Satsain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Gilgameshed thank you very much. That guide really help me to config my game, but now I'm stuck with this error:

Attachments

• Screenshot (20220502-142953).jpg
    Screenshot (20220502-142953).jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 11

Gilgameshed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to make sure you have the proper sprites in the Battlers folder as mentioned in the previous post.

Satsain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im here again, and this time, i have this problem:

Im using the LeRTPUse and always i get this error.

Attachments

• Screenshot (20220504-160908).jpg
    Screenshot (20220504-160908).jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 4

Gilgameshed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There isn't enough information in your post to go by, but taking a guess, you tried to add a new pose without updating the JS file. If so, please see this post: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ical-battle-system-0-77-2b.71572/post-1270969

The only other thing I can think of is that your character does not have the appropriate tags in their notebox section. See the Duran and Angela characters and copy those to get started, only changing one thing at a time until you know what does what.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maaaaaan,

Started working on my code again,
realized I had code that evaluated any sequence in the format of
sequence() or sequence(stuff) as normal,
so this was causing errors with sequences that actually need this
like atk_push(1)
had to edit the code to ignore things that are sequence(#) and sequence(#######......#)
man im a doofus.

This code is a hot mess. but Its something I'll need to fix as I playtest if I plan on ever finishing this 3 game series

Gilgameshed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is something I am worried about as well with all the changes I have been making. Taking some time off from the code monkey bit to spend more time learning how to sprite. After seeing some of the competition on indie dev twitter, I am a little scared tbh. Some of those projects look really good. Hope MV has what it takes to compete, but I worry that with the limitations LeTBS has, making something that stands out is going to be a little difficult. Maybe if MV3D or Ultra Mode 7 were compatible with LeTBS, but from my tests it doesn't appear so, not for UM7 anyways. Not to mention things like verticality either, with MV lacking a z axis..

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to add effect regions (not obstacles) to show up on Tactical Mode?

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to add effect regions (not obstacles) to show up on Tactical Mode?
Might be easy enough for me to whip something up given some time.
If we're talking about non-obstacle tiles that were given a flag for an effect, then it shouldn't be too hard to make it show up purple or something in tactical mode.

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Might be easy enough for me to whip something up given some time.
If we're talking about non-obstacle tiles that were given a flag for an effect, then it shouldn't be too hard to make it show up purple or something in tactical mode.

That would be super useful! Sort of surprised it's not something baked into LeTBS already.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has anyone had any luck setting skills up without them leading back to the Skill Type menu upon being cancelled from the scope selection?

With the standard attack skill, when you start targeting an enemy and cancel out, it brings you directly back to the Move | Attack | Skill| Scan menu, however if you are to say add the skill "Quickdraw" or "Double Swing" directly to the character's abilities next to Move | Attack | Skill | Scan, and cancel out from the scope selection, it brings you back to the Skill Type menu, and in the case of a skill not having a Skill Type, brings you to a blank menu instead. This is also the case with the Fire skill that Angela has in the demo. For the sake of aesthetics, it would be much better to return you directly to the Move | Attack | Skill | Scan menu.

Any ideas?
Omg, I actually got what you described working several months ago. However, I kind of forgot what edits I made to get that functionality... But, I'll let you know as soon as I remember, lol.

On another note, does anyone know how to create a slippery/ice tile in the form of a Mark or Tile Effect?

Also, welcome back @Pharonix! I missed ya, lol. I also just got back into RM after a ~2 month hiatus. You can ignore the plethora of DMs I sent you btw. I was able to fix more or less the issues I DM'd you about, it just took me a while, heh.

Btw, is anyone interested in working with me in developing a CTB system for LeTBS? I've pretty much figured out what to manipulate in LeTBS.js. It's the rest I'm having a hard time with...

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has anyone implemented elemental terrain effects in their game? Like in Triangle Strategy, where you can set tiles on fire. The Burning tiles can then be doused by Ice attacks that turn them into puddles of water. Puddles can then conduct Lightning attacks so that anyone standing on connected puddles takes damage. Puddles can also be Frozen via Ice attacks, causing a slow.

StarMaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I've been trying to build passive directional damage skills through the Yanflay plugin. Doesn't work.
Anyone worked with this? I mean "back_dmg_bonus" and all its variants. This should work because "move_points+: number" is working fine.

ultraed

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello community ... you can put side battles like SRW

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Mixing different pixi filters over a picture. :MV3:

lumina_in_space.jpg

I don't know if my game dev skills are improving... But my waifu making ones sure are. :LZSwink:
Who wants to solve a riddle from my game?
"I prayed for her to lay down her worldly habit and accept the invitation to change her life forever." From lost to found. From past to present, From frown to smile. From the way people treat her as nothing but something to say wow about. From faithless to faithful. From something no one wants to something valuable, someone will respect and love. Thank you, Jesus.
Two new amazing plugins from @NhatNguyen! Footsteps & Stamina. Video on Twitter showcasing:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiamat