Lecode Tactical Battle System 0.77.2B

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Lecode, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Pharonix

Pharonix Shadow Walker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was working with them for a bit on that.
    They even sent me their project file, but I still wasn't able to replicate it.
    I even used 1.5.2(the version I use) and the most up-to-date version.

2. Danielcross

Danielcross Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I actually contacted them to work together to find a fix. The strange thing is that i cant get the bug no matter how hard i try, and only a small number of playtesters get it.

We have isolated it to line 950 in letbs.js, which covers vertical position (which sprite is in front). I have gone and removed one of the lines to make:

Spriteset_BattleTBS.prototype.compareEntitiesOrder = function (a, b) {

if (a._entity.getCell().y > b._entity.getCell().y) return 1;
    return 0;
    };

It seems to work fine but i cant see if it fixes the bug or not.

3. Sacrifyx

Sacrifyx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    So I figured out a little bit about my issue. My enemies were set up to use battlers instead of char sheets. The 2 that the fight started with were fine, but for some reason the mid-battle spawns just weren't having it. It works fine when I set them to use char sheets instead, and that brings me to a new question - is there a way to make the battle animations rotate based on character or enemy facing? For instance, I currently have 2 animations setup. They work great left to right. Right to left causes some visible distortions in the animation and top to bottom or vice versa, the usual L>R animation plays but kind of moves downward a bit with each frame. Using the single projectile graphic works fine, but it'll be difficult to represent some of my planned weapons using a single graphic.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  4. Doktor_Q

Doktor_Q I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Sacrifyx unfortunately, the only option for rotating animations is the "play directional animation" option, where you specify 4 animations, one for each direction. You can see it in use in the demo for the charging attack.

Otherwise, projectiles can rotate their sprites based on the projectile settings

5. MiLo-Katergaris

MiLo-Katergaris Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I've got a question that I hope you all can help me with. I have flying characters and I want them to be able to fly over other characters/enemies. The 'passable' tag, however, only works to let other characters pass through them.

Is there any way to allow them to move similar to the 'through_obstacles' option for skills?

6. MetalKing11417

MetalKing11417 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think that, along with multi square units is supposed to appear next Update.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  7. MiLo-Katergaris

MiLo-Katergaris Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks so much!

8. TheWorldOfCM

TheWorldOfCM Villager Member

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ~Skills Request For LeTBS~

Good morning/evening to everyone. This is a bit long request. I promise to donate some cash that I can to Lecode and his amazing plugin when my game is finish. I'm trying to execute these skills but I hope anyone can teach me how to implement these skills. I will greatly appreciate it and I will credit you properly in the game.

~~~

(1) Summon Requirement

Info: Ally A must be summoned in the battle field first before the player can summon Ally B. Same goes to Enemies.

(2) Skill Requirement

Info: Similar to Summon Requirement but instead of summoning the player must cast Skill A first to be able to cast Skill B.

(3) Transform Skill

Info: Using this skill to target, it will transform into something else (different actor or enemy). The affected target will return to the original form for an x amount of turns. A Boss enemy cannot be affected by this skill.

(4) Cooperative Skill

Info: Ally A and Ally B must be near from each other to execute this skill. They must be in the battle field together. Enemies can use this kind of skill too.

(5) Combo Skill

Info: If this skill is cast to a target, a combo skill of that target will be activated if he has such combo else it will do nothing.

(6) Reverse Effect Skill

Info: If an ally uses this skill to himself and when an enemy attacks him, the ally will be healed instead and the enemy will get the HP damage. It will last for an x amount of turns.

(7) Bomb Explode When Hit Skill

Info: When an ally or enemy throws a bomb skill, that bomb will stay in a particular area and it will only explode when hit or touch by anyone.

(8) Self Sabotage Skill

Info: If the player damage himself using this skill, a hidden skill will activate and can be use for x amount of turns if there's a hidden skill else it can do nothing.

(9) Mirror/Reflection Skill

Info: Using this skill you can duplicate an ally or enemy for an x amount of turns. The duplicate will gone after the specified turns. Their HP will also divide in half based on the user's HP. Cannot be use to Boss.

Ex. If the user of the skill has 60 HP, the duplicate will have a 30 HP and the user will also have 30 HP.

(10) Share Divide Skill

Info: using this skill to ally, Ally A and Ally B will have the same HP. The target will copy the HP of the user.

Ex. If the user of the skill has 35 HP but the target has 20 HP, the target now has 35 HP same.

(11) Steal Skill

Info: Using this skill, an ally or enemy can steal a skill from the target randomly. Now, the stolen skill will be disabled or hidden and it cannot be used for x amount of turns.

Ex. If the user of the skill stole "Fire Punch" from the target that has that skill, the target cannot use Fire Punch for 3 turns but the user now has Fire Punch skill.

Fire Punch skill will be enabled and can be used again by the target after the specified turns.

(12) Confusion Skill

Info: If the user of this skill uses it to a target, that target will attack anyone (ally or enemy) near him. It will last for x amount of turns.

(13) Teleport User or Target Skill

Info: If the user uses this skill to himself or to a target, he or that target will be teleported to a desired location within the range or scope of that skill.

(14) Immune Target Skill

Info: If the user uses this skill to himself or to a target, he or that target will be immune to poison or fire or any effects.

(15) Negate Mark Attack Skill

Info: If an ally or enemy stepped inside this mark skill, the attack will negate and goes back to the attacker. Meaning the attack will return to the caster.

(16) Stop Movement Mark Skill

Info: When an ally stepped inside this mark, he will stop on moving or his movement points will become 0 for an x amount of turns, in short he cannot move. He can move after the specified turns.

(17) Cheer Up! Skill

Info: Using this skill to target, that target will increase its attack (or any parameters) for x amount of turns.

~~~

Those are the skills that I can think of right now that I want to implement in my game. Even though I am requesting these, I'm also trying to make it work but hope you can help me.

Right now the skills that I managed to make are:
    -Drain Blood
    -Wild Steps
    -Uproar
    -Root Trap
    -Wooden Wall
    -Wild Smash
    -Fathal Shot

These are just basic skills that I studied with the demo.

I hope Lecode can help or anyone that has more advance knowledge in JavaScript using LeTBS. Thank you so much.

[​IMG]
    Here's a screenshot of my project using LeTBS ~ Naya Tactics.

~cm

9. Pharonix

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Some of thise can be done using yanfly skill core and whatnot

I had to personally mod files for steal and confusion to work

Cheer up is a normal atk up skill

Teleport is in the LeTBS demo i believe, just alter the selection scope to allow a range
    For scope options, use ,exclude_enemies,include_allies
    I believe thats right.

Immune target: create a skill that inflicts a state
    Give that state parameters that negate fire/poison etc

Share divide i believe can be done in yanfly
    Something like
    Target.hp=user.hp
    Inside the appropriate tags

The requirement skills ones
    You can use yanfly skill core to use the hide skill eval to determine if a user is in battle, otherwise hide it

Combo skill
    Ive done 9nes where it hits then zaps them
    Using the letbs sequences
    What you can do is
    C9mbine with yanfly
    Make 3 skills
    Skill a
    Skill a-2
    Skill b
    First skill a is the "base"
    Use yanfly to use the hide_if_learned: skill a-2
    Then learn skill a
    Then when its time to learn skill a-2 learn i lt with b, then the original skill a is lost but now you have the one that calls the combo sequence

Theres more i can add, but no computer this weekend

10. Sacrifyx

Sacrifyx Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I'm back with another problem! Minor issue here, I've built what I have off the demo, so in the first battle after the enemy and ally spawns, the camera doesn't pan back up to my character. It gets most of the way, but most of the menu is cut off. If I just select something on the menu, the camera will move all the way back as it should. How do I make the camera snap back to the main character after the dialogue/before the rest of the battle proceeds?

Minor edit: Also, how can I remove dead enemies/actors from the battlefield? I have the dead pose set to a blank, so there's no visible enemy once it's dead, but the space it occupied is impassable. I swear I saw an option for it somewhere but can't find it now.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  11. staf00

staf00 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So is there an eta for when v0.8 will be released?...I feel like its been years lol.

12. UniqueName

UniqueName Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    dayum guys thats a serious issue
    if only a small percentage of players can get this error it means that some players will face this bug not only in my or whoever has this issue but in anyone's game
    like anyone who has this issue in their game will also have this issue in any other game
    we have to contact and convince the Lecode himself to solve it
    since he knows his own code better than anyone he's probably the only one who can fix it

13. Pharonix

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @UniqueName

I was finally able to look at a few things

One thing I CAN say is that in your line 949,
    you have:
    if (a._entity.getCell().y < b._entity.getCell().y) return -1;
    if (a._entity.getCell().y > b._entity.getCell().y) return 1;
    return 0;
    };

Whereas mine is

if (a.y < b.y) return -1;
    if (a.y > b.y) return 1;
    return 0;
    };

Not sure if this'll fix your error, but try it out

My code has been this way for a while now and I've never had your issue, if this line is giving you trouble, then try this, if it doesn't work, we'll move on to the next possibility

Danielcross likes this.
  14. UniqueName

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    They appear on a left up corner instead of throwing the error =\
    dude can you give me your version of LeTBS.js?

Danielcross likes this.
  15. Pharonix

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I could but I cannot guarantee it'll work
    Its heavily modded so ill need to check hiw entangled woth other scripts it is

16. Utopiablue

Utopiablue Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    @UniqueName
    I noticed this problem a long time ago. At the positioning phase, right after you place your first battler, if you place your second battler at any other cell other than the one that was automatically selected, it will cause your third battler to spawn at the top corner of the screen. It has something to do with character indexing.

All I had to do was go to line 2330 of LeTBS.js (version .76b) or line 2523 (version .77.1) for the function BattleManagerTBS.getNextActorPositioningCell.
    Go to line 2334 (version .76b) or 2527 (version .77.1) where it says:

if (currentIndex === -1) {
    return this.allyStartCells()[0];
    }

DELETE THIS.

That should fix it.
    P.S. I would recommend that you should change Spriteset back to where it was.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    UniqueName and Danielcross like this.
  17. Danielcross

Danielcross Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks everyone,

I have applied Pharonix's code and replaced line 249's section. It appears to be working fine for me and I do not get the same error unique name is running into. My version of LeTBS is a slightly modified version of 0.77.2b, but my plugin list is huge with a number of plugins I made and ones I commissioned.

Since I do not run into the original error anyways, I will have to release a version to playtesters and see if any new bugs crop up. Thanks again everyone!

18. TheWorldOfCM

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Guys how to activate the combo skill between 2 party members?

19. TheWorldOfCM

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Also how to add dialogues between characters or enemies in the middle of a battle?

Last question...how to change the battle option from kill all enemies to just kill the Boss and victory to the party even though the minions are still alive?

Thank you for answering my questions. You're helping me so much.

20. UniqueName

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    OMG finally!!!
    TNX dude youre the Jesus of my project :rock-left::rock-right:
    I cant believe the bug that I spent so much time trying to fix had such simple solution

Utopiablue likes this.