Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zayriel You might just have to migrate to a new blank project and slowly add your plugins back in, starting w/ the SRD stuff followed by LTBS stuff.

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zayriel You might just have to migrate to a new blank project and slowly add your plugins back in, starting w/ the SRD stuff followed by LTBS stuff.

Just tried what you suggested, and here are the results:

• Turning on the SRD_GameUpgrade just gives me a black screen.
  • Turning SRD_SuperTools on gives me the following error:Screenshot (36).png

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, that's bizarre... maybe I should put together a blank project w/ LeTBS + SRD + Yanfly plugins already sorted out? Then you can just add the content of your game into it. Would you be interested in that?

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, that's bizarre... maybe I should put together a blank project w/ LeTBS + SRD + Yanfly plugins already sorted out? Then you can just add the content of your game into it. Would you be interested in that?

I'd be an idiot to turn that down! I am both appreciative and elated that you're even offering such a thing! Thanks so much, @Frostorm! :D

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, I'll get on that 1st thing tmrw.

Btw, does anyone know how to make a sequence use a different skill or formula? I've been using https://lecodemv.github.io/leTBS/old/sequences.html as a reference, but it's not working...
Take the default atk sequence for example:
JavaScript:
    "atk": [
        "play_pose: user, atk",
        "wait: 10",
        "effects: {aoe}_battlers, current_obj, obj_anim",
        "wait: 60"
    ],
I tried making a copy of that sequence w/ a custom formula, but I get the following error:
JavaScript:
    "atk2": [
        "effects: {aoe}_battlers, f: 20, obj_anim",
    ],
1607996432346.png

I also tried the following:
JavaScript:
        "effects: {aoe}_battlers, skill_4, obj_anim",
    ],
...as well as this:
JavaScript:
        "effects: {aoe}_battlers, 4, obj_anim",
    ],
Both of which gave me this error:
1607996692952.png

Edit: Ok, so I just tried this as well:
JavaScript:
        "effects: {aoe}_battlers, skill_ID: 4, obj_anim",
    ],
...which gave me the error in the 1st screenshot ('requestWait'), which leads me to believe the syntax is correct (like w/ using the custom formula "f: string"), but there's some underlying problem I can't figure out...

Edit2: I also tried a different approach, by using a switch instead. But alas, I get this error the following error when I try: (works fine if I remove script: $gameSwitches.setValue(3, true);)
JavaScript:
        "if: entity('user').battler().equips()[1]",
        "script: $gameSwitches.setValue(3, true);",
        "wait: 30"
    ],
1608006599145.png
However, I know scripts work in general since the example given in LTBSConfig is error-free:
"script: user.setDir(user._lastDir);",

Last edited:

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, I'll get on that 1st thing tmrw.

Btw, does anyone know how to make a sequence use a different skill or formula? I've been using https://lecodemv.github.io/leTBS/old/sequences.html as a reference, but it's not working...
Take the default atk sequence for example:
JavaScript:
    "atk": [
    ],
I tried making a copy of that sequence w/ a custom formula, but I get the following error:
JavaScript:
        "effects: {aoe}_battlers, f: 20, obj_anim",
    ],
View attachment 171450

I also tried the following:
JavaScript:
        "effects: {aoe}_battlers, skill_4, obj_anim",
    ],
...as well as this:
JavaScript:
        "effects: {aoe}_battlers, 4, obj_anim",
    ],
Both of which gave me this error:
View attachment 171451

Edit: Ok, so I just tried this as well:
JavaScript:
        "effects: {aoe}_battlers, skill_ID: 4, obj_anim",
    ],
...which gave me the error in the 1st screenshot ('requestWait'), which leads me to believe the syntax is correct (like w/ using the custom formula "f: string"), but there's some underlying problem I can't figure out...

Edit2: I also tried a different approach, by using a switch instead. But alas, I get this error the following error when I try: (works fine if I remove script: $gameSwitches.setValue(3, true);)
JavaScript:
        "if: entity('user').battler().equips()[1]",
        "script: $gameSwitches.setValue(3, true);",
        "wait: 30"
    ],
View attachment 171458
However, I know scripts work in general since the example given in LTBSConfig is error-free:
"script: user.setDir(user._lastDir);",

It's modular, you have to open up LETBS.Config in your files. You should be able to use notepad to open it.

Every thing has to be created under "custom sequences"

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I already know that, that's literally where I copy-pasted that code from. I've already been making custom sequences, my question is whether anyone's gotten "effects: {aoe}_battlers, f: string, obj_anim", or "effects: {aoe}_battlers, skill_ID, obj_anim", to work...

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I already know that, that's literally where I copy-pasted that code from. I've already been making custom sequences, my question is whether anyone's gotten "effects: {aoe}_battlers, f: string, obj_anim", or "effects: {aoe}_battlers, skill_ID, obj_anim", to work...

try the above link, its the old doc and it tells all the scope restrictionns

the one right below that has link to sequence info

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q or @Pharonix

Do either of you know if scopes can be excluded like aoes?

Trying to make heal skills not heal turrets which are a summon so is like *exclude_summon viable?

or would it have to be done via AOE.

Also @Pharonix are you still working on that Voice over patch?

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

try the above link, its the old doc and it tells all the scope restrictionns

the one right below that has link to sequence info
You do realize I already linked the old doc in my earlier post right? Anyway, I figured it out by using "use_skill: user, 4", instead.

Trying to make heal skills not heal turrets which are a summon so is like *exclude_summon viable?
Use Scope Restrictions: scope_select: type
If scope_select: allies also includes summons, then you'll probably have to use scope_select: actorId(1), actorId(2), actorId(3), etc...

Last edited:

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You do realize I already linked the old doc in my earlier post right? Anyway, I figured it out by using "use_skill: user, 4", instead.

Use Scope Restrictions: scope_select: type
If scope_select: allies also includes summons, then you'll probably have to use scope_select: actorId(1), actorId(2), actorId(3), etc...

Tried, but wont work with multiple things with a comma. You can only do one scope select from my test

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Crap, I just noticed...YEP_EquipBattleSkills.js plugin doesn't work in LTBS? Like I have my spells equipped, but my unequipped spells still show up!
Screenshot (I don't have Ember Step equipped)
1608627329932.png

Anyone else encounter this?

TheWorldOfCM

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone can help me? I tried for hours but I couldn't make it work. I hope anyone can help and assist me.

(1) I have a character class where he is using teleportation skill for allies. Yes I know there is a skill where user can teleport an ally but when I choose and select a tile, I can put my ally anywhere..even in the areas where it shouldn't be possible to place anything, the restricted areas. Is this a bug? I checked the demo and it is the same. How can I make it so that the player cannot freely put an ally anywhere in the map? I've been struggling to execute this and tweaking it but I can still put an ally anywhere in the map. Hope anyone can help me to fix it.

(2) How can I make a neutral entity or a neutral monster that can attack both my party and the enemies..meaning if my party or the enemies are near this monster, it will attack.

Hope you understand my question and that someone can help me. Thank you.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(1) I have a character class where he is using teleportation skill for allies. Yes I know there is a skill where user can teleport an ally but when I choose and select a tile, I can put my ally anywhere..even in the areas where it shouldn't be possible to place anything, the restricted areas. Is this a bug? I checked the demo and it is the same. How can I make it so that the player cannot freely put an ally anywhere in the map? I've been struggling to execute this and tweaking it but I can still put an ally anywhere in the map. Hope anyone can help me to fix it.
Have you tried aoe_options: need_free_cell? Just put it in <letbs> notetags.

TheWorldOfCM

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you Frostorm for your response. I will try it today and let you know if it works. Hopefully because I really don't want to leave LeTBS, I love it. The ally teleportation is important in my game.

Do you know my no. 2 question? Is LeCode still active in this plugin? I really hope he will not abandon this awesome plugin. It has so much potential. I may hire someone who know a lot about this in the near future for my commercial game. I may even donate just for this plugin to continue in development. I really hope LeCode still has an interest in improving it. Thank you.

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If anyone is serious about funding it, count me in too. Maybe if a couple of people chip in, we can get LTBS to be actively maintained again. LeCode himself hasn't said a word in almost a year now...

I definitely need someone to help make the LTBS code more compatible w/ certain SRD & Yanfly plugins.

TheWorldOfCM

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Frostorm.. unfortunately it didn't work. I tried to put that code in the skill but I can still put the battler ally anywhere in the map even the restricted ones. Did you made it work?

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For those i have been using the <Custom Show Eval>
Yea, I just realized that too but ran into a slight issue... Basically, I wanted to create a conditional to check if the skill in question is equipped, and this is what I got so far:
JavaScript:
<Custom Show Eval>
if (!$gameParty.inBattle()) {
  visible = true;
} else if ($gameParty.menuActor().battleSkills().includes(271)) {
  visible = true;
} else {
  visible = false;
}
</Custom Show Eval>
However, $gameParty.menuActor().battleSkills().includes(271) must be incorrect syntax, cuz it's returning false, despite the skill being equipped (proof in console):
1608701158802.png
$gameParty.menuActor().battleSkills() would be the array containing the equipped skills.

Frostorm.. unfortunately it didn't work. I tried to put that code in the skill but I can still put the battler ally anywhere in the map even the restricted ones. Did you made it work?
Can you screenshot the contents of your skill's notebox?

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yea, I just realized that too but ran into a slight issue... Basically, I wanted to create a conditional to check if the skill in question is equipped, and this is what I got so far:
JavaScript:
<Custom Show Eval>
if (!$gameParty.inBattle()) {
  visible = true;
} else if ($gameParty.menuActor().battleSkills().includes(271)) {
  visible = true;
} else {
  visible = false;
}
</Custom Show Eval>
However, $gameParty.menuActor().battleSkills().includes(271) must be incorrect syntax, cuz it's returning false, despite the skill being equipped (proof in console):
View attachment 172404
$gameParty.menuActor().battleSkills() would be the array containing the equipped skills.

Can you screenshot the contents of your skill's notebox?

My work around to this has always been to create blank dummy states that have no icon so they are hidden to the player. Certain skills/ armor /weapons give them as a passive state with YEP autopassive states.

then check for the state as shown below.

<Custom Show Eval>

if(user.isStateAffected(151)) {

visible = true;

} else {

visible = false;

}

</Custom Show Eval>

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game
Update: I finished the combat arena! My goodness, it took a while! There were numerous little bugs to squash.
Maldra wrote on stramin's profile.
Hi regarding the 32 bit -> 64 bit
I am running on a 64 bit windows OS and tried doing this conversion. I converted all of the .exe files that I could find in the KADOKAWA\RPGMV folder using the 4gbpatch.exe file. However, after trying to access RPG Maker MV after this conversion, it simply will not load. Do you have any advice or any ideas?
****ing muscle memory: does anyone else habitually quit out of test play when they notice something they """HAVE""" to fix, in spite of the fact that you can now edit DURING test play?

...thousands of times...

...every day?
Does anyone recognize him? :kaocry:
pwkyiDa.jpg

And hi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuangou