"set_speed: {aoe}_battlers, +6",
"push: {aoe}_battlers, user_cell, $1",
"set_speed: {aoe}_battlers, reset",
"end_if",
"wait: 60"
],

trying to make a charge skill, doesnt quite behave correctly
How does it currently work?
Been a hot minute since I worked on action sequences, but from this, it should be
damaging the targets,
then play animation on user
user moves to selected cell,
damages targets
pushes them back 1 cell.

luizfcr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where can I access the Letbs documentation?

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How does it currently work?
Been a hot minute since I worked on action sequences, but from this, it should be
damaging the targets,
then play animation on user
user moves to selected cell,
damages targets
pushes them back 1 cell.
yeah its a rush to target skill. If an enemy is hit then it should knockback 1 cell. its kinda wonky right now. I cant determine whether I should make a direct target collision, or create a type of invisible projectile that shoots forward in front of the target one cell.

Actually, that may be easier...

@Pharonix is there a way to shoot an invisible projectile 1 space after the user has moved? instead of saving cells?

Last edited:

Verrillion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Sacrifyx So far how I've assembled the enemies using the 'Troops' section (and putting down appropriate boxes), but I can't add more than 8 enemies to a Troop, and I'm unsure of how else I can do it, is there a way to just write it into an event box?

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sacrifyx So far how I've assembled the enemies using the 'Troops' section (and putting down appropriate boxes), but I can't add more than 8 enemies to a Troop, and I'm unsure of how else I can do it, is there a way to just write it into an event box?
2 ways:

1). event troop page event that calls letbs event that spawns enemies

2). I use FlipelyFlip's Large Troops (edited by me as it wasn't exactly compatible)
I was able to make battles with 50+ enemies with this. Just know that the more entities you cram on a map, the more computer resource intensive it gets. I crashed my beta-tester's computer with one of my battles lol.

Verrillion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow! Thank you! This was exactly what I was looking for! I really only needed a couple extra, (like 12) but I was having trouble working outside the Troop event menu

Thank you so much this problem has been haunting me for months T_T

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pharonix. I solved it! Here is how:

"charge": [
"look_at: user, cursor_cell",
"play_pose: user, atk",
"wait: 10",
"directional_anim: user, user, 126, 127, 128, 129",
"wait: 20",
"move_straight: user, 2",
"play_pose: user, atk",
"wait: 10",
"effects: {aoe}_battlers, current_obj, obj_anim",
"if: i****('{aoe}_battlers')",
"set_speed: {aoe}_battlers, +6",
"push: {aoe}_battlers, user_cell, $1",
"set_speed: {aoe}_battlers, reset",
"end_if",
"wait: 60"
],

Simply made them move forward three and deal cursor damage.

I am however stuck on the wording of something. I want to use something similar for a leap strike. However I cant quite figure out the wording for Jump forward 2 cells. out of curiousity what docs can i look at for help with this? the sequencing for commands in LETBS

Edit. Disregard. Found it

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pharonix Hey, I was just wondering if you were able to make any progress on the unit stats issue. (also "origin" support in addition to "user" & "target") For example, "origin.mat" still uses the target's stats instead of the caster's stats.

luizfcr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
2 ways:

1). event troop page event that calls letbs event that spawns enemies

2). I use FlipelyFlip's Large Troops (edited by me as it wasn't exactly compatible)
I was able to make battles with 50+ enemies with this. Just know that the more entities you cram on a map, the more computer resource intensive it gets. I crashed my beta-tester's computer with one of my battles lol.

what I do didn’t work with the plugin, you have a demo there?
Say that a jSON file is missing

luizfcr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OPA got it here.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit. Disregard. Found it
[/QUOTE]
@Pharonix Hey, I was just wondering if you were able to make any progress on the unit stats issue. (also "origin" support in addition to "user" & "target") For example, "origin.mat" still uses the target's stats instead of the caster's stats.
No I haven't, but seeing as I am officially unemployed as of today, I might have some time to actually delve deeper into this.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No I haven't, but seeing as I am officially unemployed as of today, I might have some time to actually delve deeper into this.
Bummer, I'm sorry to hear that. At least u can file for unemployment benefits lol.

wushi17ie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all, has anyone been using this plugin with Orange Overlay? I love both plugins but am struggling to make them work together...

The problem I've having is the MapCursor doesn't follow the highlighted tile correctly (as shown below). I've tried putting one plugin in front of another but it seems like the order doesn't matter.

You can see when I move the cursor down to any row below the sprite that's facing front, the cursor indicator (the with four corners image) stays at the second row (same row with the sprite facing front), but actually the cursor should be on the tile that's highlighted.
ezgif-3-8c3fd15845c0.gif

Sorry if I'm not explaining it clearly, but if anyone has encountered this before, could you please help me out? Thanks in advance!

e463gx

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Sorry if this has been answered, I've searched relentlessly in this thread but couldn't find a solid answer, but did see others having the same issue:

Is there a solution to spawning enemy reinforcements that use larger sprite sheets? Right now the reinforcements only work if all enemies are tagged: use_chara

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick question guys, do "states" not work in this? When messing with it, it seems I can add a particular state to a target, but the state has no effect.

Is this a common issue or is there a fix?

e463gx

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Another question for you Pharonix, as you seem to be the resident expert :smile:, could you let me know how you got Hime's BattleActionEXP plugin to work with LETBS? I can't get the game to reward experience at all when active - regardless if it is set to enemy death or result of action. It doesn't even reward the experience after the battle

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dang, I didn't realize that plugin was incompatible. I had plans to use Hime's BattleActionEXP as well but hadn't gotten around to it yet... I'll look into Hime's code rn and see how it's XP is managed. The issue might be cuz battles in LTBS are on the map instead of the battle scene, just a hunch though...

e463gx

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yeah that was my assumption as well, since it works fine when LETBS is Off. I haven't looked into the code at all, but the main issue is that the game stops awarding EXP all together. Any help would be appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We are truly intellectuals.
Without using violence without weapons
Our group has as many as 1.3 million people and more than 1 hundred thousand talks.
We gathered in an hour, more than 4.5 Half a hundred thousand

I got a Sword.
I got an Axe.
I got two Swords.
Nothing to see here, just walking with my dog.
I haven’t worked on my game in a while. Tomorrow might be the day.
*squeals* :kaoblush:

I've been experimenting with improved memory management again, which allowed me to include items to increase player path length. These are both 44 grid spaces long, and stable. :LZSexcite:
I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akasheee