DianteC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is the base setup in the notes for a base enemy using the character sheets? This is all a bit new and I keep getting an error stating that there is no sprite configuration. Unsure on how this works and the website doesn't give to much play by play, more of a bounce around.

Ygdrassill

Game dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What version are you using.

There were a few issues with older versions where items skills, etc without a scope crash the system.
options are to make sure everything has a scope/aoe, or to turn off skill scope preview.
Im pretty sure im using the latest version. Which is why im so confused on why Im getting these errors.

Sadoldporygon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The only thing right now I have an issue with so far is that it says I'm not allowed to use large characters. I use 400×400 sprites for the game I'm making since some of the characters were long and I didn't want to make them look weird with the large tiles I was using

It works okay with large tiles, but if I have to rescale my in-battle character sprites to be different from my regular overworld character sprites I think it'd inflate the amount of work I'd have to do (and also make the smaller characters look too similarly sized to the larger ones...)

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only thing right now I have an issue with so far is that it says I'm not allowed to use large characters. I use 400×400 sprites for the game I'm making since some of the characters were long and I didn't want to make them look weird with the large tiles I was using

It works okay with large tiles, but if I have to rescale my in-battle character sprites to be different from my regular overworld character sprites I think it'd inflate the amount of work I'd have to do (and also make the smaller characters look too similarly sized to the larger ones...)

Don' use the RTP way.
You should cut them out and make single sp4ite sheets for each character thrn use them.

I use the full size FES RES resource pack sprites these are like 48 x 64 of or something. I made a post a while back about it.

I can confirm putting them in letbs/battles works on as early as 75

posfan12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm confused about the installation order here:

https://lecodemv.github.io/leTBS/

Do I install easystar and LeUtilities before the LeTBS plugins or after? Do I put "easystar-0.4.3.js" in the same directory as the other plugins? Thanks.

[edit]

Also, that page mentions a demo. Where can I find this demo?

[edit]

Disregard. First post in this thread explains things.

Last edited:

posfan12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you guys use multiple sprites per character? E.g. different sprites for different weapons? Thanks.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you guys use multiple sprites per character? E.g. different sprites for different weapons? Thanks.
No.

But I do use yanfly's class change core, which I can confirm works.
Only thing to keep in mind is the "_dead" image. I use a spinning crystal for all my dead allies, and no corpse for enemies.

So after my character's change class, it displays those.
I also change the actor names at one point, as they sort of change identities for reasons I won't discuss since "Spoilers"

And I can confirm it;s all working

If you're having issues, let me know exactly what you're doing, or give a sample project where I can test what you're trying to do.

Who's weapon class script is it? Yanfly's?

theXDme

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So

i've been using this script for a little while, im getting used to it by experimenting yet i've crossed with some problem that's just beyond me.

So im in a scene where there's this huge battle with soldiers all over the place, yet the player only controls a small portion of soldiers, the rest are listed as events, i realized that as soon as i start the battle all the events suddenly dissapear and i have no idea if it's something that can be changed to begin with, any help would be aprreaciated. still thanks for the awesome script!

posfan12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't gotten that far yet. I am just planning ahead.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So

i've been using this script for a little while, im getting used to it by experimenting yet i've crossed with some problem that's just beyond me.

So im in a scene where there's this huge battle with soldiers all over the place, yet the player only controls a small portion of soldiers, the rest are listed as events, i realized that as soon as i start the battle all the events suddenly dissapear and i have no idea if it's something that can be changed to begin with, any help would be aprreaciated. still thanks for the awesome script!
How do you have that set up?

I've done similar, but you need to have one actor for each soldier.
If they're allies anyway.
Using multiple <Actor Cell: 31> will only place this actor in the cell with the lowest ID.
what you'll need to do is just clone the actors multiple times and use <Actor Cell: X>
Make sure for the non-player controlled soldiers, to give them ai_controlled.

If you want, I don't mind taking a look at your project if you need assistance.

Take a look at this monster of a map:
upload_2018-4-17_7-59-32.png

Red is enemy, blue is ally.

The two groups of circled blue cells are for ai_controlled mercs, that use my newly added <Switch Cell: X>
but the concept applies to you. For multiple copies of the actor, you should clone them in the database then assign them to their own
cells using <actor cell: x>

(I use FlipelyFlips large troops modified by me to fix a crash in their code) so this map will literally be

5 party members + up to 4 mercenaries
VERSUS
50 enemy soldiers. (It's just a shame <Enemy Cell: x> doesn't work on .77)

Before the battle, the party was discussing placing traps, so what you see are:

2 Explosive traps that can cause burn
2 Frost traps that can cause freeze
2 shock traps that can cause static
1 meteor trap that deals bigger damage.

I wanted to make these traps disappear after x number of activations, but with this many enemies, it seems 'fair'

EDIT: posting in multiple parts

You should do something like this:
Then call each one to their own cell using <actor cell: 40>,<actor cell: 41>, . . . <actor cell: 50>
upload_2018-4-17_8-6-47.png

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
is there currently a way to make skill use not consume your one action per turn? a make an actor to be able to apply this buff and still take action and movement afterwards.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is there currently a way to make skill use not consume your one action per turn? a make an actor to be able to apply this buff and still take action and movement afterwards.
Totally, in LETBS.js in plugin manager go to the bottom and turn off one-time offense.
Any skill you need to end the turn, you'll need to use pass_on_use.

I haven't tried with instant cast from Yanfly yet though. I'll try it later to see if that works.

upload_2018-4-17_10-44-59.png

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yeah that's kinda what i need i think i want all skills to use the one time offense rule with a few exceptions.

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
also i saw commands for making units take less damage from certain sides but what about making a debuff that makes them take 25% more damage from behind

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
also i saw commands for making units take less damage from certain sides but what about making a debuff that makes them take 25% more damage from behind
According to the javascript there should be tags that work, but testing found no change:

upload_2018-4-17_14-32-14.png

yeah that's kinda what i need i think i want all skills to use the one time offense rule with a few exceptions.
Yeah, you'll need to go opposite the system, make nothing pass the turn and force certain skills to do so.
I'm testing to see if I can find a way around it.

posfan12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am having an issue. I am following the instructions here:

https://lecodemv.github.io/leTBS/starting_battles.html

When I play the game and start combat, I get a "Type Error. Undefined is not a function." error. This is very vague. Is there a log file I can get more verbose info from?

Is there something obvious missing from this event?

3jZYHl1.png

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am having an issue. I am following the instructions here:

https://lecodemv.github.io/leTBS/starting_battles.html

When I play the game and start combat, I get a "Type Error. Undefined is not a function." error. This is very vague. Is there a log file I can get more verbose info from?

Is there something obvious missing from this event?

3jZYHl1.png

We will need the stack trace. (And maybe a copy of the battle map)

What other events do you have on this map?
I've found that autorun and parallel events cause issues on battle maps if their first page is not an "Action Button" type trigger.
I have some maps with autorun, in particular my first battle, which when I cut it short, it drops the player on the battle map.
So before my "Abort" command, I update a switch, that when on, will cause the player transfer event. The only time this switch is ON is when the battle is aborted, so it defaults to the "Action Button" trigger in the first page.

Page 1
upload_2018-4-18_7-2-35.png

Page 2
upload_2018-4-18_7-2-54.png

posfan12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can upload the project. So far it has just one map.

I don't know how to do a stack trace.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Time for my daily walk/jog ''Literally starts raining while I open the door''
I just discovered there's a giant jellyfish in the Ace RTP. My day is made.
I'm pretty sure I submitted a username change like 4 months ago.
No offense but uh, still waiting for my name to be updated :/
Boss #1 - All 3 phases.
w5fSXys.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul_code