yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello guys may i ask what should i do if i want to see the value of TP in this gameplay ? cant find it
TP is already displayed down here. The little green bar gauge.

1591430324240.png

If your intention is to make it more prominent or display a number in addition to the gauge, then there are no existing parameters to modify that that I am aware of. One would have to modify LeTBSWindows.js (I believe) to add a numerical readout or adjust the size of the gauge.

My recommendation to you would be to stick with the interface as-is and consider what would be possible to achieve with it. Also, look through the plugin parameters. That will show you more or less what can be modified without editing javascript.

If your concern is a numerical readout, may I recommend renaming and using MP instead?

eaufidrane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what seems to be the problem here ?
i just create a new event

TP is already displayed down here. The little green bar gauge.

1591430324240.png

If your intention is to make it more prominent or display a number in addition to the gauge, then there are no existing parameters to modify that that I am aware of. One would have to modify LeTBSWindows.js (I believe) to add a numerical readout or adjust the size of the gauge.

My recommendation to you would be to stick with the interface as-is and consider what would be possible to achieve with it. Also, look through the plugin parameters. That will show you more or less what can be modified without editing javascript.

If your concern is a numerical readout, may I recommend renaming and using MP instead?

oh i see
so it seems we cant do anything to display the amount of the TP.
well no worries if thats the case
yeah im just gonna stick with our interface as-is.

the reason why i wanna see the amount of the TP displayed in the battle scene is because i suppose to create a skill that will requires TP instead of MP so the player would monitize their TP and prefer for the next move.
but i guess im just gonna disregard that for now

thanks again

eaufidrane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
guys it just skipped the victory aftermath after i battle some enemies but the bgm still playing even though i already done battling the enemies.
does anyone here encounter the same problem?
do u guys have an idea
what seems to be the problem?

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I encountered a compatibility? problem... I get the following error when I try to use SRD's Super Tools Engine:
Error.png
This is just LTBS's demo project too w/ SRD's Super Tools Engine added at the top...
pluginlist.png
I've even tried moving the plugin to the VERY bottom, same result.

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I encountered a compatibility? problem... I get the following error when I try to use SRD's Super Tools Engine:
View attachment 146842
This is just LTBS's demo project too w/ SRD's Super Tools Engine added at the top...
View attachment 146843
I've even tried moving the plugin to the VERY bottom, same result.
I tried out that plugin and it appeared to have some compatibility issues with YEP_CoreEngine.

I'm guessing because YEP messes with the game client's resolution, but i honestly have no idea. I know there are people that claim to use the two together. Maybe it requires a newer version of Yanfly Core Engine than the one with which LeTBS's demo is bundled, or it requires tweaking of SuperTools/Yanfly Core Engine in order to work.

You would be best off checking with people familiar with those plugins.

In the end I ended up finding a lightweight HUD plugin that removed my need for supertools.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using SRD's Super Tools Engine in another project w/ all of Yanfly's Plugins no problem tho, which is why I assumed it was conflicting w/ LTBS... But I hadn't considered that the Yanfly plugins in the LTBS demo might be outdated, I'll try updating and see wut happens.

Edit: Nope doesn't work after updating to YEP_CoreEngine v1.31. I got a totally different set of errors this time around however.

Edit2: Damn, I'm actually really bummed out it doesn't work w/ LTBS cuz the SRD Super Tool seems to be required for several of his plugins, like the in game character generator and stat distribution plugin. :/
(I really like SRD's stat distribution plugin cuz it lets u change secondary stats like crit/hit/etc...)

Last edited:

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Click the error button in the developer console to see where the error is appearing in the code.

It will at least tell you the plugin in which it is originating.

I have no idea whether LeTBS, or rather the LeTBS Yanfly Patch, are compatible with all more recent releases of Yanfly's plugins than those that are in the demo. Your best bet will probably be to use the versions with which the demo is bundled, and yes, unfortunately that seems to mean no Supertools.

You might try turning off all of Yanfly's plugins completely and running LeTBS/Supertools together, but in my opinion the Yanfly plugins add more actual value than the SRD ones.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I turned off all Yanfly plugins, leaving only the LTBS plugins enabled and got the same error as in the 1st screenshot, so it's definitely LTBS and not Yanfly's plugins (remember I also tried Super Tools in a separate project w/ just Yanfly plugins, and it ran fine w/ no issues).errors.png
Maybe my only hope would be v0.8 when it's eventually released...

yeahchris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as I know Lecode isn't developing for rpgmaker anymore.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought he said v0.8 was still being worked on, just slowly and that it will be released...eventually.
Jan 28 at 11:03am
Update on what's been happening
Hello.
It's been a while I haven't logged in and I need to make a post to clear things up and apologize for the lack of communication.
The past few months were overwhelming. I am about to finish my studies in computer science and I was job hunting to secure an internship and later a full-time job. I had to put temporarily my work on LeTBS on hold and deploy more production apps per the industry standard. I needed to build some sort of portfolio in web and mobile development.
I still kept working on LeTBS but really sporadically. Like 1 or 3h a week when I'm burnt out from other, more important projects. Thankfully I managed to land a position at a company that's worth it and I should start in early February.
Why weren't you communicating with us?
Besides the point that I'm just really bad at communicating, I was overwhelmed with what was happening IRL and, more importantly, I just didn't want to come empty-handed, once again. I really dislike coming here and announce that LeTBS will be delayed once again, and so on. That's something I had been doing for a year or so. I just decided to keep working in silence.
What'll happen to LeTBS then?
This will entirely depend on if I can mingle a "9-5 job" with working on LeTBS. If that's doable I should be able to progress quickly because there would be no other side project. If it's not possible I'd still work on it, but really slowly. I eventually plan to use LeTBS myself anyway.
Either way, I don't think I'll be able to keep any promise now so I don't think a ******* page would be any relevant. I'll decide in March if I'll keep the page or not.
For people that are still supporting me, I can't thank you enough and know that your money wasn't going to waste.
The bottom line is that the next release of LeTBS will happen but I don't know when. It might also be shipped with another monetization method because ******* doesn't seem to suit me.
Edit: Btw, has anyone gotten LTBS to work w/ UltraMode7?

Last edited:

eaufidrane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello guys good day just wanna ask how to fix this ?

1591702403606.png

this error occurs whenever i tried to click the symbol of the state
and also how can we indicate the message text of the state in the battle?

thank u in advance

eaufidrane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello guys just wanna ask if can we create a skill that the target will jump to the users back?

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found these templates that would be amazing for our character animations in LTBS!

This is one of their slashing templates:
male_slash.png
They're even 64x64! Exactly what I needed.

I'm curious what everyone uses for their character sprites, especially for animations like attacking and such. Needing 4 directions really limit the available assets we can use out there...

Pootscooter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Mandarin
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What's the correct plugin order relative to Yanfly's plugins?

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is turn order handled by the LTBS plugins or YEP_BattleEngineCore or is it in MV's code somewhere? Cuz I'm using LUK (renamed Speed) to determine turn order back when I was using YEP_X_BattleSysSTB. I just wanna make sure the game doesn't default to using AGI (Dexterity in my game) for turn calculations.

Edit: Nvm found it in the plugins options lol. Btw, what does "Turn Order Fair Distribution" do?

What's the correct plugin order relative to Yanfly's plugins?
I just put mine after YEP_BattleEngineCore but before YEP_BuffStatesCore.

Also, can "Default Move Points" be a formula instead of just a number? Like if I wanted it to use this:
JavaScript:
Math.round(user.luk / (user.level / 2));
Edit2: Also I'm confused regarding the config file, the LTBS github site says to find:
Lecode.S_TBS.Config.Battler_Sprites

But I can't find it anywhere, also the formatting is different than the "Angela" example on the site:

Edit3: I figured out the sprite config issue, I just noticed it got moved to notetags...

However, I REALLY need to be able to use a formula for move points. How would I go about achieving this? Thx!

Last edited:

eaufidrane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello guys may i ask how to fix this issue?
1592140549158.png
the last thing i did was i processed a new battle to a different map and then this error occur

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to use conditionals to define the scope of a skill? Like...
if (user.isLearnedSkill(1337)) {
insert scope here
} else {
insert other scope here
}

I'm not sure how to go about it since they're supposed to be in notetags:
<letbs>
scope: circle(3)
</letbs>

Possible? Or if not, any workarounds?

Also, I really need to know how to set Move Points via formula instead of a flat number please...

Edit: I tried this and got undefined.
JavaScript:
<letbs>
var fireScope = 3
if (user.isLearnedSkill(42)) {
  fireScope = 4;
}
scope: circle(fireScope)
</letbs>

Last edited:

UniqueName

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Other
Is it possible to use conditionals to define the scope of a skill? Like...
if (user.isLearnedSkill(1337)) {
insert scope here
} else {
insert other scope here
}

I'm not sure how to go about it since they're supposed to be in notetags:
<letbs>
scope: circle(3)
</letbs>

Possible? Or if not, any workarounds?

Also, I really need to know how to set Move Points via formula instead of a flat number please...

Edit: I tried this and got undefined.
JavaScript:
<letbs>
var fireScope = 3
if (user.isLearnedSkill(42)) {
  fireScope = 4;
}
scope: circle(fireScope)
</letbs>
I also want to know that
It would be really useful
Tho I doubt anyone will answer you since the plugin is pretty much dead
So you should try experimenting by yourself
you should try using this formula in LeTBSconfig
Once I get home I'll try too

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm hoping Pharonix will chime in...he seem's to be the guy who most grasps LTBS out of the active members. Also praying for v0.8 but not getting my hopes up lol.

I hope I'm not forced to switch to Tactics System 1.1... I really like all the features available in LTBS. Sigh...

SRPG wouldn't work for me cuz a big feature of my game is seamless combat transitions. Basically going from exploring a dungeon to fighting a battle happens on the same map in my game. SRPG seems like you're always in tactical combat mode...unless I just haven't figured it all out yet. Also, I don't want the attacks to play Fire Emblem style, I want it to happen on the grid, like in FF Tactics.

Does anyone know how to use an eval/formula for Move Points btw?

Last edited:

UniqueName

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Other
I'm hoping Pharonix will chime in...he seem's to be the guy who most grasps LTBS out of the active members. Also praying for v0.8 but not getting my hopes up lol.

I hope I'm not forced to switch to Tactics System 1.1... I really like all the features available in LTBS. Sigh...

SRPG wouldn't work for me cuz a big feature of my game is seamless combat transitions. Basically going from exploring a dungeon to fighting a battle happens on the same map in my game. SRPG seems like you're always in tactical combat mode...unless I just haven't figured it all out yet. Also, I don't want the attacks to play Fire Emblem style, I want it to happen on the grid, like in FF Tactics.

Does anyone know how to use an eval/formula for Move Points btw?
And also lecode abandoned the plugin so i doubt 0.8 will ever come out =(
For how long do you use letbs?
I use it for 1.5 year so i can tell you all the bugs and limitations i found so far so you could determine if you gonna use it till the end or find smth else

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)

• Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What does your project folder look like?
    I was told that an iPhone can provide a personal internet hotspot...You learn something new everyday!
    Will probably never use MZ. Buys it anyway
    Been playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope, the remastered version on PS4. I like it. Seems others think it's garbage, but I like these cutesy, silly, and tropey characters. Having waaaay more fun with it than SO: Integrity and Faithlessness.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nwr