (or more) actors fuse when they'll be side to side but I don't know how make that, maybe with a common event, but could you help me with a little orientation? In my game this is a very Important system for the story :c

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've never seen a demo that had the lava cave actually populated, and the Ice Wall enemy that gets summoned doesn't have a sprite setup- it's "supposed" to use body animation instead of a sprite, but that's not actually supported by the engine. There's a couple skills like that even in the most recent demo, like how the auto potion counter setup isn't implemented by default.

A lot of this is because the plugin isn't 1.0 yet, I'd imagine that 0.8 will be a bit better, though.
Aw man, I could swear that I've seen the lava cave populated in some demo, maybe it's just too much time looking at a computer screen. Thanks for always helping out!

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello.
I have an update today.
LeTBS 0.8 release blog #1

Things will go really fast from now on that I finished working on the internals (FINALLY) and it is summer. I'll be back in 3-4 days with another update. I know my estimations are never 100% accurate but I don't know how that'd be possible not to release 0.8 this summer with all the free time I have now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So in my stream for the No Travel Game Jam, I mentioned we were going to do a teaching make a game from beginning to end series of streams, but it had to wait on an announcement I couldn't make yet before I could start... Keep your eyes on our twitter tonight.
Surprise extra Text Adventure session! Feel free to drop by!
I just started parallax mapping. Better results for sure, but a lot more time consuming. It's more fun than I thought though.
After a bit of away time due to virus and friends in crisis (friends get priority!) I think things have calmed enough for me to try to resume my activity everywhere. :kaoluv:(I still been working on projects though!)
After watching 'Whisper Of The Heart' I've got the song 'Country roads' stuck in my head.
Don't mind it so much as that I was singing today at my Church. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starshot90