Lecode Tactical Battle System 0.77.2B

staf00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
LeTBS, won't really support "seamless" transition.
unless you disable the battle transition (and even then its not completely 'seamless"

This is the closest I can get, and it involves rearranging all the actor and enemy placements with every single enemy you can touch.
And will never work with random battles unless you really finagle with the event placements.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gnqktadroh99f1/Two Worlds 2019-11-03 11-11-22.mp4?dl=0

View attachment 126497

in this map i use 4 ally cells and 6 enemy. and adding even 1 more of each adds like 4 additional commands.
I store them "off-screen" and move them when the enemy is touched.
It took a while to get these working correctly, but once you get a general idea, then it works fine.
View attachment 126498

The biggest issue is that since it is centered around the enemy touch, you need to make sure there's enough buffer that all the player cells are valid.
As such since my area is 2 behind, I had to add region barriers (a-la yanfly)
View attachment 126499

Took maybe a few hours getting it configured right lol.

An alternative is making regions and cutting the map into 1 battle map per region, and using the LeTBS_encounters to say,
if region 1 - use map xxx.
Gotcha, thank you for sharing. I don't intend to have random battles anyways so that part won't be an issue for me. In my game, most maps are cut into 25x15 tile pieces. So basically a dungeon or forest or w/e might be 75x45 for example, but cut into 9 (3x3) smaller 25x15 maps that link together, each w/ their own separate encounters and stuff. Also, from what we know so far of v0.8, do you think that will better support a "seamless" transition? Or no different from v0.77?

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@staf00 I doubt it will change much, since it's still using a separate battle scene. It might be a bit easier to update placements of units, at best.

staf00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@staf00 I'll second @Pharonix on this one- a big part of the issue is that LeTBS has a completely separate battle scene that just happens to load map data, with no connection to the fact that you're on said map.

I've had quite a bit of luck setting this up with SRPG Core though, since that one does the battles using the map scene instead of the battle scene. Of course, it has its own set of limitations and quirks.
Hmm, I just tried the SRPG Demo...I really don't like how it takes u to MV's battle scene w/ each and every attack. It really kills the flow of combat for me. I much prefer Lecode's TBS and how you get a damage popup above the target when u attack.

Sacrifyx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
So I added those notetags, but I'm still having a problem with the dead blocking my routes. The dead bodies aren't there, I just can't pass where they were. Since the first land battle takes place in a fairly confined space with a fairly large number of characters (8 player, 8 enemy), this causes serious navigation issues. In addition to that I also noticed the last kill doesn't get a death animation, they're hit, HP drops to 0 and the victory music plays.

TheWorldOfCM

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone knows how to make a combo skills between two characters? I'm searching for guide somewhere but no one can help. Hope someone can assist me. With Yanfly retiring, I hope Lecode will still continue this awesome plugin.

TheWorldOfCM

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whoever is helping me always here, I'll make you one of the cards in my game as a thank you. Lecode is already in my game. :)

staf00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So is it the norm for you guys to transfer to a new/different map when entering combat? Has anyone set their up to have combat initiate on the same map?

J-G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks awesome! Will the command replace still work here?

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So is it the norm for you guys to transfer to a new/different map when entering combat? Has anyone set their up to have combat initiate on the same map?
yeah, i have. See my prior video where I demonstrate it.

You either have to rearrange all the "positions" or you have to deal with all of them being in the same place.
The battle I have in that cave IS the battle map.
However, for actual random battles, and story battles, I prefer using "throwaway" maps so to speak.
I'll create maps that represent the regions of the map, and transfer to those during the random encounters.
Boss fights typically get sent to a clone of the actual map, with all other events removed (except necessary ones).

Looks awesome! Will the command replace still work here?
Do you mean the "enemy replace" command?

J-G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry I should have explain more. I mean the replace command for the attacks. Like when to reaches X amount, attack changes to something else.

staf00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yeah, i have. See my prior video where I demonstrate it.

You either have to rearrange all the "positions" or you have to deal with all of them being in the same place.
The battle I have in that cave IS the battle map.
However, for actual random battles, and story battles, I prefer using "throwaway" maps so to speak.
I'll create maps that represent the regions of the map, and transfer to those during the random encounters.
Boss fights typically get sent to a clone of the actual map, with all other events removed (except necessary ones).

Do you mean the "enemy replace" command?
Are you referring to the QTE video u uploaded on Dropbox? Sorry I'm having a hard time finding it.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you referring to the QTE video u uploaded on Dropbox? Sorry I'm having a hard time finding it.
This one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gnqktadroh99f1/Two Worlds 2019-11-03 11-11-22.mp4?dl=0

Ultimately looks like this in editor
upload_2019-11-6_18-0-0.png

The 10 events in top left get rearranged bases on which direction you face when you touch an enemy.

Event code (just a portion of it)
upload_2019-11-6_18-1-25.png

The BIGGEST issue with this however, is that if you have any events that have 1 page with a condition, you need to make sure the page 1 is blank with no conditions.

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
LeTBS, won't really support "seamless" transition.
unless you disable the battle transition (and even then its not completely 'seamless"

This is the closest I can get, and it involves rearranging all the actor and enemy placements with every single enemy you can touch.
And will never work with random battles unless you really finagle with the event placements.

View attachment 126497

in this map i use 4 ally cells and 6 enemy. and adding even 1 more of each adds like 4 additional commands.
I store them "off-screen" and move them when the enemy is touched.
It took a while to get these working correctly, but once you get a general idea, then it works fine.
View attachment 126498

The biggest issue is that since it is centered around the enemy touch, you need to make sure there's enough buffer that all the player cells are valid.
As such since my area is 2 behind, I had to add region barriers (a-la yanfly)
View attachment 126499

Took maybe a few hours getting it configured right lol.

An alternative is making regions and cutting the map into 1 battle map per region, and using the LeTBS_encounters to say,
if region 1 - use map xxx.
Where did you disable the transitions?

Sorry I should have explain more. I mean the replace command for the attacks. Like when to reaches X amount, attack changes to something else.
Like an old school limit break?

Last edited by a moderator:

staf00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This one:

Ultimately looks like this in editor
View attachment 126755

The 10 events in top left get rearranged bases on which direction you face when you touch an enemy.

Event code (just a portion of it)
View attachment 126756

The BIGGEST issue with this however, is that if you have any events that have 1 page with a condition, you need to make sure the page 1 is blank with no conditions.
Nice! That video pretty much sums up exactly what I was going for!

Edit: Would it be possible to use the same approach but have combat start by getting within a certain aggro radius of the monster instead of battle initiating from touching the monster? Basically, would your methodology be compatible w/ Yanfly's Event Proximity Activate, Event Region Trigger, Event Hitbox Resize and/or Region Events? (not sure which of these plugins would best serve my needs yet)

Last edited:

J-G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not quite, but I think I figured it out. Thank you

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice! That video pretty much sums up exactly what I was going for!

Edit: Would it be possible to use the same approach but have combat start by getting within a certain aggro radius of the monster instead of battle initiating from touching the monster? Basically, would your methodology be compatible w/ Yanfly's Event Proximity Activate, Event Region Trigger, Event Hitbox Resize and/or Region Events? (not sure which of these plugins would best serve my needs yet)
Should be compatible.
You would still need to move events, but it may even be easier, as you could always define a set location for the events, rather than mine which rearranges based on location and direction
As long as the event is triggered, i dont see any problems

staf00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah that makes sense. Btw, is there a reason u made its direction dependent?

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For that map, yes. Because the map was a "dark" map, and the light source was centered around the player,
unless the player was on top of the "battle area" all you could see was a dark screen due to the lack of light.

Only a couple of my small maps have on-screen ones that are direction based.
A few larger maps just move the battle events into a specific area

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.
now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Edit 2: The editor determines it and packs picture data for the engine....
Finished with the ground work for my class system, using Ellye's Class Change Equipment and Yanfly's Class Change Core plugins to implement an equip based subclass feature!
Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodeLoser