ObsceneSoul

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I really love this battle system of yours, but I'm having a major problem with getting reinforcements to work. I've copied everything from the example project and modified it for my map, but I keep getting this error whenever the last reinforcement spawns. May I ask for some assistance?2018-02-14.png

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found that yanfly's steal and snatch doesn't work with letbs.
I think it has to do with how the LETBS battle party is made.

I could be wrong.

Nothing in the stack-trace pointed to LETBS though.

EDIT:

So by moving the Steal/Snatch script above LETBS, the battle starts, but it throws errors when you execute a steal technique:
While disappointing, It's not the end of the world.

upload_2018-2-15_15-44-15.png

I doubt this is fixable.

Last edited:

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Tackle System

Inspired from Dofus and Wakfu tackle system, consist of granting battlers the ability to restrict an opponent movement if they are in melee. That's how tanky classes have a purpose in a Tactical Battle System. If there is enough for it it'll be there on 0.8.

Woah I like this! It's actually very similar to the passive I asked about a few pages back. Would there be a way to tweak this so the adjacent enemy could still move, just not be able to pass adjacent tiles of a tank character for example?

guardian.png

Last edited:

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Edit: For some reason adding the maximise_targets ai tag to the skill seems to prevent the bug, but does seem to add lag on the enemies' turn. Not sure why this fixes it, does it add additional coordinate checks? Also with the maximise_targets tag, the one_time_offense doesn't seem to cause any issues now.
Yes, "maximise_targets" makes the AI more lagy because it makes it smarter...More power = more calculation time = more lag :'(.
With "maximise_targets" the AI basically checks each combinaison of available use of the AoE to get the maximum number of targets possible.
Haven't had the time to look into the bug yet but I won't forget, it's noted down.

I also get this ....error? debug note?
'LeTBS.js:6640 Code: out_of_range' for each enemy turn they are out of range of attacking.
It's just a note for tracking the AI behavior :)

Also during placement phase if I quickly set and unset chars or if I set them too quickly it tosses a 'cannot read y' directional error. (Of course as soon as I try to replicate it, it doesn't happen, only when I don't look, heh.)
Oh no, again a placement phase bug ?

1) enemy fight on my team during the fight for 2 turns
2) enemy fight on my team during the fight until the end of the fight
Not possible yet, unless you tweak the code or use some insane tricks with common events and summoning entities.

3) add a death counter
Not dependent on LeTBS, any state effects plugin can do that for you.

4) change the fight map
Not handled yet.

5) A summon with time to disappear
Add a death counter state to the summon when it appears. Otherwise there is no "official" way to do it. I believe it's in the todo-list, tho.

6) the summons improve as the summoner improves
That's the case. Summon's stats are based on the caster's stats.

So, I really love this battle system of yours, but I'm having a major problem with getting reinforcements to work. I've copied everything from the example project and modified it for my map, but I keep getting this error whenever the last reinforcement spawns. May I ask for some assistance?
I'd need your project to track down the issue.

Found that yanfly's steal and snatch doesn't work with letbs.
Okay, I can't guarantee I'll make a compatibility patch for it anytime soon, there's already so many things to do.

Would there be a way to tweak this so the adjacent enemy could still move, just not be able to pass adjacent tiles of a tank character for example?
With the Tackle System, if the "tackle" value of the tank is high enough, an enemy will stop right away when moving to the tank adjacent tiles.
Is that what you're after ?

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
With the Tackle System, if the "tackle" value of the tank is high enough, an enemy will stop right away when moving to the tank adjacent tiles.
Is that what you're after ?

Exactly! The enemy can still move backwards, just can't advance past the tank if they stand in a tile adjacent to them. If anyone has played Stella Glow on the 3DS, they will know what this ability is :)

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Exactly! The enemy can still move backwards, just can't advance past the tank if they stand in a tile adjacent to them. If anyone has played Stella Glow on the 3DS, they will know what this ability is :)
Pretty sure it was called Guardian/Protector in Stella Glow, yes. From what LeCode described, it should function just as such.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
PSA,

Apparently the steam version released 1.6.0 sometime last night.
This breaks the the Yanfly Core scripts and such.

If you are having issues, go into the program settings and change the desired version back to the 1.5 one.

DO NOT UPGRADE THE JS to 1.6 without backing it up first.

AndYouDontSeemTo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can someone please help me? This is the third time I've asked and I haven't gotten a response yet.

I've tried everything I can think of to fix it, but I keep getting an error that says "Cannot read 'apply' of undefined". The plugins are in the correct order, I checked I had the correct notebox tags, I checked my file-structure and I've tried using the default map that comes LeTBS. nothing works at all. I don't know what else to do.

Capture3.PNG

I'm still on the free trial of RPGmaker and it's quickly running out. I can't justify continuing with it if I can't fix this error.

I'll be willing to give you any other information you require.

Please help.

IAreMoocow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tried everything I can think of to fix it, but I keep getting an error that says "Cannot read 'apply' of undefined". The plugins are in the correct order, I checked I had the correct notebox tags, I checked my file-structure and I've tried using the default map that comes LeTBS. nothing works at all. I don't know what else to do.

I ran into the same issue initially; I had overlooked adding the LeTBS_Commands plugin. Can you post a screenshot of your plugins?

AndYouDontSeemTo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I ran into the same issue initially; I had overlooked adding the LeTBS_Commands plugin. Can you post a screenshot of your plugins?

Why's that not included in the minimal build?

I included it, and ran into a different problem. Where is it supposed to be in the plugins order?

Plugins, as requested

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    125.8 KB · Views: 5

IAreMoocow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lecode, would you be able to push your latest version up to Github? I've made a few modifications to your plugin to help people more easily diagnose errors like the above and would like to send you a pull request.

Thanks!

IAreMoocow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why's that not included in the minimal build?

I included it, and ran into a different problem. Where is it supposed to be in the plugins order?

Plugins, as requested

I've attached the order mine are in. (Note that I don't plan on using summoning, so I didn't include that particular file. However, I had to modify the plugin to account for errors I encountered after disabling it, as many parts assume it will be used)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    73.7 KB · Views: 4

AndYouDontSeemTo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, I managed to get the plugins working (I put the plugin just under turnorderA). It's working fine for the most part. However, now I'm getting other errors. Specifically when I use certain attacks. I've uploaded a picture of one of the errors.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

FYI, if anyone is troubleshooting using this, I also needed to add the Tween plugins to get this working

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    75.6 KB · Views: 6

IAreMoocow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While I haven't run into that exact issue, looking at the code in question makes me think you are referencing an animation that doesn't exist. LeTBS sets up a number of animations by default, but the initial configuration of RPGMaker has set the "maximum" animations to a lower number than it uses. Try changing the maximum number of animations in the database to a higher number -- mine is currently at 280.

Attachments

• Animations.png
    Animations.png
    190.9 KB · Views: 1

AndYouDontSeemTo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I already have my maximum animations set at 280, so that doesnt seem to be the problem.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should make sure all animations have at least 1 frame if there's nothing it sometimes treats it as null

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't remember seeing this in the documentation, but when using auras, can i set the aura to a custom scope?
I want to make the aura do the following

O - user
X X X - allies.

I want the user to cast "Aegis" which gives the 3 units directly behind, back left and back right a buff to their defense, as if the guy in front is defending them

I just wasn't sure if this would be possible.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
found that, you can cut down lag alot by using scope_select for skills that require you to target someone.

I was able to test this with no lag whatsoever and I had a scope of square(50).

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Lecode, would you be able to push your latest version up to Github? I've made a few modifications to your plugin to help people more easily diagnose errors like the above and would like to send you a pull request.
On which version did you work on ? I'll take a look just before releasing 0.8 and adapt it if ever it's needed.

@AndYouDontSeemTo : You'd better use the full demo link posted on the first page. Any setup error, even a small one could trigger randoms bugs such as what you have.

I don't remember seeing this in the documentation, but when using auras, can i set the aura to a custom scope?
Yes you can. Anything that takes an "aoe data" as a value can also refer to custom scopes.

found that, you can cut down lag alot by using scope_select for skills that require you to target someone.

I was able to test this with no lag whatsoever and I had a scope of square(50).
Did you have the "through_obstacles" scope options ? I've just checked now, the "scope_select" effects are applied after LOS calculation, which is dumb. But it is now fixed, thanks to you. So now LOS calculation is insanely optimized when "scope_select" is used.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally working actively on Tundra! I'd like to share my wife's WIP art for the starting map and a rough draft of one of the later characters, Katrina. She's very eager to hear any feedback you might have!1623790662347.png
Got my first vax today, arm is a bit numb, but nothing odd so far. :kaopride:
dYOm9IY.jpg
image_2021-06-15_212613.png
Looks a bit.....kid friendly. Then again, I suppose that does with with a lot of retro themes... Crap, already spotted a flaw xD
What a stupid week so far! I was really short on sleep yesterday thanks to my back hurting and not falling asleep fast enough, now today I am 2 hours late for work because my damn alarm clock changed from the alarm setting, to the radio setting which I always keep muted.
I introduced "booby trap" as another indirect way to fight supernatural threats in the game.
But, some of my players are using it to blow up random citizens on the street.
Not sure how "creative" they can go with it. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincentus