autophagy

tank nerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tomozow @Chaosicaa Actually it seems like any event with a parallel or autorun trigger on the map will crash the battle system, at least from what I saw in my own tests so far.

Also two other things I noticed when I did some more advanced testing yesterday:
  1. Using the battle system's built in "battle_end" trigger for events (the one you put into the comments on the event page) should run them after the battle is over, right? I tried to use this, and it seems like the event is actually run before the battle processing is really over? If you use this trigger and put for example a player transfer into the event, the game will "freeze" (without throwing an error). Just displaying text works fine. I haven't been able to figure out another way to automatically get the player back onto the actual map from the battle map after the battle is over. Is there a proper/intended way to do anything after the battle ends?
  2. When making custom sequences, there is the "f: string" option for the damage ("obj") of the "effects" command...However, it apparently doesn't work. It throws an error in the console. I tried to put something like f: 100, but it gave me the error. Maybe I'm using it wrong? Otherwise I believe this may be a bug. "skill_ID" doesn't seem to be working either, or again I am using it wrong. I tried to put something like skill_19 or skill_0019, but neither worked.

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Tomozow: It should be ok now.
I've just released an hotfix.
Code:
# - 0.7c : Fixed a bug where deleted events could make the game crash
#          The battle window layer isn't affected by the screen filters anymore
#          Victory branches are now correctly supported
#          The command window stay closed at the battle end

When making custom sequences, there is the "f: string" option for the damage ("obj") of the "effects" command...However, it apparently doesn't work. It throws an error in the console. I tried to put something like f: 100, but it gave me the error. Maybe I'm using it wrong? Otherwise I believe this may be a bug. "skill_ID" doesn't seem to be working either, or again I am using it wrong. I tried to put something like skill_19 or skill_0019, but neither worked.
Right...It was a pending feature and I actually forgot to implement it.

@autophagy :
Using the battle system's built in "battle_end" trigger for events (the one you put into the comments on the event page) should run them after the battle is over, right? I tried to use this, and it seems like the event is actually run before the battle processing is really over? If you use this trigger and put for example a player transfer into the event, the game will "freeze" (without throwing an error)
It's intended. The events labeled with "battle_end" actually run just before the battle scene is closed. It can be used for instance to revive an enemy, or add enemies on the field, for the sake of the scenario. (These commands will be added later)
To actually execute an event when the battle is over, just proceed like usual. Call the event commands you want just after the Battle processing command.

Last edited:

Tomozow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much Lecode.
All my problems were solved! :)

Mythforger

Tactical Fanatic
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I had been using the previous version of this in my project. However, after I updated to this current version I've been getting an error whenever an actor or enemy dies.

f269b29cc3f09d2a184fc3e660afcd39.png

I made sure to turn off all of my other plugins, except Yanfly's Core Engine and Battle Engine Core, and ended up with the same results.

After that I turned off all of Yanfly's scripts as well as your patch for them. This time, when an actor/enemy died, it produced this error:

7230f7c6faf7d79cde68a79f3d3ad99e.png

I'm not quite sure whats going on, because I replaced all of the previous version's stuff with the demo files of the current version. The previous one worked perfectly fine (aside from my game camera not centering on the player after the battle). Am I just overlooking something?

Also is there any documentation, or any specific setup of the smooth map scroll plugin? I tried using it but it gave me this error as soon as I launch a battle:

a3fdd5e6914727eb6ef6cd004be1ac87.png

Anyways that's all I've experienced so far as far as bugs go. If I come across anything else I'll let you know.

autophagy

tank nerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's intended. The events labeled with "battle_end" actually run just before the battle scene is closed. It can be used for instance to revive an enemy, or add enemies on the field, for the sake of the scenario. (These commands will be added later)
To actually execute an event when the battle is over, just proceed like usual. Call the event commands you want just after the Battle processing command.
Ah I see! Thanks, that definitely makes things easier for me.

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Also is there any documentation, or any specific setup of the smooth map scroll plugin? I tried using it but it gave me this error as soon as I launch a battle:
You probably do not have Rhyme's plugin.
I'll check about the battle log error, really strange. Are your plugins in the same order as the ones in the demo ?

Mythforger

Tactical Fanatic
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, they're in the same order as the demo. Do you need my project files?

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This plugin is just too yummy :D Where is the section that explains the summon tags? Can't seem to find it.

Last Edit:

I used Ice Prison on an enemy and when it got to their turn, this is the error I received:
LEerror.png

I'm not sure if this is caused by the ice prison or because I clicked a specific event tile. I have noticed my game will error if I accidentally click an empty green deployment tile right after I set an actor down in a rush.

Last edited:

MinesharkGaming

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png

I got this error. It only happens when I have an item of any sort so... any ideas on how to fix it?

Chaosicaa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
@MinesharkGaming
That's weird, it does happen only in your project or in the tbs demo as well? (if it happens in letbs demo, you should try to download it again, if it is in your game only, it might be a plugin compatibility issue)

@moldy
In the demo, Lucius can summon a wind spirit try to look the skill (ID number 64)
In the script : LeTBSConfig.js, there is a section for summon:

"wind_spirit": {
active: true,
turn_order: "after_caster",
visible_in_timeline: true,
type: "user_playable",
kind: "actor",
id: 10,
tied_to_caster: true,
stats: {
default: "90%",
mhp: "70%",
mmp: "+10%"
}
},

And yes, the ice prison is bugged actually :/

So basically, this sequence will summon the actor with the ID 10 in the database
In the skill ID 64 in the database, there is this line :

<letbs>
scope: circle(2)
scope_options: need_free_cell
sequence: summon(wind_spirit)
</letbs>
<letbs_AI>
type: summon
</letbs_AI>
Range 2, needs a free cell, it will use the sequence : wind spirit (in LeTBSConfig) and will use the IA of a summon

@Mythforger
Did you imported your files into the new tbs demo or imported the new tbs demo into you project?
You should try the other way around, if it stills do not work you can pm me a demo if you want, I'll try to see what's wrong!

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@MinesharkGaming
That's weird, it does happen only in your project or in the tbs demo as well? (if it happens in letbs demo, you should try to download it again, if it is in your game only, it might be a plugin compatibility issue)

@moldy
In the demo, Lucius can summon a wind spirit try to look the skill (ID number 64)
In the script : LeTBSConfig.js, there is a section for summon:

"wind_spirit": {
active: true,
turn_order: "after_caster",
visible_in_timeline: true,
type: "user_playable",
kind: "actor",
id: 10,
tied_to_caster: true,
stats: {
default: "90%",
mhp: "70%",
mmp: "+10%"
}
},

And yes, the ice prison is bugged actually :/

Oooo I see now. Thanks so much for the reply. LOVE your work so far. SO much promise in such a small amount of time. :) Do you guys have anything planned for charmed units that fight on your side temporarily? Or controlling their actions temporarily? :D

Mythforger

Tactical Fanatic
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Chaosicaa That seemed to do the trick. I noticed that there was another animation that played on death, which never had a chance to play on my main project. Not sure if that was the cause of the problem, but so far the issue seems to be resolved. Thanks.

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Chaosicaa

Oh also one more question, I notice with Yanfly's Class plugin my characters will have all their learned skills of different skill types/classes mashed into their current class's skill type list (i.e Fire Skill Type and Ice Skill Type and others are all mashed into Fire Skill Type list in the command window). Will the command window allow us to have more than one skill type from their subclasses while omitting skill types they're not currently classed in?

Franci

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone, my question is to know if I am doing something wrong.
That the commands attack, magic, pass, etc. Not located where I have the character, sorry for my bad English and thanks for continuing with this great plugin.
Here some images in case I do not understand me at all :rswt

And also how can I see the range of attack of the enemy?
Thanks.

Chaosicaa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
@moldy

I don't think it is possible yet but in a future update you will be able to customize battle commands for each actors so if your actor can use pyromancy and cryomancy, I guess you will be able to create a new skill category for the actor : ice/fire and hide the 2 other category in battle.

@Franci

I do not know how you produced the first screenshot it looks like the actor should not be there. A bug?

the battle command is above the actor by default but if you want to lock it at the top left by example you just have to change this part of the script (LeTBSWindows.js) line 549 :

Window_TBSCommand.prototype.update = function () {
Window_Command.prototype.update.call(this);
if (this._entity) {
var x = this._entity._posX - this.windowWidth() / 2;
var y = this._entity._posY - this.windowHeight();
this.x = x + this._entity.width() / 2;
this.y = y;
if (this.y < 0)
this.y += this.windowHeight();
while (this.x < 0)
this.x++;
while ((this.x + this.width) > Graphics.width)
this.x--;
}
};

By :

Window_TBSCommand.prototype.update = function () {
Window_Command.prototype.update.call(this);
if (this._entity) {
var x = 0;//this._entity._posX - this.windowWidth() / 2;
var y = 50;//this._entity._posY - this.windowHeight();
this.x = x;// + this._entity.width() / 2;
this.y = y;
/*
if (this.y < 0)
this.y += this.windowHeight();
while (this.x < 0)
this.x++;
while ((this.x + this.width) > Graphics.width)
this.x--;
*/
}
};

If you want to lock it somewhere else you just have to change var x = ... and var y = ... to fit your game resolution and position

And I do not know how to see the enemy ranges, if it not possible yet it would be a nice thing to add : )

mpurnell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
for some reason i cant duplicate unless i start a whole project from scratch. im sure theres something small ive missed, but ive pretty much just copied everything from the demo. if i remove all enemy cells and just have actor cells, i get the Position error when clicking on an actor, if i have enemy cells, i get an extra as soon as the map loads.

upload_2017-6-6_14-58-33.png

upload_2017-6-6_14-59-34.png

upload_2017-6-6_15-0-13.png

the bottom error is the same when i add enemy event cells.

i have added all enemies/actors as
actor:
<letbs>
use_character
auto_turn_order_face
auto_status_sprite
</letbs>

enemy:
<letbs>
auto_turn_order_face
auto_status_sprite
character_name: Monster
character_index: 0
</letbs>

i just cant seem to initiate or even place anything or get passed this error

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-6_14-58-0.png
    upload_2017-6-6_14-58-0.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 3

Chaosicaa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello @mpurnell
To start a battle, the map needs and enemy event AND an actor event, are you sure to have both?

<Actor Cell> in the event comment box
<Enemy Cell> in the event comment box

If you are sure to have both, then you should try starting your project from the LeTBS demo : )

Cloned

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Would it be possible to use with with a random map generator?

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey It's been a while.

I need to download the new version but a few things before I do:

1). How would I set a flag to event (Enemy or ally position) that if they die, you get a game over?
2). Can I make enemies that will only attack enemies (or neutral enemies) I want to create a scenario where you assist 2 other units, and if either dies, you get game over.

Would it be possible to use with with a random map generator?
I don't think you can unless the generator can rearrange events that you can, in advance, place the necessary ally and enemy tags in.

Ronivan

Ser Roni
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's possible to increase the battle frame rates? I think the animation is kinda slow for me, I looked out of this in the configuration and found no clue about it.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Update to the Bootleg YS Battle system. Butt-stabbing is now a thing.
If you hit a monsters back, that hit does triple damage and the monster doesn't hit you; however the monster will immediately turn to face you. Also, figured out how to make Bombs, Sling-shot, a Hammer, and a Saw if you didn't see my previous video. Also made Teleportation circles and a warp whistle.
Wow! This game may be one of the best Maker games I've ever seen! Come hang out with us while Drifty and I experience this masterpiece:LZSjoy:
The team and I are taking a 2 month break from Evergloom (now in it's second year of development) to enter a Gamejam! We work pretty well together now so hopefully we can create something cool.

We've decided on a village idle game, because of the Jam's themes!! It's exciting to be working on something new!g11.gif
New Free Music! This is an epic orchestral called "Break These Chains." I think I posted a preview of it awhile back, but now it's finally available to download and use!

I hope everyone enjoys!
Recently played OneShot and it's reminded me how a game doesn't need to be very long or have a big complex story or gameplay to be good and interesting. It's a RPG Maker game that does unconventional things I would never dare trying to do but it's a cool one nevertheless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdajbhdhavbwdhajkshd