Lecode Tactical Battle System 0.77.2B

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Lecode, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Rem Rem

Rem Rem Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What is the new green bar underneath the mana cost? I noticed the little bars under that for move points but I have no idea what the green bar that fills up is.

2. Chaosicaa

Chaosicaa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    @Rem Rem Actually, the green bar is the TP bar (Yeah the TP bar is shown now in the 0.76 version)!
    For example :
    It is very cool because if you want to create something like an overdrive skill it is compatible with yanfly enhanced TP and you can do something like :

Default mode : 1
    Default unlocks : 1
    Mode 1 Regen TP : 20
    So each turn the player will earn 20 tp and on turn 5, the player will have 100 TP and will be able to lunch an ultimate attack depending of the player class! (of course, you can use this bar as you like)

And the little vertical bars are the Movement points of the player (3 bars = 3 move points left and so on)!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Lecode and Rem Rem like this.
  3. Pharonix

Pharonix Shadow Walker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think a solution would be a feature that lets a mark / tile effect force the turn to end

4. BottleCapGames

BottleCapGames Eventing Overlord Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, I recently made a cooking skill that can be used to get a random food item. It uses a common event, so will it work with LeTBS? I wasn't sure if common events worked with it.

5. moldy

moldy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is there a way to make states manipulate a battler's frame rate? Like a slow status would slow their frame rate so they appear slow. And a stop/sleep would make them idle.

6. Rem Rem

Rem Rem Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Currently common events do not work in battles with LeTBS. Lecode addressed this and will do a quick fix soon. Please take time to read a page or two ahead before posting. So far both of your posts have been answered in the previous few pages. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just saying it would save yourself time.

7. BottleCapGames

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rem Rem Thanks. I saw the previous post regarding common events, I was confused though. Sorry!

8. glaucozilla

glaucozilla Villager Member

First Language:
    Italiano
    Heya! i'm back and working!

I started to make some sprites and stuff and i'm ready to work on my project.

Now there are a few questions:

1) Attack

Can i set the attack of a single character become some SKILL ?
    So i can manage them better. I'm not going to be using weapons and such

2) Commands
    I'd love to have these commands

Move Attack Skill Guard Pass

Some characters have multiple skills, while others just one, so by selecting the "skill" it will use a skill without selecting it.
    How can i do that?

3) Guard
    How can i make the guard work? Should i make a sequence with the animation loop? or should a make a state which changes the pose?

9. BottleCapGames

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @glaucozilla Try this. I'm not sure if it will work, but maybe just try it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Under the Note tab of the skill you want to have automatically selected, write: Skill #x will be used when you select the y command.
    X = Skill ID Y = Command Name
    Hopefully this works for you.

10. Utopiablue

Utopiablue Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I hope Lecode comes up with something. I have tried making a mark that would apply a status effect that would prevent moving but the enemy A.I. still wants to follow through with its action. Tried it with the "One Time Move" set to true and for false. At least when it is set to false it won't stall the game. But I think its safe to say that snaring an enemy is broken.

11. Pharonix

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For 1 and 3 it is easy using the letbs commands.
    Basically you give a heading Skill: 1 instead of the default attack for the character with 1 attack.
    For characters with mutliple skills, you make sure they have the skills marker

Here's notetags from my no attack character - I use weapon-based attack modifyers

<letbs_commands>
    move 82, skills 64, [extra], pass 84
    </letbs_commands>
    This gives him move, any state/weapon/armor granted skills, and his normal skills list as well as pass.

for a character without skills, and only attack,
    <letbs_commands>
    move 82, skill[1], [extra], pass 84
    </letbs_commands>
    This will give move, the skill with ID 1 (by default it's the regular attack) and pass

As for those specific commands
    <letbs_commands>
    move 82, attack 76, skills 64, skill[2], pass 84
    </letbs_commands>
    This will give him move, attack, skills, guard (By skill ID) and pass.
    If you want to use the above, replace "attack 76"
    with skill[X] or skill[Y] etc where X and Y are the id's of the skill in the database (In the case you want a character to have a different default attack.

Let me know if you need any help with these.

Lecode, Rem Rem and Chaosicaa like this.
  12. glaucozilla

glaucozilla Villager Member

First Language:
    Italiano
    Thanks! But what about the "guarding animation" ? how can i do that?

13. Chaosicaa

Chaosicaa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hello all, I just wanted to share something I did with the last TBS version, the 0.76A (Sorry for my extremely bad mapping, that is my first iso map ever and it was mainly tile based (a very bad idea for isometric but now I know!))

It is very difficult and time consuming, this is not fully supported yet!
    Do not try it with your main project but with a new one!
    If you really want to use this system, it is better to wait until it is fully supported, because now it is not ready at all!

Here is the Tile A5 if you want to try: (white, can walk and shoot, blue can not walk but can shoot tile 249, blocks can not walk and can not shoot tile250)
    ISOA5.png
    This template is a 48x48, the default rpgmaker mv tile size but you can create your own template easily because isometric tile width is tile height x 2 and Shaz script change tile size is supported (and you will need it anyway even if you do not change your tile size)!

ISOtest.png

TBSISO.png

You will need some iso resources like theses :
    IsoGRASSa5.png

Since rpgmaker is not made for this kind of tile, you will need diagonal movement script and modify shaz change tile script like this:

Find the line :
    Game_Map.prototype.tileWidth = function() {
    return tileSize;
    };

And replace by
    Game_Map.prototype.tileWidth = function() {
    return tileSize*2;
    };

If you do that, the editor won't show you anymore the tile you used but some other (if will make you go insane) so there is an other way, do not change that and map like you usually do, then when your map is ready, screenshot it and use it like a parallax.

For the battle you will have to change the way LeTBS handle cross scope like this :
    At line 3910 (for me) find :

for (var i = start; i <= range; i++) {
    cells.push(this.getCellAt(x + i, y + i));
    cells.push(this.getCellAt(x + i, y - i));
    cells.push(this.getCellAt(x - i, y + i));
    cells.push(this.getCellAt(x - i, y - i));
    }

and replace by
    for (var i = start; i <= range; i++) {
    cells.push(this.getCellAt(x + i, y + i/2));
    cells.push(this.getCellAt(x + i, y - i/2));
    cells.push(this.getCellAt(x - i, y + i/2));
    cells.push(this.getCellAt(x - i, y - i/2));
    }
    Then, give all your characters diagonal movement by default.

Then, you will have to change the tile size to adapt, either you make it 2 times bigger or you let it the same but you use shaz tile changer and halve your tile size (will be useful for battles) if you do not do that, you will get an odd position half the time with your tileset so your character will be "right in the tile separation" when moving.

You will also have to use a diagonal movement script and modify it to adapt with the new system!

If you have any question about this, you can PM me : )

Cr3ated, Lecode, Tewth and 3 others like this.
  14. Pharonix

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You would need to use "POSES"

https://lecodemv.github.io/leTBS/graphics.html

I do not know if there is support for "guard" yet.
    -EDIT: I tried but guard does not seem to be compatible.

EDIT:
    @Chaosicaa That is amazing

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  15. Pharonix

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    New Post because new information.

When Setting up a skill animation
    DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE USE SCREEN.
    This will crash the game.
    Setting it to Feet Head or Center works fine. Since the animation will then play based on the target.

Rem Rem and BottleCapGames like this.
  16. hc phoenix

hc phoenix Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So are actors and enemies tied to the cell events they spawn from? For example, if EV001 is an <Actor_Cell> and the actor that spawns there moves, does EV001 follow it? If so that is/would be pretty handy for stuff like a Map Picture overlaying a character or setting a movement route for a character (though I also see how that could easily lead to bugs or crashes; still, I want my conveyor belts and ice floors, you know?). It's one of those things that seems small but provides a lot of flexibility/power, like skills calling Common Events.

Edit: This isn't as important but I've also been wondering about skills that play with regions and terrain tags and whether they're currently possible or planned for the future.
    • Skills that only work in and/or don't extend past a given terrain tag. (For example, I'm interested in having the electric spells in my game call a followup skill through a common event that hits everyone standing in water tiles connected to where the skill landed; so if there are a bunch of enemies standing in a shallow pool of water and you hit one with a lightning bolt, they'd all get shocked. Another example is Geo Tiles in the Disgaea games, where there would be the equivalent of neutral entities with aura effects that would spread across tiles of the same "color." A third example is a fire spell that only summons a neutral "Fire" entity if used on terrain with a tag marking it as grass; that Fire entity could have a Summon spell that spawns more fire entities on adjacent tiles marked as grass, letting the fire spread across the terrain over time.)
    • Terrain tags that have effects on the people standing on them, similar to Auras or Marks. (For example, a map could have a balcony with a terrain tag marking it as high ground, which lets me set up states so that anyone standing up there has a Dexterity bonus against people who don't have the "High Ground" state. Another example is
    • I'm guessing this isn't currently possible, but terrain tags or regions that take extra Movement Points to cross, like webs or mud, would be pretty neat.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  17. Pharonix

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unfortunately, no. It seems all <Actor Cell> and <Enemy Cell> events are unaffected. You would need to find another way.
    I did also try setting variables to ev001 (My first player's cell) and when i printed the result (From a step 1 diagonal, it showed 7,9
    but the touch event was set to 8,10 So as far as the System can tell, EV001 technically never moved.

18. hc phoenix

hc phoenix Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, that's unfortunate. Thanks for looking into it, though. I can try to hack stuff together with existing features (knockback and animation abuse, mostly), but I'll probably just put it on the backburner in case it becomes the subject of a future release.

19. Rem Rem

Rem Rem Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @hc phoenix Could you possibly make a little symbol and clarify to the player in a tutorial what it means? So an example would be like a small black triangle that is still big enough to see but not take up too much space. Then use that as a permanent mark on a tile, so that the player will see it and recognize that that means high ground. When they step onto it, it will apply the high ground state. I definitely think terrain tags will look way better but this could be a temporary solution.

20. nerochepiace

nerochepiace Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    italian
    A good idea will be a compatibility with Yanfly combat sys, one that will pernit to switch from ctb to tbs inside a project (remember suikoden)?