Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes it is the same map, but if I have the group get teleported to a separate map and then start the battle on that map it still bugs out
mmhmm.

I had a few issues with autorun events and parallel events myself. It would hang up in an endless cycle of reloading the battle. It was bad.

Without actually seeing the progression and interaction of events, it makes it hard to actually debug your game.

Ygdrassill

Game dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
mmhmm.

I had a few issues with autorun events and parallel events myself. It would hang up in an endless cycle of reloading the battle. It was bad.

Without actually seeing the progression and interaction of events, it makes it hard to actually debug your game.
Hmmm I see, well the game itself isnt very long, you can play thru it up to the battle that bugs out in about 10 minutes, is there anything I can send you to maybe help out without having to send the full game? Unless u just want me to link u the game so far.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmmm I see, well the game itself isnt very long, you can play thru it up to the battle that bugs out in about 10 minutes, is there anything I can send you to maybe help out without having to send the full game? Unless u just want me to link u the game so far.
Playing through it, unfortunately wouldn't help. The issue here seems like there's an event on the map that is causing the game to hang.

What you could do is send me the map data for the battle map, I'll load it into my project and see what's going on.

Ygdrassill

Game dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Playing through it, unfortunately wouldn't help. The issue here seems like there's an event on the map that is causing the game to hang.

What you could do is send me the map data for the battle map, I'll load it into my project and see what's going on.
Alright cool Ill do that then, I appreciate the help a lot ^^

hmnut

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am late to the game and having trouble following along with 'the document.' I am sure this is due to my lack of knowledge of back end/coding type stuff. But if a newbie may make one minor suggestion. In the demo attach a working game project.

The ability to reverse engineer a game is a great way to learn the mechanics.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am late to the game and having trouble following along with 'the document.' I am sure this is due to my lack of knowledge of back end/coding type stuff. But if a newbie may make one minor suggestion. In the demo attach a working game project.

The ability to reverse engineer a game is a great way to learn the mechanics.
as far as "Game" goes, no
It has a couple battle maps and many skills to get you started.

ShellFlare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there any way to skip the targeting part of a skill?

For example I have a skill call Sprint which allows my character to gain a state that gives extra move points for the turn, so that they can move farther when selecting the move command.

However I use the skill then I have to select myself to sprint. is there any way to make it instant cast?

Rem Rem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure what I did but this happens every time I start a battle now. I was playing around with the config file when this happened so I hit control z to undo everything but it still does this. :(

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    405.9 KB · Views: 16

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure what I did but this happens every time I start a battle now. I was playing around with the config file when this happened so I hit control z to undo everything but it still does this. :(

Check line 260 in the config.
If you don't use it, get notepad ++

if that looks fine, look for anything close to where you were playing around. There might be a missing/misplaced comma or quote or something.

Rem Rem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check line 260 in the config.
If you don't use it, get notepad ++

if that looks fine, look for anything close to where you were playing around. There might be a missing/misplaced comma or quote or something.

Thank you! I honestly couldn't see what was wrong with what I added but I took it all out and it works again.

Kaillys

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, I just found this today and it looks amazing. I keep getting an error when trying to set up a battle to see if it works, though. It keeps giving me Type Error: Undefined is not a function. No idea what that means.

Chaosicaa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello @Kaillys
Your error message is very vague so we can not understand what is wrong.
The best thing you can do is to start from the demo :

1) Create a new project
2) Download the tbs files
3) Copy all your files into your new fresh project (replace files if asked)
4) You are ready!

Kaillys

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So you're saying to use the demo as a baseline and just build my project off of that? Alright, then. I'll give it a shot.

Do you know if it's possible to make enemies that are larger than 1 space on the grid? Just asking for future reference.

Kaillys

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I copied the general structure of the demo for setting up battles and I'm still getting the same error. Here's a screenshot of the event that I set up to trigger the battle. The map it transfers to is just a simple map, like the ones in the demo, with some water and trees to test the line of sight type stuff and a spawn point for the two enemies and one for the player. Still giving me "Undefined is not a function."

https://i.gyazo.com/93c93227eeadb9626a210ef437203705.png

EDIT: I also grabbed this screenshot, if it helps.

https://i.gyazo.com/a4aaa04ca3bfed8dc3de028beac4d8b9.png

Last edited:

Tewth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @Lecode !

So, I wanted to start off somewhere and decided I would try to load the demo through creating a brand new project, simply copying and pasting the content from the Demo download into said new projects folder.

Great, replaced all the files with the existing ones, all the maps and everything seems to have loaded fine upon opening the project...

However when I press the playtest button I get the error shown in my first attachment.

Here is the Console Error message, It won't let me edit this message and upload another file for whatever reason, so you can find it here.

I've since tried messing with a few things to try to get it to work, but after reading through the minimal configuration Doc and all of the information provided at the GitHub, I still have no idea how to fix this.

Any help for this would be greatly appreciated, I am dying to try this out. It has exactly what I have been searching for with a combat system!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-08-13 11.16.41.png
    Screenshot 2017-08-13 11.16.41.png
    8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sadly I don't have time to read through 32 pages for the answer... Is this battle system compatible with the standard one... Say I want the TACTIC system being done on an "army scale". Would that be pausible?

Just curious. No plans at this time. Thanks.

onipunk

Archmage of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sadly I don't have time to read through 32 pages for the answer... Is this battle system compatible with the standard one... Say I want the TACTIC system being done on an "army scale". Would that be pausible?

Just curious. No plans at this time. Thanks.

Yup, there's a plugin command to turn LeTBS On and Off so you can switch between your standard system and LeTBS as you wish.

Tewth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tewth @Kaillys
I uploaded a 0.75 tbs demo with full RTP here, it should work! Just extract it with winrar : )
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5j0dn2nbuymch9/075 Demo.rar?dl=0

Thank you so much for this @Chaosicaa ! Downloaded and it runs fairly well from what i've tested so far!

One issue I am having is that I am unable to access the inventory inside of a battle, I get:

TypeError
Cannot read property 'leTbs_scopeData' of null

rpg_managers.js:1756 TypeError: Cannot read property 'leTbs_scopeData' of null
at TBSEntity.getObjectScopeData (LeTBS.js:8048)
at Function.BattleManagerTBS.makeItemScope (LeTBS.js:3048)
at Function.BattleManagerTBS.drawItemScope (LeTBS.js:3053)
at Function.BattleManagerTBS.previewObjectScope (LeTBS_Commands.js:365)
at Window_TBSItemList.updateHelp (LeTBS_Commands.js:326)
at Window_TBSItemList.selectLast (LeTBS_Commands.js:333)
at Window_TBSItemList.Window_BattleItem.show (rpg_windows.js:5702)
at Scene_Battle.showItemWindow (LeTBS.js:1227)
at Function.BattleManagerTBS.processCommandItem (LeTBS.js:3023)
at Function.BattleManagerTBS.onCommandInput (LeTBS.js:2793)

Any thoughts how to fix this?

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Your plug-in provides some amazing potential for making games ;) Thank you! Unfortunately...

I second that error, when trying to access "Items".

Also when I try to access "Special" of Harold:

Code:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'leTbs_scopeData' of null
    at TBSEntity.getObjectScopeData (LeTBS.js:8048)
    at Function.BattleManagerTBS.makeSkillScope (LeTBS.js:3005)
    at Function.BattleManagerTBS.drawSkillScope (LeTBS.js:3010)
    at Function.BattleManagerTBS.previewObjectScope (LeTBS_Commands.js:361)
    at Window_TBSSkillList.updateHelp (LeTBS_Commands.js:309)
    at Window_TBSSkillList.selectLast (LeTBS_Commands.js:316)
    at Window_TBSSkillList.Window_BattleSkill.show (rpg_windows.js:5670)
    at Scene_Battle.showSkillWindow (LeTBS.js:1215)
    at Function.BattleManagerTBS.processCommandSkill (LeTBS.js:2980)
    at Function.BattleManagerTBS.onCommandInput (LeTBS.js:2790)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another thumb update. The nail is beginning to break away, along with the aforementioned hard and blackened dead skin. The final join has regained some of its flexibility, tho it's a bit stiff after being held still for so long. The very tip of my thumb has a strange dry and somewhat tingly feeling to it when I touch it to something, but at least it isn't numb. I am so ready for this to be over. :o
Can I get away with calling a "shortsword" a dagger and not a sword?
So here's the full cycles, I'm not so familiar with actually animating and giving motion so any observation on that matter would be really helpful! :kaoswt:
EfGHbLh.gif

Just now I realized I didn't scale it up so its smol...
I wanna make a YouTube video about reviewing a game, but I don't know what RPG Maker game I should play...
Guarii wrote on TSR's profile.
I want to create a OneShot style inventory. Without having the weapons and armor sections. Just the items. How can I do this?
images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dracodfs