yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A word of forewarning for anyone doing any spritework for use with this battle system:

It turns out that LeTBS does not properly center the little floating name/health bar that gets displayed when you mouse over a battler with respect to the battler sprite. The wider your sprite, the more off-center the name and health bar becomes -- it skews right. Same with the numerical turn indicator if you have that set to be displayed.

1590998287369.png

Virgil's sprite is 78x75 due to how he currently holds his sword. You can see that his name, healthbar, and turn indicator are all slightly off-center.

At one point I made it 160x75... and his name and turn indicator were actually appearing in a different square than the one in which he was standing.

The sprite size is technically not limited in this plugin, but this idiosyncrasy effectively limits you to pixel widths below 100ish, because above that it starts to look really weird.

Last edited:

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
View attachment 146141

may i ask what seems to be the problem ? after i scanned the wooden box it suddenly appears
Can't promise I'll be able to help you, but someone will be more likely able to help you if you hit F12 and copy over any error information displayed in the developer console.

Is the wooden box an entity that you created? How is its sprite set up?

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to download this but all the links are broken.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I tried to download this but all the links are broken

eaufidrane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't promise I'll be able to help you, but someone will be more likely able to help you if you hit F12 and copy over any error information displayed in the developer console.

Is the wooden box an entity that you created? How is its sprite set up?
no problem , just wanna know what seems to be the problem..
by the way the box was already created when i download the demo

eaufidrane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello guys!
just wanna know if how can we create this kind of skill

that is called torrent from defense of the accient. the animation was when the skill targeted the ground it will create a bubble animation then after 3 sec it will explode and if theres a enemy hero, the enemy will float like that and deals dmg. is it possible to create this skill ?
i tried to do this but theres always an error >.<

afd6de244728ce9fe08865e9ed45e1e2.jpg

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello guys!
just wanna know if how can we create this kind of skill

that is called torrent from defense of the accient. the animation was when the skill targeted the ground it will create a bubble animation then after 3 sec it will explode and if theres a enemy hero, the enemy will float like that and deals dmg. is it possible to create this skill ?
i tried to do this but theres always an error >.<

View attachment 146342
You could theoretically do something sort of like that. You can make skills which require charge time to use. Skills can inflict status effects which prevents actions and deal damage over time. As for floating in air, unfortunately I'm pretty sure you would need to create a custom animation for each battler and set up the status effect to loop that animation.

So probably a lot more trouble than it's worth just to see a battler floating a few pixels above the ground.

eaufidrane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could theoretically do something sort of like that. You can make skills which require charge time to use. Skills can inflict status effects which prevents actions and deal damage over time. As for floating in air, unfortunately I'm pretty sure you would need to create a custom animation for each battler and set up the status effect to loop that animation.

So probably a lot more trouble than it's worth just to see a battler floating a few pixels above the ground.
u

is that so ? I see .. well thanks again for aswering that question
anyway tbh as of now i still dont get the format on how to create a skill,
i dont even know where to start. Thats why i couldnt create a skill yet but sooner or later i know i could

i just need to review the guidelines

Last edited:

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your best bet is to just read through the skill sequences that have been pre-configured in the LeTBS demo's config file. There are a wide variety of skills with a wide variety of effects included. Odds are one or more of them will probably resemble whatever it is you may want to make.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm having difficulty creating a semi-complex spell. Basically its an Ice Barrier spell, which grants an absorption barrier (Yanfly's YEP_AbsorptionBarrier plugin) and +30% DEF for 4 turns or until the MDF x 1 damage is absorbed. Upon removal of this state (either thru dmg absorbed or expiring after 4 turns), I want it to freeze all adjacent enemies (like an icy explosion lol). It's this last part I'm having trouble implementing... I think it'll involve a <Custom Remove Effect> notetag, but I'm drawing a blank on how to make it target adjacent units to add a Frozen state. I already have the Frozen state made, which is used by a few other ice spells.

Last edited:

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am assuming you will need the custom remove effect to somehow initiate another attack in a manner that is compatible with LeTBS in order to apply the frozen effect. There are several ways to skin that particular cat in regular RPGmaker, but I'm not sure if or how many of them will work with LeTBS.

(Force Action script call, Yanfly action sequences, etc)

I know that Yanfly has a plugin which allows you to perform plugin commands via a script call. Maybe if all else fails you could try using the LeTBS ForceAction plugin command via a script call using that plugin. There may be a better way though.

Unfortunately the Itch.io download links for the Yanfly plugins are all down... so can't give it a try.

As for the freezing attack,

That attack would probably have something similar to the following properties:

<letbs>
scope: circle(0)
scope_options: include_center
aoe: custom(freezing_skill)
aoe_options: exclude_center
</letbs>

Custom AOE=

"freezing_skill": {
data: "[cx-1,cy-1],[cx,cy-1],[cx+1,cy-1],[cx-1,cy],[cx+1,cy],[cx-1,cy+1],[cx,cy+1],[cx+1,cy+1]"
},

The effect would just be the state. Make sure the state is set to "Turn End" and not "Action End"

Last edited:

KU001

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
JP
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello can I ask something?
I try to use "set_frame_delay: user, x" for the Sequence.
but when I use that code it's always freezing and having some issue.
is "set_frame_delay: entities, x" working fine?

eaufidrane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm having difficulty creating a semi-complex spell. Basically its an Ice Barrier spell, which grants an absorption barrier (Yanfly's YEP_AbsorptionBarrier plugin) and +30% DEF for 4 turns or until the MDF x 1 damage is absorbed. Upon removal of this state (either thru dmg absorbed or expiring after 4 turns), I want it to freeze all adjacent enemies (like an icy explosion lol). It's this last part I'm having trouble implementing... I think it'll involve a <Custom Remove Effect> notetag, but I'm drawing a blank on how to make it target adjacent units to add a Frozen state. I already have the Frozen state made, which is used by a few other ice spells.
sir if u dont mind
can i have the copy of absorbtion barrier? but its ok if u dont want

eaufidrane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can we change the rules of this letbs battlw gameplay? i mean the battle system is great but i just wanted to change the rules for its movement

for example
the hero can attack or skill once per turn then after that its either u will move (if u have remaining steps to move) or end ur turn right?

so what i want to change is
the attack and skill that can be done in a turn will be based on its TP so as long as that hero has enough TP, it can attack or use a skill multiple times.

Can u do that?

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can we change the rules of this letbs battlw gameplay? i mean the battle system is great but i just wanted to change the rules for its movement

for example
the hero can attack or skill once per turn then after that its either u will move (if u have remaining steps to move) or end ur turn right?

so what i want to change is
the attack and skill that can be done in a turn will be based on its TP so as long as that hero has enough TP, it can attack or use a skill multiple times.

Can u do that?
Sure. Go into the plugin parameters for LeTBS.js and change the "One Time Offense" parameter from "true" to "false". Now you can attack as many times per turn as you want.

eaufidrane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure. Go into the plugin parameters for LeTBS.js and change the "One Time Offense" parameter from "true" to "false". Now you can attack as many times per turn as you want.
awesome! thnks for that info

but for sure i will have a lot of questions to ask about in the future so please bare with me

thanks again

eaufidrane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello guys may i ask what should i do if i want to see the value of TP in this gameplay ? cant find it

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

@eaufidrane , please do not bump your topic unless it has been 72 hours later since your last post. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to add something and no one has posted recently, just Edit your last post to add in whatever you want.

eaufidrane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[BUMP]@eaufidrane [/BUMP]If you want to add something and no one has posted recently, just Edit your last post to add in whatever you want.
sorry about that
i was suppose to delete my third reply but it seems like i cannot.

my apology

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
sorry about that
i was suppose to delete my third reply but it seems like i cannot.

my apology
No worries. In the future, if you post something by accident, just Report that post and say it was an accidental post in your Report. As moderators we can delete that post for you (the Report puts it in our queue so we see it immediately). I'll go ahead and delete this one for you now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Actor2_4 added!

I Hate @Andar Partially Because Of he said this if People are Talking about VX (Not Ace):VX is the worst version of the RPG-Makers as it had only one tileset and is missing many features to improve the game development. It is a very bad choice to base a new project on.
It seems to me that I'm too lazy to make new MZ plugins with my full time job, so I'm porting my easy, simple and small MV plugins instead.
I hope I can port 1-2 such plugins per day, but this will be hard for me :)
just mechin' around this morning - MZ edit, feel free to use, must own MZ
I think it is absolutely adorable how Korone says "Eekum Bokum" and the fact she seems so amused by it. :LZSproud:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robwork