appreciate

luizfcr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all, has anyone been using this plugin with Orange Overlay? I love both plugins but am struggling to make them work together...

The problem I've having is the MapCursor doesn't follow the highlighted tile correctly (as shown below). I've tried putting one plugin in front of another but it seems like the order doesn't matter.

You can see when I move the cursor down to any row below the sprite that's facing front, the cursor indicator (the with four corners image) stays at the second row (same row with the sprite facing front), but actually the cursor should be on the tile that's highlighted.
View attachment 162963

Sorry if I'm not explaining it clearly, but if anyone has encountered this before, could you please help me out? Thanks in advance!

Take a look at the documentation

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been a while since I enabled Hime BattleEXP so I need to double check this.
I've been doing alot of housework and such, so I've been plenty of busy this week.
But from what I remember, I had it working on enemy killed.
The reason I migrated away from this, was because 2 or 3 of my 5 playable characters dealt a majority of the damage, the other 2 being healer/support, didn't really get many kills, so instead of balancing healing and support skills to provide appropriate XP, I decided to just disable the Battle EXP system altogether. However I do have plans to add it back in, but have it provide XP only for kills, and in a lesser amount, so to work as an "incentive" so to speak to provide a decent little boost, but as I plan on using leveled enemies at one point, this can skew the enemy levels unfavorably for the weaker party members, so I am still looking into things.

e463gx

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Gotta get that house straight! If you could look to see what you did to get it working, I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be greatly appreciative!

wushi17ie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all, has anyone been using this plugin with Orange Overlay? I love both plugins but am struggling to make them work together...

The problem I've having is the MapCursor doesn't follow the highlighted tile correctly (as shown below). I've tried putting one plugin in front of another but it seems like the order doesn't matter.

You can see when I move the cursor down to any row below the sprite that's facing front, the cursor indicator (the with four corners image) stays at the second row (same row with the sprite facing front), but actually the cursor should be on the tile that's highlighted.
View attachment 162963

Sorry if I'm not explaining it clearly, but if anyone has encountered this before, could you please help me out? Thanks in advance!
For those who are using this LeTBS with Orange Overlay like me, the two plugins are incompatible because they both add and modify a "ground" layer. The fix I took was I had to change these lines in LeTBS.js to give the layer a different name.

Original code:
Code:
this._groundLayer = new Sprite();
this._groundLayer.z = 2;
this._tbsLayer.addChild(this._groundLayer);
this.getLayer("ground").addChild(this.cursor());
Modified code:
Code:
this._tbsGroundLayer = new Sprite();
this._tbsGroundLayer .z = 2;
this._tbsLayer.addChild(this._tbsGroundLayer);
this.getLayer("tbsGround").addChild(this.cursor());
Hope this can help whoever ran into the same problem and happy game developing!

wushi17ie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Take a look at the documentation

Thanks @luizfcr, I took another look at the documentation but it doesn't seem like it's relevant to the problem I was having. I decided to read the code and luckily there's an easy fix that seems to be working for me. I've posted above.

Many thanks to you nonetheless!

luizfcr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[QUOTE = "wushi17ie, postagem: 1126920, membro: 146566"]
Obrigado [USER = 140816] @luizfcr [/ USER], dei outra olhada na documentação, mas não parece que seja relevante para o problema que eu estava tendo. Decidi ler o código e, felizmente, há uma solução fácil que parece estar funcionando para mim. Eu postei acima.

Muito obrigado, no entanto!

Glad it went right.
I can ask you a question, where can I find the configuration file?

luizfcr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
2 ways:

1). event troop page event that calls letbs event that spawns enemies

2). I use FlipelyFlip's Large Troops (edited by me as it wasn't exactly compatible)
I was able to make battles with 50+ enemies with this. Just know that the more entities you cram on a map, the more computer resource intensive it gets. I crashed my beta-tester's computer with one of my battles lol.

Hello, help please, I didn't find anything in the documentation about reinforcement troops, I would like to know how to do it.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, help please, I didn't find anything in the documentation about reinforcement troops, I would like to know how to do it.
You need to actually make an event in battle as a tbs event, then call that event in troop
1602364460970.png
The Reinforce Event MUST have the note <TBS Event>

1602364438811.png
You select the cell
Then you add the entity, this will Enemy, leave Order(remake) 0 is idk, and soldier3 refers tot he flag (this MUST be unique per battle map.
Then you need to make the enemy fade in.

As for the Enemy Troop:

1602364823670.png
When you use LeTBS ForceEventTrigger ById X
This will trigger whatever TBS event has that ID

All this is also used in the Demo (search for the link)
In the "Defeat Bandits" battle map.

luizfcr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use the Skill ice wall and this message appears [LeTBS] – The battler ‘ice Block’ has no sprite configuration!
what can I do to fix it?

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use the Skill ice wall and this message appears [LeTBS] – The battler ‘ice Block’ has no sprite configuration!
what can I do to fix it?
First off,
As the sequence for Ice Wall does the following:
"ice_wall": [
"call: pre-skill",
"map_anim: cursor_cell, obj_anim",
"wait: 30",
"summon: ice_block, {aoe}",
"call: post-skill"
],

under LeTBSConfig.js Find the Summons section and make sure

"ice_block": {
turn_order: "none",
kind: "enemy",
id: 34,
tied_to_caster: false,
stats: {
mhp: "+30%"
}
},

Is there.
Then make sure Enemy 34 Exists and is ice block if not, make an Ice Block Enemy and update the ID in the config.

Once more, sample implementation of this is set up already in the LeTBS Demo.

For anyone just starting using this, I HIGHLY Recommend just downloading the demo, delete the existing maps if you want, and just build off the currently existing assets (so you have an idea of where to start).

Also I need to know if you are using 77 or 77.2b, as I do not use 77.2b and it uses notetag sprite config instead of using the sprite config in the LeTBSConfig.js, but for the most part, if you use the demo it should work fine regardless.

luizfcr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some things make the error, so the questions, I use the demo.
I use 77.2b

e463gx

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I found a workaround to my Hime BattleEXP problem, although it might not be a good workaround for everyone.

Instead of using Hime's plugin, I tied EXP to skill use instead. Meaning every time an actor uses a skill, like attack, they get exp. I then tied it to a formula that compared a.atk to b.atk in combination with Hime Enemy Levels to get an experience curve.

Formula:
a.isActor() ? a.gainExp(Math.max(5, (20 + (4* (b.atk - a.atk)))) : a.atk - b.def;a.atk - b.def
With that problem aside, has anyone found a workaround for enemy reinforcements using larger sprites?

luizfcr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First off,
As the sequence for Ice Wall does the following:
"ice_wall": [
"call: pre-skill",
"map_anim: cursor_cell, obj_anim",
"wait: 30",
"summon: ice_block, {aoe}",
"call: post-skill"
],

under LeTBSConfig.js Find the Summons section and make sure

"ice_block": {
turn_order: "none",
kind: "enemy",
id: 34,
tied_to_caster: false,
stats: {
mhp: "+30%"
}
},

Is there.
Then make sure Enemy 34 Exists and is ice block if not, make an Ice Block Enemy and update the ID in the config.

Once more, sample implementation of this is set up already in the LeTBS Demo.

For anyone just starting using this, I HIGHLY Recommend just downloading the demo, delete the existing maps if you want, and just build off the currently existing assets (so you have an idea of where to start).

Also I need to know if you are using 77 or 77.2b, as I do not use 77.2b and it uses notetag sprite config instead of using the sprite config in the LeTBSConfig.js, but for the most part, if you use the demo it should work fine regardless.

The sprite is not found, I don't know where to pull it, sorry for calling you again.

e463gx

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The sprite is not found, I don't know where to pull it, sorry for calling you again.
You need to add sprite notetags to the "Ice Block" enemy. Add this:

<letbs_sprite>
pose(idle): use_chara, Ice Wall, 0
turn_order: auto
status_sprite: auto
</letbs_sprite>
and add a blank character .png into your "characters" image folder (file attached.)

Attachments

luizfcr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to add sprite notetags to the "Ice Block" enemy. Add this:

and add a blank character .png into your "characters" image folder (file attached.)

Thank you very much, it worked perfectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It took really long to gather the 4 siblings to make this pictur- where did the fourth one go!?

RPG Maker is working for me such as a College Degree: I've so much to learn to create, explore and try on...
You ever get really into a tv show...then realize after the first season you were really only into the opening theme for said show, and now that it's changed you're kinda done with it?
*Inhuman screech* Generator male clothing edits incoming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waklert