Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can exclude entities from aoe's.

just put -(X)

{aoe}_battlers -user //Select all battlers in the action AoE except the user.
3_battlers_in_{aoe} -{circle(2)}_battlers //Select 3 random battlers in the aoe expcept those in the scope circle(2)

The documentation is really helpful. Kudos to whoever made it.
Just a tad confused. Does that go in the note tag or the AOE info?

Vaslow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you working from notetags or from the LETBS.config?

I'm not sure what you mean by AOE info. I can tell you that it should go into your specific sequence in the LETBS.config file.

It is possible to have sequences run in the notetags. The Bomb skill for the fire_chicken summon in the demo uses sequences this way but for more complex sequences it's best to work from the config.

Using -user isn't really necessary unless you have a skill that needs to effect EVERYONE but the user.

Vaslow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Extra turn doesn't seem to be working in states or classes though the documentation says it should work in states. Edit: Still the case.

But I found a workaround.

Create a skill that has extra_turn: 100% in the letbs note tag.

In your sequence place: "effects: user, skill(X), 5", //X being the ID of skill that has the extra turn effect.

Preferably towards the end of the sequence.

The user will now get an extra turn after they finish the skill. The issue is that enemies that you attacked on your turn will also get an extra turn when it's their go and I still haven't figured out why.

At least knowing how to have different effects happen will let me create extensive skills that deal different kinds of damage.

Last edited:

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys. Total newbie here.

Few questions I've searched for but have not yet found an answer to:

1. Battle does not end if friendly NPCs are on the map, even if all PCs are killed. This can very easily lead to softlocks -- especially if you have victory conditions other than "kill everything". Any way to fix?

2. Did anyone ever figure out a way to allow certain enemies to move through regions that normally disallow movement (region 249/250)?

3. Status ailments such as stun/sleep appear to be broken. The afflicted person's turn gets skipped entirely in the turn order, so the effect never wears off. Any fix?

Last edited:

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, I tried giving a bat a "fly" ability which is essentially a jump attack with a huge range that does a small amount of AOE wind damage all around the user. I then tagged it as an offensive ability so that the AI would use it to offensively traverse the map. Other than that it's a copy+paste of flash jump.

Issue is that whenever a bat uses it, I get a crash.

"Cannot read property 'length' of undefined"

If I put the same ability on a PC, it works perfectly.

Edit: Aha! I figured out what is going on.
The AI is targeting the square I am on which is causing it to error out when it tries to show the animation. Of course, the ability is set up to not allow targetting of an occupied square, so this is definitely a bug.

I changed the AI to use it as a movement ability and this is no longer an issue.

Last edited:

Vaslow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys. Total newbie here.

Few questions I've searched for but have not yet found an answer to:

1. Battle does not end if friendly NPCs are on the map, even if all PCs are killed. This can very easily lead to softlocks -- especially if you have victory conditions other than "kill everything". Any way to fix?

2. Did anyone ever figure out a way to allow certain enemies to move through regions that normally disallow movement (region 249/250)?

3. Status ailments such as stun/sleep appear to be broken. The afflicted person's turn gets skipped entirely in the turn order, so the effect never wears off. Any fix?
1. I've never had this issue. It may be that the current version of LETBS doesn't work well with the latest version of RPG MV but that's just a theory. Try downloading the demo and building your project from there.

2. As far as I know there is no way to make enemies pass through obstacles. Your best choice is to make a teleportation skill that imitates movement.

3. This plugin is unfinished and doesn't seem to work properly with states. I've had issues getting even non-stun/sleep states

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Vaslow
1. The demo was actually where I noticed the issue. On the "defeat the bandits" mission I got to the point where friendly guard NPCs joined the fight and then allowed myself to be killed. The fight continued, the guards killed the last bandit, and the fight continued with it cycling between the two guard's turns endlessly since there was nobody left to open the chests -- the other victory condition.

2. Copy that, that's what I ended up doing. Danke.

3. Understood. I'll see which states do and don't work.

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For those who are interested, states all appear to work as far as getting added/removed as long as you set the "Auto-removal timing" on the state to "End Turn" rather than "End Action".

Tested blind, silence, sleep, rage, etc.

End Action auto-removal does not work, and any state set with it is effectively permanent.

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone know of any easy way to enable/disable events with the <Actor Cell> notetag?
I am curious as to whether it might be possible to set several different zones in a single area for placing party members, with only one zone getting enabled depending on how/where the encounter was initiated.

I am told that modifying the note field using a script call would be a bad idea since it would likely transfer across saves, and the plugin may likely only look at those tags when the game is started.

Vaslow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is strange. In my own battle where I have NPC then the battle ends when the enemies are defeated.
For those who are interested, states all appear to work as far as getting added/removed as long as you set the "Auto-removal timing" on the state to "End Turn" rather than "End Action".

Tested blind, silence, sleep, rage, etc.

End Action auto-removal does not work, and any state set with it is effectively permanent.
The demo mission has a win condition to collect the stolen goods. It wont end until those goods are collected.

There is no way to disable <Actor Cell> events unless you find a way to move them off the map before starting the battle.

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is strange. In my own battle where I have NPC then the battle ends when the enemies are defeated.

The demo mission has a win condition to collect the stolen goods. It wont end until those goods are collected.

There is no way to disable <Actor Cell> events unless you find a way to move them off the map before starting the battle.
Copy that. I tried using a plugin to spawn in events with the proper note tag before initiating the battle, but it looks like that doesn't work. I'll see if I can figure out a process by which the events can be moved position to position as needed.

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to change spawn positioning on a map unless you wanna duplicate the map several times. Moving the event has no effect. The spawn position remains where the event was initially placed in the editor even if the event moves. It probably reads the note tag on launch and then never looks at it again.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to change spawn positioning on a map unless you wanna duplicate the map several times. Moving the event has no effect. The spawn position remains where the event was initially placed in the editor even if the event moves. It probably reads the note tag on launch and then never looks at it again.
You're more or less correct. LeTBS battles don't actually take place on the map scene- it has a custom tactical battle scene that reads the map data directly, instead of referencing the currently active map. This is also the reason things sometimes display differently between battle and the map, such as layering between trees and characters.

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q
Managed to get layering of trees and characters to carry over into the tactical battle using OcRam's Layers Plugin V 2.01/Parallax mapping.

Between that and figuring out the status ailment thingy I found the courage to see how complete a game I could make with this incomplete (but awesome) battle plugin.

Regarding my encounter question, I ended up duplicating the encounter map a couple times, one where the party has the encounter on the east half of the map, and another where you have the encounter on the west half of the map. I just wait to see where the encounter occurs and then send to the appropriate encounter map.

In any case, the area transition ended up making the encounter visual effect look cooler... so that's good.

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a heads up for anyone who is curious, I managed to find a workaround for the issue that caused the last enemy killed to sometimes not play its death animation before the battle ended/victory dance ensued.

At first I thought it was a bug I'd have to live with, but I made a custom animation. Once I finished I realized my new skill didn't have the issue. The last enemy killed, when killed with that move, played its dying animation.

It seems it is related to both the skill's sequence as defined in the LeTBS config AND the actual skill animation in RPGmaker.

My move (working), I realized had a 25 frame animation and spark (broken) had a 15 frame animation. I added 10 more frames to Spark. Still not working. My move was also using the default skill sequence whereas Spark had a custom one. So I set spark back to 15 frames and told it to use the default sequence instead. Still broken. So I turned it back up to 25 frames. Now it works.

I'm gonna go through all of the built in sequences and the RPG maker animations the skills call to see if I can adjust them to allow enemies to actually die when they're the last target.

Not sure if anyone cares but me, but hopefully that'll help someone else who wants to use this.

TL;DR, the last enemy doesn't die because the attack sequence is goofy and animations are too short, and as a result battle concludes before it has played its death animation. If you make them longer the enemy will probably play its dying animation.

Okay, figured it out:

The sequence for default skill included this line:

"effects: {aoe}_battlers, current_obj, obj_anim, 0, true",

While default atk had this:

"effects: {aoe}_battlers, current_obj, obj_anim",

I found that adding the 0, true and increasing the number of frames in the RPGmaker attack animation to like 20 or so fixed the problem for default attack. Same for Flash Jump.

Anyone know what the "0, true" signify?

Last edited:

Vaslow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you should skim through the earlier pages for this thread. Someone has posted a fix for that using code and there are a few other fixes as well.

I think it was around page 100.

would be nice if there was a list of community fixes

Last edited:

wushi17ie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin is amazing, many thanks to the creator and all the ones helping answering questions and making it better in this post!

luizfcr

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where I find a current version for LeTbs dowloand.
Thank you

MrBech

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I cant make this plugin work : it says : "Failed to load img/letbs/Battle_Start.png" . I DO have the correct images in the correct folder. I DO have activated the easystar.js - but I have a feeling that this plugin isnt installed correcly. the github description is very confusing . Does anyone know why I get this error message? Sorry if its already been covered further up. I have searched a lot - also on this forum.

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cant make this plugin work : it says : "Failed to load img/letbs/Battle_Start.png" . I DO have the correct images in the correct folder. I DO have activated the easystar.js - but I have a feeling that this plugin isnt installed correcly. the github description is very confusing . Does anyone know why I get this error message? Sorry if its already been covered further up. I have searched a lot - also on this forum.
Hard to say, honestly -- I didn't have that problem.

My first guess would be something misspelled/put in the wrong place, but you seem to have checked that. If you would feel comfortable sharing the project files I would be happy to see if I can help figure out the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Newest RPG Maker drops: hey fellas, get on the MZ train to somewhere

Me: Building my VX Ace lego tower, blissfully unaware of time moving forward
When you are trying to make progress in your game. But something is stopping your motivation. Like come on mind! Let me do what I want! :<
Tfw everyone is trying their hardest to brainstorm about unique ideas and game mechanics, here I am just going: "How am I gonna event conversations with busts" everyday. :kaoswt2:
Comedy is third person, tragedy is first person.
Man. A historic 130 year old church nearby had all of its windows broken out with bricks last night. Such a shame, it wasn't generic stained glass patterns either but had beautifully crafted murals depicting various parts of the gospels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadyElselin