Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's just kinda
Not yet friend.
I haven't had much chance to look into it. I'll try to look into it during the new year.
If you could that'd be nice, I just don't get why/ how it throws random skills into the new window

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's just kinda

If you could that'd be nice, I just don't get why/ how it throws random skills into the new window
Edit: Ya know what, it lumps things together via type. So If your move is a Special and you hit escape, it will show you all other "special" moves don't know if you already knew this or not, I'm moving all my quick skills over to 'none' so at least this way the menu will be blank instead of skills.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: Ya know what, it lumps things together via type. So If your move is a Special and you hit escape, it will show you all other "special" moves don't know if you already knew this or not, I'm moving all my quick skills over to 'none' so at least this way the menu will be blank instead of skills.
I had a solution for this at one point, but it involved fairly widespread changes across several files. The basic issue is that, as you noticed, the quick skill is basically just auto-selecting that skill from the skill list, but doesn't have any way to tell whether you got there via skill menu or a quick option, so backing out has to go back to the skill type menu first.

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had a solution for this at one point, but it involved fairly widespread changes across several files. The basic issue is that, as you noticed, the quick skill is basically just auto-selecting that skill from the skill list, but doesn't have any way to tell whether you got there via skill menu or a quick option, so backing out has to go back to the skill type menu first.
Yeah, that's why I'm just listing all my quick menu items as skill type 'none' at least players will just get a blank menu, and thats nowhere as alarming as another menu of skill. :asrs:

Edit:

@Doktor_Q I also noticed required weapon types don't work on skills. I have a skill that has requires guns. was testing a new concept. and made this skill

1577073960169.png

But if I ran into battle I can still cast 'shoot'

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You just have to give them a real sprite. The animation-only sprite setting doesn't work in the released version of the plugin.
1577209884995.png

This is what I had for now.... I probably did it wrong somehow

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, that's why I'm just listing all my quick menu items as skill type 'none' at least players will just get a blank menu, and thats nowhere as alarming as another menu of skill. :asrs:
EDIT: IDK how i posted this last post....

Abbi_Normal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having a problem with the unaltered win conditions file. Whenever I try to test-run the game with it activated, it stops just before the title menu appears and says, "this.createindependantObjects is not a function". Here's my plugin order. Am I missing something? Any ideas?

lo.png

UniqueName

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Other
Hey guys
new version isnt out yet?

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Abbi_Normal You're using YEP_X_AttachAugments, which requires YEP_ItemCore, without actually having YEP_ItemCore installed.

Abbi_Normal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: Just figured it out, apparently when I was re-installing LTBS for an unrelated issue some time ago, I forgot to re-install the data folder. Hope it's OK if I leave the rest of this post up, so people who have made a similar oversight can find it in search.

@Doktor_Q
I actually do have it, it was just further up in the list out of the screenshot. I was trying to centre the LeTBS section. Here's the rest of the list for clarity, the first image is everything before LTBS, the second is everything after. (And the reason a bunch are still turned off is just because I haven't gotten to implementing those parts of the game yet).

So far I've been up and down the the plugin list deactivating and reactivating plugins one at a a time and re-testing, which is why I was looking at Win Conditions; when it's active I get the error. When it's not, I don't. I tried it a bunch of times (moving it around in the list, replacing the file with a freshly downloaded one, delete and re-add it to the plugin list, etc), and it was the same each time.

lo1.pnglo2.png

Last edited:

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Started working on an integration for battler sounds in battle. I fell in love with the Japanese Anime Female voice packs, so I want to see if I can even incorporate them first.
This will likely be my "Big" Contribution for 2020
Its something I've wanted to do for a while but I've just been busy and lost all enthusiasm for a while
(and no, I haven't forgotten about the escape battle function issues. Those are still weird).

What I'm really hoping to accomplish is, at the minimum

Sound / Example Sound and allow for different sounds based on health %
Turn Start Sounds: ("Here I go", "My Turn", etc).
Reaction Sounds for injury ("ugh", "oof", "ouch", etc)
Death Sounds ("I'm sorry everyone", "i can't go on", etc)
Attack Sounds and allow for different sound based on different criteria:
magic attack (cast sound)
physical attack (attack sound)
certain hit (which i use for powerful attacks)

Since all entities basically work similarly, the turn/react/death sounds seem easy to do.
the attack/casting sounds, seem a little tougher, but I'll figure them out.

I think I have the mystic voices sound pack somewhere, so i'll use that for testing.
I really want to be able to allow for multiple sound options, but I'm going to start with just 1 sound for each condition, then expand from there.

EDIT: As soon as I post this, I get a better idea on handling the sounds for attack, and it'll allow for easy customization of each character, and allow them to use a different sound for every skill (if so desired)
It's gonna be complex, and suck to make, but it'll be sooooooo satisfying to do.

I'll post more when I have an outline.

Last edited:

UniqueName

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Other
Hey guys I want to do some kind of random map generator
there are some plugins but theyre incompatible with LeTBS
so is there any way?
P.S. Happy New Year everyone :kaojoy:

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys I want to do some kind of random map generator
there are some plugins but theyre incompatible with LeTBS
so is there any way?
P.S. Happy New Year everyone :kaojoy:
The map generators would need to do these at the least

generate events (with the proper letbs tags)
have readable map data

The problem I believe is that LeTBS uses the actual map data.

If you found a map generator that could generate actual downloadable maps, you could rename them to map1901.json, map1902.json, etc.
Alternatively, create a new project with your resources, and make a bunch of maps, and do the renaming as well.

I will likely exceep 999 maps eventually, so to get around that, i will be duplicating my project, and making a new set of maps starting at 1, then i will increment them by 1000.
MV does not prevent maps above 999, but rather prevents maps above 999 from being accessed by the editor.
You can still transfer to these via scripts and the transfer to map by id event commands.
so in theory, LeTBS should still support over-999 mapID's.,

UniqueName

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Other
The map generators would need to do these at the least

generate events (with the proper letbs tags)
have readable map data

The problem I believe is that LeTBS uses the actual map data.

If you found a map generator that could generate actual downloadable maps, you could rename them to map1901.json, map1902.json, etc.
Alternatively, create a new project with your resources, and make a bunch of maps, and do the renaming as well.

I will likely exceep 999 maps eventually, so to get around that, i will be duplicating my project, and making a new set of maps starting at 1, then i will increment them by 1000.
MV does not prevent maps above 999, but rather prevents maps above 999 from being accessed by the editor.
You can still transfer to these via scripts and the transfer to map by id event commands.
so in theory, LeTBS should still support over-999 mapID's.,
So you suggest to make a lot of maps and at the starts of battle tp player to random one of them?
I had that idea but im not sure if i can make so many maps

chengsta

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what happened to lecode, anyone know? I just stopped my p4tre0n contribution to him because he hasn't been answering since well....his last post over a half year ago. edit: Weird how that word is banned.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure, he hasn't actually logged into the forums since July.
I hope the guy is alright.

I will definitely continue using this system, I'' keep adding my own features.
I haven't been too active myself, but I promise I'll try my best to help answer any questions/help solve any issues.

0.8 was going to be a pretty big overhaul too, not that I was going to use it due to.... a LOT of changes.
This next week is going to be busy yet again (we got contractors coming in and out). but I hope to start work on my sound system soon. Unless easier feature ideas come up lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Broke: Dont move. -boring. -passive. -uncreative. Woke: Bewegen Sie Nicht! +authoritative. +foreign. +reminds your son that he's a garden gnome now.
My girlfriend left a note on the fridge saying 'This isn't working, goodbye.' I opened the refrigerator and it works just fine. Weird.
BCj
Could someone translate something from Japanese to English for me?
You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertykillme