ShawnBaxe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. I placed a total 8 of events - 4 have the notetag <Actor Cell> and 4 <Enemy Cell>. My actor "group" for testing consisted of 1 character and I had a 2-enemy troop for the encounter.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. I placed a total 8 of events - 4 have the notetag <Actor Cell> and 4 <Enemy Cell>. My actor "group" for testing consisted of 1 character and I had a 2-enemy troop for the encounter.
Looking at the stack trace, it looks like an enemy positioning issue.

You could always send over the map data
Unless its a huge map.

ShawnBaxe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I appreciate your help, mate. I hope the map data JSON turns out to be useful in this case :)

Attachments

• Map007.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 2

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I appreciate your help, mate. I hope the map data JSON turns out to be useful in this case :)
I don't see any issues with that map.

can you send a screenshot of the battle map call event? The event where you transfer the player?

ShawnBaxe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Of course. Here's a screenshot of the event...

Attachments

• RMMV_TBS_CallEvent.jpg
    RMMV_TBS_CallEvent.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 14

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Of course. Here's a screenshot of the event...
I don't see anything wrong with that.

Can you send me the enemy data - the noteboxes of the enemies that the player fights.
PM me, so we don't flood this thread.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lecode

I want to make a skill where character faces target,
jumps backwards 2 cells, charges forward 1 and unleashes an aoe

XXX
XXX
XXX
XSX - starts in middle here
XXX
C -charges to here from J
J - Jumps here from S

hc phoenix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A bunch of miscellaneous questions here.

I just watched a Mago make a Mago's Mark where he was standing, walk off and back onto it, and die in the resulting blast. It was spectacular to watch. Does the AI understand when there are marks or tile effects it should be avoiding?

I know how to set up Actors as friendly AIs, but is it possible to set up Actors to act as enemies? Here's what I have in mind that would probably necessitate "enemy actors":
  • Enemies have equipment that affects them just like the player characters. Both the player characters and enemies have skills that unequip target equipment slots, e.g. there's a skill tied to Whip weapons called "Disarm" that just unequips the target's weapon.
  • There is a player character skill that applies a state to a target allowing the player to take control of it, not just "switching it to your side" but actually treating it as a character you can control like a party member or summon. After the state is removed, the target goes back to being an enemy actor.
If "enemy actors" are possible to set up using Actor Cells and AI tags then it should be straightforward enough to set up a dummy enemy troop with win conditions based on which actors are alive.

Is there an easy way to have Database Skill Messages display in the Battle Log just like they do in the default battle system? I can understand why it was removed, but I have cute flavor text for skills that I want to add back in. (Showing "Wave Hello" at the top of the screen just isn't the same as "(User Name) waves hello!")

Thanks, sorry this is a lot in one post.

Edit: And here is even more (sorry again!):

How does Magic Reflection work in the TBS? Is it supported at all?

Has anyone tested Yanfly's Counter Control with the TBS? Do skill scopes become an issue? The TBS opens up options like monks who can throw projectiles back at their attackers and stuff and I'm pretty excited about it if it's possible.

Last edited:

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
And teleport doesn't work on an actor that was summoned.
Noted.

Is there a way to save the attack type, and involved entities as a variable or set of variables (as in when selecting an enemy to use a skill or basic attack on), and instead of playing the animation out on the battle scene, call a common event to allow me to call a custom animation? I would think the jankiest way I could accomplish this is pass a variable for the attack, the enemy and the actor, force the old battle system to load, and force the sequence of attacks loaded by the variable before returning to the TBS scene and updating the MP/HP bars.... I'm currently trapped in a ramen shop so forgive me if I'm not thinking of a solution myself that is rather obvious.
That's not possible. You can't mixte LeTBS with the default battle system.

@ShawnBaxe: This is really weird. Please upload your project and send me the link inbox.

I just watched a Mago make a Mago's Mark where he was standing, walk off and back onto it, and die in the resulting blast. It was spectacular to watch. Does the AI understand when there are marks or tile effects it should be avoiding?
Haha...hanks for pointing out that because I totally forgot to take care of it.

I know how to set up Actors as friendly AIs, but is it possible to set up Actors to act as enemies?
Sadly there is no easy way to achieve "enemy actors" because of how the AI choice of targets work. I'll have to change that, and a lot of little stuff too like the turn order.
Something close to that is an actor under the confused state. But he won't use healing, summoning or supports skills.

There is a player character skill that applies a state to a target allowing the player to take control of it, not just "switching it to your side" but actually treating it as a character you can control like a party member or summon. After the state is removed, the target goes back to being an enemy actor.
I'll add a "possession" state effect. I believe someone else asked for that some weeks ago. I may find some room for
it in the next version.

How does Magic Reflection work in the TBS? Is it supported at all?
It is, as well as counter attack.

@Pharonix: If I find some time I'll make some sequences for you.

Last edited:

ShawnBaxe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lecode everything's working now. Pharonix found the issue and solved it :) I just didn't know that the TBS directly referenced some of the skills you have in your demo, so I didn't have those in my project. After adding them, everything worked like a charm. Lovin' the system so far - great job :) Just missing the victory scene, but reading through this thread, it's on your todo-list.

Cloned

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi guys,

A complete idiotic question, but if I were to start implementing it now, would it be easy to upgrade it when it gets to the full release? I don't want to put it in my game now if it will be an issue in a few months when the Script is fully complete.

Thank you.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys,

A complete idiotic question, but if I were to start implementing it now, would it be easy to upgrade it when it gets to the full release? I don't want to put it in my game now if it will be an issue in a few months when the Script is fully complete.

Thank you.
Yes,
(Though there was a previous version that used ally 1 enemy 1 etc. as the event name to label ally / enemy cells and only used auto-placement and when the update came you had to fix all your ally/enemy events because the leTBS switched to a system that let you choose placement. :) )

Here's the best way to get ready: (What I do when update comes out)

Backup all your custom sequences, scopes, aoes, summons, marks, auras, etc.. in LETBSconfig.js

Then when you decide to upgrade the the full model (or newer patch), add all your custom stuff to the NEW config (Do not overwrite any of the sections Lecode put in (some of these are needed). Then copy all the updated files to your working project (DO NOT COPY DATA FILES - THESE WILL OVERWRITE DATABASE)

PSA:
Make sure you also copy any new animations lecode put in.
Currently, you should make sure animations 123 - 185 from the demo are copied in the same order to your working project.
some of these are required to make battle work - In particular, these 2 are extremely important. You will get the same error ShawnBaxe got on page 38
123 - cast
124 - battler placed
If you decide not to use these animations, you need make sure either:

A: an animation you want to use for those events is made in those animation numbers
B: Go through all the plugins and make sure any hard-coded animations or changeable variables are switched to an existing animation
C: There is a blank animation setup for these.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lecode

Would it be possible to add a plugin variable that would allow us to set an enemy animation for placement?
I feel this would add a small, yet aesthetically pleasing change.

Or better yet, allow us to use a tag called placement_animation: x
and let us be able to set each enemy or ally's animation directly on the database object
-This would allow the evil overlord to have a longer animation play when he's placed, or allow your paladin to appear from a flash of light,

EDIT:

Another question, how would i set a gravity well attack, that selects a spot, and it pulls all enemies within x squares towards it.
Does the leTBS support stacking?

Last edited:

hc phoenix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can a TBS event act like a normal parallel process? I haven't tested but the documentation seems to imply that you can't.

Are characters not set up to display behind star tiles?

Is there a sequence command that I can use to enable or disable Direction Fix for an entity?

Rem Rem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know what I did...

Attachments

• what.png
    what.png
    548.4 KB · Views: 16

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can a TBS event act like a normal parallel process? I haven't tested but the documentation seems to imply that you can't.

Are characters not set up to display behind star tiles?

Is there a sequence command that I can use to enable or disable Direction Fix for an entity?

1. yes, you can set up a parallel event make sure it has the right tbs event notetag - look at the demo
2. they show behind for me.

I don't know what I did...
looks like commands.
Send me an archive with.
Screenshots of all actors being used (with notetags)
and a screenshot of the plugin manager view of letbs commands.

EDIT:
On an unrelated note, how do I modify battle damage based on how far the enemy is.
I want a beam attack that does more damage the further the enemy is.

Also would transformation skills be possible? or replacement? Like you use a spell on an ally and replace them with another party member, or use a transformation spell to turn an enemy into a rock for 3 turns?

Rem Rem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Took me a bit but I solved it, some how all of my plugins got mixed up. I thought I fixed it but commands was still too high in the order. Thank you Pharonix for pointing that out.

I love your idea for ranged damage, exactly what I would want with a bow class. Kinda makes sense with an arrows velocity.

For your transformation skills, couldn't you have a state that uses a common event to change the characters class? Have a "Rock" class and the state would last for a set amount of turns. There is an enemy transform common event option.

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Noted.
I'll add a "possession" state effect. I believe someone else asked for that some weeks ago. I may find some room for
it in the next version.

That was me. I am so excited to see this implemented :D. If I can have that and a proper charm state, I will be one happy camper.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Transform enemies doesn't actually work when using troop events.
So I had to go with common events in skills.
How do I force LETBS to get the new graphic?

I made Transmutate-Puppy to turn the enemy into a puppy for 3 turns.
It applies the enemy settings correctly, but does not update the enemy graphic.
(Same thing if using yanfly buff/states lunatic mode to transform them)
How do I force an update of graphics?

EDIT:
Interestingly enough, creating a gravity spell to suck in enemies works, but if enemies get stacked, aoe will only effect the one showing on top.

Last edited:

Imatsu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi there,

I encounter some issues with the demo, can someone help me please ?
All work fine until a battle start and i get this...

Attachments

• Capture d’écran (3).png
    Capture d’écran (3).png
    102 KB · Views: 12

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hi everyone! Enjoying this nice long weekend. How are you all doing? :)
I just successfully tested having events check if specific actors are in a particular party slot and then changing image to match. This will let me make scenes take into account who is in the party at the time and arrange them accordingly - this is important since I'll have extra actors beyond current party. The script used is the same from MV and is compatible with my current core plugin setup in MZ. Thank goodness.
That awkward moment when you're talking about thinking about writing a limited shop stock plugin for MZ and then find out you already wrote one...last May. My memory is so bad.
When I open my project and I'm like, hell yeah.
Some drawings I made in Lapis, one day I intend to involve them in some RPG Maker project.
* maybe two wall frames
*or some sprite flower tiara, or maybe it inspires someone to do something.
bdd19b62e539d17b3b00cc3d63034f7d.jpg

fcca5c8471b34483da8e032cfe579275.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jairowind