AnotherWill

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I think "scope_select" isn't working. Is it my impression?

AnotherWill

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can't. This feature doesn't exist yet. I think it's somewhere on my to-do list alongisde the untargetable suggestion.

@Adventurer_inc. Counter-attacks totally work on the 0.77 demo. Try Duran's Aura Of Intimidation skill.

I just managed to do the untargetable thing. It just requires to you to put all actors with a "50" (for example) AI_Focused, so you set your "invisible character" in zero AI focus. He is not untargetable, but he won't be focused if there is other character there.

Kunfury

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if I've done something wrong. I was having an issue where whenever I killed an enemy, the client crashed.
I deleted all the LeCode plugins and reinstalled them and now whenever I get a message saying "Undefined is not a Function"

I've tried disabling all plugins except these and everything but nothing is working correctly. I've triple checked my plugins and they are exactly as they should are meant to be.

Here's the log https://i.imgur.com/GU004E0.png

Edit: Copied the files over from the dropbox demo and now I'm getting this error https://i.imgur.com/FGucfO5.png

Last edited:

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I followed the breakpoints I set up and there is definitely an issue with the multi selection. It seems to happen when it tries to get the entities for saved(mscope_aoe)

EDIT: I'm using .77 NOT .77.1.

Last edited:

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just managed to do the untargetable thing. It just requires to you to put all actors with a "50" (for example) AI_Focused, so you set your "invisible character" in zero AI focus. He is not untargetable, but he won't be focused if there is other character there.

Can you turn this into a state? Or is it an actor-only note tag?

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you turn this into a state? Or is it an actor-only note tag?
documentation says use:
focused_by_ai_for_offense: 50
this would allow you to make a "Taunting" state, or a "Punish this fool" state.

https://lecodemv.github.io/leTBS/ai.html#extra-feature

Extra Features
Make The AI Focuses an Entity
The tag focused_by_ai_for_[type]: priority can make the AI focuses its actions on an entity. It can be applied on states and equipment. type can be replaced by key words such as offense, healing, ect. For instance, is focused_by_ai_for_offense: priority is used, the AI will focus its offensive actions on the designated entity.
If there are many focused entities, the one with the higher priority will be selected.

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
documentation says use:
focused_by_ai_for_offense: 50
this would allow you to make a "Taunting" state, or a "Punish this fool" state.

https://lecodemv.github.io/leTBS/ai.html#extra-feature

Extra Features
Make The AI Focuses an Entity
The tag focused_by_ai_for_[type]: priority can make the AI focuses its actions on an entity. It can be applied on states and equipment. type can be replaced by key words such as offense, healing, ect. For instance, is focused_by_ai_for_offense: priority is used, the AI will focus its offensive actions on the designated entity.
If there are many focused entities, the one with the higher priority will be selected.

Ah okay I missed that. Thanks. Although it sounds like if I only have one character alive on the battlefield, he can still be targeted even if he is in an "invisible" state.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah okay I missed that. Thanks. Although it sounds like if I only have one character alive on the battlefield, he can still be targeted even if he is in an "invisible" state.
yes,

the ai_focused only takes effect if one or more actors has it, and is alive.
What I suggest is setting the "Invisible" actor to focused_by_ai_for_offense: 0
to ensure he's last.

If you had an invisible character, why would you use anyone else lol. It'd be super easy to win if enemies can't attack you.

It' a state isn' it.

Hmm let me see what I can find I'm a bit busy for the rest if the day but I'll see if I can write you a patch or something
What build version you on? 76, 77 or 77.1?

Feel free to PM me.

GuilhermeMJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
pt-br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do I use an item on me during the fight?

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yes,

the ai_focused only takes effect if one or more actors has it, and is alive.
What I suggest is setting the "Invisible" actor to focused_by_ai_for_offense: 0
to ensure he's last.

If you had an invisible character, why would you use anyone else lol. It'd be super easy to win if enemies can't attack you.

It' a state isn' it.

Hmm let me see what I can find I'm a bit busy for the rest if the day but I'll see if I can write you a patch or something
What build version you on? 76, 77 or 77.1?

Feel free to PM me.

Well the idea behind it is you can't be targeted for heals, and once you attack, it of course takes the state away and leaves you open for an attack next turn. So you're forced to use it wisely and only attack if you are isolated with your intended kill target, like an assassin would.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well the idea behind it is you can't be targeted for heals, and once you attack, it of course takes the state away and leaves you open for an attack next turn. So you're forced to use it wisely and only attack if you are isolated with your intended kill target, like an assassin would.
If you have custom skills set up (usable only by that character) it'd be easy to add a common event to remove state "untargetable"

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you have custom skills set up (usable only by that character) it'd be easy to add a common event to remove state "untargetable"

I know, I was just explaining why it wouldn't be overpowered :p. I was basing it on Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2's Assassin skill. Now that I think about it, having enemies that can "reveal" invisible allies could add a nice balance to the concept as well. Maybe an aura that can remove the state altogether.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know, I was just explaining why it wouldn't be overpowered :p. I was basing it on Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2's Assassin skill. Now that I think about it, having enemies that can "reveal" invisible allies could add a nice balance to the concept as well. Maybe an aura that can remove the state altogether.
So I checked Lecode's code,
and it seems if there are no priority targets, it uses various means, like using distance, hp, etc, in addition to priority. So if no priority targets are available, it checks the other settings.
So Lecode would need to add this feature in.

Rhomkar

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, first of all, thanks a lot for this plugin! :)

So, I can't figure out how to add a new skill to an enemy. For some reason, the enemy just never uses the skill I have given it, and I can't figure out what I'm missing. The skill itself works when I give it to one of my actors, it's just the AI that doesn't want to use the skill. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Skill.PNG Enemy.PNG

Almateria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a tag or something I missed within the documentation that turns off friendly fire? I don't want my Magic Trap-like skill hitting the actor that used the skill, or their allies.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a tag or something I missed within the documentation that turns off friendly fire? I don't want my Magic Trap-like skill hitting the actor that used the skill, or their allies.
Not on the marks themselves, but you can add tags to the actors:
immune_to_marks: mark_id1, mark_id2, ...
What I did was create 2 sets of skills, one set for my actors, and one set of skills that enemies should have.
This allows me to have separate formulas, but also lets me set 2 different types of marks.

For example:
"Magic Trap" affects enemies, while "Magic Trap" (the enemy one) is utilized by the enemies and affects player characters

In my players, i use:
immune_to_marks: magic_trap

and in the enemies:
immune_to_marks: magic_trap_e

Almateria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not on the marks themselves, but you can add tags to the actors:
immune_to_marks: mark_id1, mark_id2, ...
What I did was create 2 sets of skills, one set for my actors, and one set of skills that enemies should have.
This allows me to have separate formulas, but also lets me set 2 different types of marks.

For example:
"Magic Trap" affects enemies, while "Magic Trap" (the enemy one) is utilized by the enemies and affects player characters

In my players, i use:
immune_to_marks: magic_trap

and in the enemies:
immune_to_marks: magic_trap_e
Thanks for the quick response. I used the tag in my actor notebox, however, the skill is still doing damage to my actor, but the actor doesn't trigger the skill. Is there something I'm missing?

I have the damage portion of the Magic Trap set as effects_aoe: "circle(3)" within the code. So then it would trigger when a enemy steps within three range of the trap and does damage to all enemies in that range.

Last edited:

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the quick response. I used the tag in my actor notebox, however, the skill is still doing damage to my actor, but the actor doesn't trigger the skill. Is there something I'm missing?

I have the damage portion of the Magic Trap set as effects_aoe: "circle(3)" within the code. So then it would trigger when a enemy steps within three range of the trap and does damage to all enemies in that range.

Can you send me screenshits of the mark, note boxes etc. In a pm. So I can make sure the immunity is set up, it would be too many pics to send in this forum.

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Pharonix

Sorry to bother you, but you're very knowledgeable so I figured I could bug you with a question.

Throughout the thread, I've seen mentions of 'Fair Turn Distribution', and upon finding the option- I'm a bit stumped as to how it works from description alone. Let's say I have 4 Allies and 4 Enemies, all with different values in Agility. Does having this option disabled mean that:

A: The turn order will progress in order of descending Agility, regardless of team side[ie. Ally 1 Turn(10 AGI) -> Ally 2 Turn(9 AGI) -> Enemy 4 Turn(8 AGI) -> Ally 4 Turn(7 AGI)]

B: The turn order will allow all allies to move first, regardless of Agility value, then all enemies, regardless of Agility value.

What I am trying to get is closer toward option B, specifically to mimic the Fire Emblem series of games in that you can select any ally during your turn(Player Phase) to move until you have all performed your actions, and then it would become the 'enemy phase' where all enemies would move as they please until they had used their actions. Is this possible with the current system? I apologize if this has been answered before.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pharonix

Sorry to bother you, but you're very knowledgeable so I figured I could bug you with a question.

Throughout the thread, I've seen mentions of 'Fair Turn Distribution', and upon finding the option- I'm a bit stumped as to how it works from description alone. Let's say I have 4 Allies and 4 Enemies, all with different values in Agility. Does having this option disabled mean that:

A: The turn order will progress in order of descending Agility, regardless of team side[ie. Ally 1 Turn(10 AGI) -> Ally 2 Turn(9 AGI) -> Enemy 4 Turn(8 AGI) -> Ally 4 Turn(7 AGI)]

B: The turn order will allow all allies to move first, regardless of Agility value, then all enemies, regardless of Agility value.

What I am trying to get is closer toward option B, specifically to mimic the Fire Emblem series of games in that you can select any ally during your turn(Player Phase) to move until you have all performed your actions, and then it would become the 'enemy phase' where all enemies would move as they please until they had used their actions. Is this possible with the current system? I apologize if this has been answered before.

I haven't messed with turn distribution myself, but I have "Fair" turned off.
What I've noticed is this:
My characters with high agility always go first.
What I would suggest is, turn off "fair turn distribution" and as long as you don't use enemy AGI in the damage formulas, just set all enemies to 1 AGI, this will make sure you go first.
All shown characters are max level, I still have some balancing to do.

Below is with Fair Distribution turned off

upload_2018-1-12_9-39-32.png

TURNED ON:
upload_2018-1-12_9-45-37.png

Below is Base Stats for my characters
upload_2018-1-12_9-47-30.png

So as you can see,
Unfair distribution uses Agility explicitly, while fair distribution uses Agility to determine ally order and enemy order, then alternates between allies, and enemies.
Allies will always act first it seems.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I always end up having issues with things i'd never expect.

Capture.PNG

Those friggin mountains man xD
Time for my daily walk/jog ''Literally starts raining while I open the door''
I just discovered there's a giant jellyfish in the Ace RTP. My day is made.
I'm pretty sure I submitted a username change like 4 months ago.
No offense but uh, still waiting for my name to be updated :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zheyno