Lecode Tactical Battle System 0.77.2B

CommanderNZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lecode Thanks, now I have it working exactly how I need. :)

Now just have to work out how to get SRD Character Creator working with it flawlessly.

Last edited:

Final_zero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey @Lecode I love your script but I have some problems/ Requests.

Problem 1
So i'm trying to make my game have a skill tree and on that skill tree I want to make a passive skill (Using yanfly_passivestates) that extends the movement route of the player. I have it all set up with the instruction move_point_plus: x But it don't work. So I've even added the instruction to a skill that's not passive, didn't work and i have tried it on an accessory that I got my player to equip.

Problem 2
So some of my skills and weapons have scopes but i want them to hit anything in that scope so I added the instruction
scope_options: through_obstacle. Again nothing.

Request
Not quite sure how many people want this but the limit of monsters in a troop is 8 and thatss a little to small for me. is there a way to add in extra troops? Or at least to have more then 8 monsters per battle. If not I understand.

But great job and keep up the good work.

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Problem 1
So i'm trying to make my game have a skill tree and on that skill tree I want to make a passive skill (Using yanfly_passivestates) that extends the movement route of the player. I have it all set up with the instruction move_point_plus: x But it don't work. So I've even added the instruction to a skill that's not passive, didn't work and i have tried it on an accessory that I got my player to equip.
move_point_plus: x works on equipments and states, not on skills.

Problem 2
So some of my skills and weapons have scopes but i want them to hit anything in that scope so I added the instruction
scope_options: through_obstacle. Again nothing
scope_options: through_obstacle meens your line of sight goes through obstacles.
The scope isn't intended to be the hit area, it's the line of sight. The hit area is the AoE so shape it as you want
to get the desirable effects.

BTW it's through_obstacles (with "S"), that's why it isn't working on your
accessory. I've just edited the doc, thanks.

Final_zero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I might have confused you @Lecode

Problem 1
I'm not using a skill to add the effect I'm using a skill that adds a state that adds the move plus. I have also added the effect to a accessory and it don't work. The accessory adds the instructions and don't work.

Problem 2
Its not the hit area its part of the scope is more see through meaning you cannot select that space. I have a image to show you what i mean. is there away for my character to hit all those boxes apart from the ones where obstacles are?Problem.Jpeg

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Then something is wrong on your side because both instructions work on the demo. Check the skill teleportation and the state
Light steps. Let me know if they are working for you.

Chaosicaa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
@Final_zero, can you try putting the tag like this (does it work better?) :

<letbs>
move_points_plus: 1
</letbs>

For your second question try to set up your skill like that :

<letbs>
scope: circle(5)
scope_options: through_obstacles
</letbs>

(Try with tag) <letbs> and </letbs>

Last edited:

Final_zero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Skill.JPEG State.JPEG This is for problem 1^

Skill2.JPEGAnd problem 2^ thats how i have it set up

Chaosicaa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
For your problem number 2 your notetag is :
------------------------------------
<letbs>
scope: custom(Magic)
scope_options: through_obstacle
</letbs>

It should be :

<letbs>
scope: custom(Magic)
scope_options: through_obstacles
</letbs>

(One "S" is missing)

----------------------------------

For your problem number 1, for me it works, this is how I set up the skill :
(I'm using this yanfly plugin) = http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/17/yep-13-auto-passive-states/

Step 1: download the plugin and put it under Letbs.

Zero1.png

Step 2 : Create a "passive skill category" :

Zero2.png

Step 3 : Create a skill Passive state move.
Type of skill : Passive
Application field : none
Notetag :
<Passive State: 20>
(I'm using state number 20 to give movement point, change the number if you are using a different state)
This require the yanfly plugin (ON)

Zero3.png

Step 4 :
Set up a state with the notetag :
<letbs>
move_points_plus: 9
</letbs>

(chose whatever number you want)
When the passive skills are working you can put "no icon" but it is better to let them for the playtest to see if it worked

Zero4.png

Step 5:
Add the skill (not the state) to one actor (Here lucius):

Zero5.png

It works!
Now Lucius will have a +9 movement point when the battle starts.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Try it and if it still don't work, send me a demo of your project via private message, I'll try to see what's wrong!

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey @Lecode : D great work on this project. Is your ******* still up? I'd like to contribute to it.

While I'm bugging you, any news on the sideview style unit fights? I know you said it was in the plans, but I'm curious as to how far in the future that might be.

Final_zero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you I got it working on both fronts. You guys are amazing keep up the good work

Final_zero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Lecode sometimes I get a weird bug. Is this a bug or something ive done
problem2.Jpeg

Chaosicaa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello Final Zero, this is a known bug, it will be corrected on the next tbs version.

It happens when you use keyboard and mouse in the placement phase.

Last edited:

AirshipCanon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey, how do I force deployment of Characters into specific slots [I.E. Early game Fire Emblem style, so that specific characters are absolutely on the map in specific spots], or force deployment in general for that matter?

shadowknight121

Knight of Shadows
Reaction score
First Language
English
Will be keeping an eye on this one, bookmarked to use in a future project, looks amazing thus far!

Chaosicaa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello Airshipcanon
Actually it is not officially supported by the script BUT there is a way to do it !

I'm going to use yanfly plugin button common event :
http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/23/yep-061-button-common-events/

AND
Yanfly base parameters control (this one is optional) but you will need it if you want full control over leadership :
http://yanfly.moe/2016/03/25/yep-86-base-parameter-control/

Before using that you have to understand how lecode system works:
When you place "ally" cells, the event will have an ID and this ID is very important because the lowest event ID will be the first ally location depending of ally leadership.
By default, ally leadership = ally agility stat
If an ally agility is equal to one other ally agility, then the last one in the party formation will have the leadership :

So if we have ally X with 95 agility (first position in party)
Ally Y with 90 agility (second position in party)
Ally Z with 90 agility (third position in party)

Ally X will be first because he got the highest agility stat
Ally Z will be second because he have the same agility as ally Y but he is the last one in the formation
Ally Y will be last

So ally X will be by default on the lower event "ally" ID, ally Z just after and so on.

Now you can force positioning by settings the cells :
You can use yanfly base parameter control to set a state that will greatly boost a player agility stat (so it will be the first to play, so he will be on the lowest ID event) with the tag :
<agi Plus: +999>

(you have to inflict the state before the battle starts and don't forget to remove the state afterward or agility based attacks will deal extreme damages :
(In troop event, condition turn 0 + 1 span BATTLE remove all actors agility buff))

Now the question is :
How to force the player to chose the lowest position ID?

With the yanfly common event button you can use a plugin command :
TriggerButton Ok

If you set up a common event like this :
Wait 1 frame
Plugin command: TriggerButton Ok

with parallel process when the switch X is activated, you just have to activate the switch X just before a battle starts and the player won't have the time to do anything the battle will start where you set up the positions (it will accept default positioning phase very very fast)

Don't forget to put your switch back to OFF on the first battle turn or the game will press Enter button forever on a loop.
(In troop event, condition turn 0 + 1 span BATTLE Set the switch X to OFF)

Last edited:

AirshipCanon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well, that's annoyingly complicated. It should work.
And it doesn't do everything I'd want it to either, so there'd be a suggestion:

Force Deployment- Fire Emblem style.
Either a whole team is forced and there's no preparatory screens [early maps] and/or specific units are forced [Ala, Main Characters, etc.]

Also, I might add, the Documentation needs a fair deal of updating. There's a lot of complicated things with this script that I've noticed are there,
but aren't in the Docs.

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey @Lecode : D great work on this project. Is your ******* still up? I'd like to contribute to it.
Yeah it's still up (though I need to update the goals) ! That's what keeping this project alive.
So any contribution is appreciated <3.

While I'm bugging you, any news on the sideview style unit fights? I know you said it was in the plans, but I'm curious as to how far in the future that might be.
After the gold version...The 1.0 one. At this level the TBS would be 100% completed so I could focus on extra & funny features such as what you asked.

Hey, how do I force deployment of Characters into specific slots [I.E. Early game Fire Emblem style, so that specific characters are absolutely on the map in specific spots], or force deployment in general for that matter?
It'll be possible in 0.7 since I greatly improved the positioning phase.

Also, I might add, the Documentation needs a fair deal of updating. There's a lot of complicated things with this script that I've noticed are there,
but aren't in the Docs.
Yup I know. I want to move it to the github page wiki and update it.

Last edited:

Final_zero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@letbs Found another bunch of bugs
1. So i'm using 6 (Heroes) vs 8 (enemy's) if the enemy is trapped so something blocking it to the top bottom and side then it will select move and then the game will just stay there not doing anything.
2. I also have enemys passable when dead on. So enemy's can seem to land and end there turn on other enemys. Same goes for heroes as they too have passable when dead on. When on a spot that a hero or eney died on the one that is alive is immune to all attacks.
i.e Alex the hero dies on some grassland, Bat moves to be ontop of the now dead alex. Hero Krysta then goes to attack the bat on top of alex (who is dead) it acts like no one is there.

Rem Rem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any chance someone can make a quick tutorial on how to get this all set up. I'm new to RPG Maker and this plugin. I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing but I cant get the battles to start with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aboyhazard