guille1194

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I placed it at the very top lol. ^.^

Edit: Btw, has anyone tried using <Actor Cell: id>? Cuz when I try <Actor Cell: 1> w/ only actor1 in the party, it doesn't let me start the battle, even though the only actor cell is occupied by the only actor in the party...
Hi, yes i just tried to put all the actors in a specific Actor Cell, and the battle doesn't start, im trying to find how to make it works

sergi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys! I'm new here, excuse my english. There is a way with the "passable" tag, only works with the units of one team? For example: The hero's party only can move trough their allies, and enemies can move trough only for enemies. Is that possible? Thanks!

xXLughXx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey what Plugins should I download from this demo to be able to have a tactical battle?

Thanks in advance for answering

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has anyone gotten a Battle Status Menu or Battle Aftermath Menu screen working w/ LTBS?

UniqueName

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Other
nvm solved

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to get custom popups to show in combat? The plugin command LeTBS ShowPopup doesn't work at all. Looking for an alternative solution...thx.

AbstractMan

Forever lost in the Tea Room of Despair
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I am not sure how many bites I am going to get on this, but I am curious to know if anyone has found a way to really mess with the character window on the bottom left corner.

Currently, mine looks like this… Customized and flavorful in all its cyberpunk glory as much as I could.

1626110476092.png

But I am trying to make it look something like this…

1626110485025.png

If I find a way to move things around I think I can do something like a a a picture event…but who knows how Ill transfer health, AP and Ammo bars. Any ideas, folks?

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AbstractMan It's definitely doable, I've done a few minor tweaks on mine but nothing significant yet. Totally on the to-do list though. My plan was to look into MOG_ActorHud.js for some inspiration since it's mostly picture/image-based.

Current state:
1626111070250.png

AbstractMan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That looks so
@AbstractMan It's definitely doable, I've done a few minor tweaks on mine but nothing significant yet. Totally on the to-do list though. My plan was to look into MOG_ActorHud.js for some inspiration since it's mostly picture/image-based.

Current state:
View attachment 195189
That looks excellent! Great work!. I went with a minimalist style using the number below characters to guide turn order as opposed to the overhead portraits which in the long run caused me a lot of grief and bugs over the years. I think I will take a look at that :o

1626116185100.png

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm actually trying to commission an Active Time Battle / Time Progress (Wait) mechanic for the turn order system. As in the kind where you have the portrait icons lined up horizontally sort of like I have now, except they would be moving along that horizontal axis/line to show how soon a unit's turn order is coming up. That way, I can have units act more often than others depending on their Speed stat. Like if a unit is twice as fast as another unit, that unit should be able to act twice a turn. So far no bites yet, unfortunately, lol.

AbstractMan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That sounds like it would be difficult to code!

Interesting way of handling speed, especially if you are limiting character to one action per “turn”. In my game, I removed the one action per turn cap and now characters gain a # of AP per turn, and this AP can be used for a number of things like Skills, picking up items battle items off the ground, sprinting for more movement points etc. Players can use the AP as soon as they get it, or conserve AP for later turns ( max pool is 20). So, a quicker person would get more AP and would thus be able to take more actions than a slower character as no moves automatically end a turn.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, yes that makes sense...I did something similar in the early days of development, but then I changed it so that AP is only used for movement in my project. I simply made it so all skills/actions don't cost AP, but they are limited to a single skill per turn as a result. Then I added something called Bonus Actions, which are things like buffs and utility skills, which don't consume a turn but can only be used once before the Main Action, per turn.

The reason I didn't want to scale actions w/ Speed using AP is cuz the "levers" are too large. As in the minimum difference between a faster and slower unit is at least an entire action, if not more in most cases. So having units that can potentially act several times per turn vs another unit is pretty imbalanced, imo. That's why I relegated AP just for movement lol.

But yea, there are lot's of ways to approach it. That's why LTBS is so awesome cuz it's so flexible!

Edit: Also, I felt that having movement and actions using a shared resource (AP) makes it so ranged units are at an advantage and melee units are at a disadvantage.

Last edited:

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I should prolly have posted here to begin with, you all seem pretty familar with this plugin. Im also trying to modify the battle status window. But im a noob.
help1.PNG
This is what it currently look like and im happy with it but...
help2.PNG
I get this whenever i hover over an enemy or its an enemies turn.
help3.PNG
This is what i did to get the face image instead of battler. But it clearly doesnt work for enemies. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's because enemies aren't actors, thus they don't have an actor's face. You need to put a conditional:
JavaScript:
if (this.isActor()) {
  this.drawActorFace(this._entity.battler(), 0, 0, 100, 100);
}

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Getting this error from your code.
error.PNG

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Getting this error from your code.
Game_Enemy doesn't have an isActor() function, what does have is the Game_Battler (parent of both Enemy and Actor). Your check should be, instead, this._entity.battler().isActor()

Although it would be smarter to create a new battler variable and set it as this._entity.battler() just below line 473, and use that for any Game_Battler checks.

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Game_Enemy doesn't have an isActor() function, what does have is the Game_Battler (parent of both Enemy and Actor). Your check should be, instead, this._entity.battler().isActor()

Although it would be smarter to create a new battler variable and set it as this._entity.battler() just below line 473, and use that for any Game_Battler checks.

That seemed to do the trick :D Thanks both of you!

I was planning on trying to have the enemies have faces too but this coding stuff is such a headache xD

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Where can I edit this window? I cant seem to find it in LeTBSWindow.js nor in rpg.windoes. Also seached for drawActorFace in the other LeTBC plugins but nadda...

dshf..PNG

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Window_TBSPositioning
(drawFace on line 322 of LeTBSWindows.js)

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ellow, me again :p

Has anyone tried making it so actors can be used as enemies? Is that even possible?

Im making many factions that you can choose between, but i also want you to be able to fight those factions.

I can just make enemy versions of them ofc, but enemies have no faces :/ And my battle characters are just bricks to symbolize an army unit.

dd.PNG
I suppose I could use faces as battler image, but its currently not showing any image at all despite having chosen a image to display.
kk.PNG
Do i need to change the code i asked for earlier here?:p

dcsd.PNG

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
finally got footage of my main character running around the main hub world. I've fixed a few things tho even since this video unsurprisingly lol.
 …I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddkovi