Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want enemies to use face graphics, you can make it so the enemy doesn't use "RTP Mode" and instead use a full set of sprites like actors do.

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What am I missing?

<letbs_sprite>
pose(idle): _idle, 1
pose(move): _move, 4
pose(cast): _cast, 1
pose(charge): _cast, 1
pose(atk): _atk, 4
pose(hit): _hit, 1
pose(dead): _dead, 1
pose(turn_start): _victory, 5
pose(victory): _victory, 5
turn_order: auto
status_sprite: auto
</letbs_sprite>

dvsd.PNG

Also made a image for bandit in status folder.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your "Bandit_Cast" should be "Bandit_cast". I think it's case-sensitive. Same w/ "Hit" & "Idle".

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ohh man, I really dont have the eye for details. Still didnt work but i forgot i had completley replaced the
this.drawSprite(); function that used to be there. I added it and now enemies at least have their sprite showing again.

Currently trying to figure out what the function to draw the enemy image is.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Instead of "status_sprite: auto", I think you need to specify the filename like you did w/ the poses. Just a guess...I could be wrong (sry about to go to bed).

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Instead of "status_sprite: auto", I think you need to specify the filename like you did w/ the poses. Just a guess...I could be wrong (sry about to go to bed).

Yeah I have tried that as well. But ill keep trying, good night :p

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anybody know if there's a way to make it so that the characters always pass over the corpses? When walking over a corpse, the battler always passes underneath the corpse, rather than stepping over it. Screenshot_3.jpg

AbstractMan

Forever lost in the Tea Room of Despair
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I am curious if anyone who currently reads this thread had found a way to integrate the priority system or "Taunt". I have been trying to add it to a state but I have been a having hard time getting it to actually work.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's an example of a Taunt skill in the demo project.

NeoRetro

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Pt-Br
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There is a old post from the user Deathasia, mentioning that you can in fact use SideView mode for for short battle animations (in the style of Fire Emblem) but you need Yanfly's plugins for it....
...which ones? Which plugins specifically are needed?

StarMaker

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AbstractMan It's definitely doable, I've done a few minor tweaks on mine but nothing significant yet. Totally on the to-do list though. My plan was to look into MOG_ActorHud.js for some inspiration since it's mostly picture/image-based.

Current state:
View attachment 195189
  • Hello. Can you tell me how to make a TP indicator like yours? I'm not good at scripts and all I could do was give it the same size as HP and MP, but without letters and numbers. And I suppose it is impossible to make the "move point" indicator the same?

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question. Anyone know how to play a single animation for a skill instead of an animation for each enemy hit?

Got a skill black hole im working on. I'd like the animation to play of cursor cell and ONLY cursor cell, however when i use it still plays on everyone. JavaScript from LETBS Config posted below

"black_hole": [
"map_anim: cursor_cell, obj_anim",
"wait: 20",
"effects: {aoe}_battlers, current_obj, obj_anim",
],

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Myers & Sparks Check out the demo project's skill called "Witch's Escape" and look at the Letbs config for that skill for some inspiration. Also, this site is a good reference, if u haven't checked it out already.

On a side note... does anyone know how to make a "Chain Lightning" skill?

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looked at it, doesnt use map animation for its animation call. I'll mess around with it to see if i could use pieces from it.

@Frostorm I can imagine this would be tough one. The first step would be checking if it hit a target tho. Using this

"if: isHit('{aoe}_battlers')",

Maybe the first skill is a lightning strike that targets one person. calls a sequence using JS above.
If true it calls another skill. Lightning(Chained) that does damage in a cross AOE and if that hits it procs chained again.

Just one way to sort it out maybe. Without having to actually check for ever battler and account for proximity.

If not you might have to look into multiple scopes and figuring out how LECODE handled proximity detection and code for that.

Hope this helps...

@Myers & Sparks Check out the demo project's skill called "Witch's Escape" and look at the Letbs config for that skill for some inspiration. Also, this site is a good reference, if u haven't checked it out already.

UPDATE

I got the first part working. Skill map on animation and not on battlers. Have to set animation on skill to none and call a map animation. Java Below.

Still cant get the second part to work. Would like all the battlers to get pulled to the center of the AOE. Cant quite figure it out. Also i've notice LETBS has a problem pushing/pulling multiple battlers if the origin cell isnt user_cell. These are just some observations. Maybe i'm overlooking something after being stuck on this skill all day.

"black_hole": [
"map_anim: cursor_cell, 459",
"pull: {aoe}_battlers, user_cell, $3",
"save_cells: black_hole_select, cursor_cell, shift",
"wait: 180",
"call: black_hole_sup",

],

"black_hole_sup": [
"set_cursor: saved(black_hole_select)",
"effects: {aoe}_battlers, current_obj, obj_anim, 0",
"call: skill_pull",
],

Last edited:

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score

can't download the demo from that site

EDIT: downloaded from OP post#1 instead.. not sure seems like not the latest version

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@xabileug Latest version should be v0.77.2b so lemme know if that's the version u got. I can upload the demo to dropbox or something if needed.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Put it anytime you want a dmg popup to show. For example, DoT effects can use it like so:
JavaScript:
<Custom Regenerate Effect>
var value = 100;
target.gainHp(-value);
BattleManagerTBS.activeEntity().addPopup(value);
</Custom Regenerate Effect>

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Put it anytime you want a dmg popup to show. For example, DoT effects can use it like so:
JavaScript:
<Custom Regenerate Effect>
var value = 100;
target.gainHp(-value);
BattleManagerTBS.activeEntity().addPopup(value);
</Custom Regenerate Effect>

Oh so right in the skill itself. thats really nice to know!

Edit
@Frostorm tried this out couldnt get it working. Tried in multiple js codes in the skill itself as well as the sequence for my skill. I would like to pop tp and mp gain values if possible. I tried the one you have as well as <Custom Execution>

Last edited:

StarMaker

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV

There is a Mana Ball skill in the demo. It should work in a similar way.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I want to learn Javascript to create a custom menu, but I don't really know where to start.
One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LAB00M