Ygdrassill

Game dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oops, double post by mistake.
the demo doesnt really tell me what I need to know to configure the sprites, or at least now in a way that I can understand on how to change what im already using.

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
so i managed to fix the cool down issue but not im having a similar problem with states they aren't ticking down if a state is applied it just stays indefinitely but cooldowns are working and events i have playing at the start of each turn are working as intend.

ImperiousRex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
so i managed to fix the cool down issue but not im having a similar problem with states they aren't ticking down if a state is applied it just stays indefinitely but cooldowns are working and events i have playing at the start of each turn are working as intend.
Would be nice if you could share how you solved the problem. It could help other people who might be having the same problem.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to change the battle conditions in the middle of battle?

I was thinking maybe after 10 turns, super op mega death knight appears, battle condition changes to "Get to the Escape Point" instead of "Defeat all enemies"

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also,

When I use the enemy spawner in version .77 it throws an error after I spawn the fourth enemy

upload_2018-4-26_9-32-46.png

upload_2018-4-26_9-33-50.png
upload_2018-4-26_9-34-14.png
upload_2018-4-26_9-34-29.png
Bunch of conditionals to determine who the speaker should be.
upload_2018-4-26_9-34-50.png

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
is anyone else using buffstatecore and <Custom Regenerate Effect> stopped working i even put console.log(100) to see if it was running

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so I "Fixed" my previous issue.

Apparently it works as long as the enemy i'm making appear already existed on the map.

EDIT:
I was able to fix this by NOT using auto_turn_order_face, and instead had to make turn order graphics for each enemy sprite. Thankfully I use many duplicate sprites.

Last edited:

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
the demo doesnt really tell me what I need to know to configure the sprites, or at least now in a way that I can understand on how to change what im already using.
That's something not being documented yet. But I believe you can learn through example. In the demo in each actor and enemy (mostly) noteboxes there are a sprite configuration. By analyzing or playing with the parameters I'm sure you can figure out how that works. At least until I got the doc ready for 0.8

When I use the enemy spawner in version .77 it throws an error after I spawn the fourth enemy
This indicate to me that the engine is trying to access a sprite that's not loaded yet. I guess. Is the 4th entity you're trying to spawn already summoned before ? If so its sprite should be cached and you wouldn't have that issue. Hope I'm not wrong.

Is it possible to change the battle conditions in the middle of battle?

I was thinking maybe after 10 turns, super op mega death knight appears, battle condition changes to "Get to the Escape Point" instead of "Defeat all enemies"
I think the win condition commands can still work mid battle, all thought not window will appear like at the beginning of battle.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's something not being documented yet. But I believe you can learn through example. In the demo in each actor and enemy (mostly) noteboxes there are a sprite configuration. By analyzing or playing with the parameters I'm sure you can figure out how that works. At least until I got the doc ready for 0.8

This indicate to me that the engine is trying to access a sprite that's not loaded yet. I guess. Is the 4th entity you're trying to spawn already summoned before ? If so its sprite should be cached and you wouldn't have that issue. Hope I'm not wrong.

I think the win condition commands can still work mid battle, all thought not window will appear like at the beginning of battle.
Yeah entities 1 to 4 spawned had it' sprite in the enemy troop

Using sprite_name fixed it.

I don' need the popup window I can just use a text window to display the changes to victory cindition

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay so I "Fixed" my previous issue.

Apparently it works as long as the enemy i'm making appear already existed on the map.
Yeah it has to do with loading sprites. Either the entity's sprite of the one used for the turn order.

I don' need the popup window I can just use a text window to display the changes to victory cindition
Then try to use the win condtions command mid-battle and let us know the result :D.

I went on the project quickly and I'll briefly explain how that work.
  • If you want to use custom sprites
Code:
<letbs_sprite>
pose(POSE_NAME): FILENAME_AFFIX, NBR_OF_FRAMES      <== THIS LINE REGISTER A STANCE
pose(POSE_NAME): FILENAME_AFFIX, NBR_OF_FRAMES       <== ANOTHER STANCE BEING REGISTERED
</letbs_sprite>
Example:
Code:
<letbs_sprite>
pose(idle): _idle, 1
pose(move): _move, 4
pose(cast): _cast, 3
pose(atk): _atk, 4
pose(hit): _hit, 1
pose(dead): _dead, 1
turn_order: auto
status_sprite: auto
</letbs_sprite>
  • If you want to use chara
Code:
<letbs_sprite>
pose(POSE_NAME): use_chara, CHARA_FILENAME, BLOCk_INDEX, ROW_INDEX
</letbs_sprite>
If only "use_chara" is used, the default actor character filename will be used.
Example:
Code:
<letbs_sprite>
pose(idle): use_chara
pose(dead): use_chara, Damage1, 3, 2
</letbs_sprite>
Hope that helps or put you in the right road.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah it has to do with loading sprites. Either the entity's sprite of the one used for the turn order.

Then try to use the win condtions command mid-battle and let us know the result :D.

I went on the project quickly and I'll briefly explain how that work.
  • If you want to use custom sprites
Code:
<letbs_sprite>
pose(POSE_NAME): FILENAME_AFFIX, NBR_OF_FRAMES      <== THIS LINE REGISTER A STANCE
pose(POSE_NAME): FILENAME_AFFIX, NBR_OF_FRAMES       <== ANOTHER STANCE BEING REGISTERED
</letbs_sprite>
Example:
Code:
<letbs_sprite>
pose(idle): _idle, 1
pose(move): _move, 4
pose(cast): _cast, 3
pose(atk): _atk, 4
pose(hit): _hit, 1
pose(dead): _dead, 1
</letbs_sprite>
  • If you want to use chara
Code:
<letbs_sprite>
pose(POSE_NAME): use_chara, CHARA_FILENAME, BLOCk_INDEX, ROW_INDEX
</letbs_sprite>
If only "use_chara" is used, the default actor character filename will be used.
Example:
Code:
<letbs_sprite>
pose(idle): use_chara
pose(dead): use_chara, Damage1, 3, 2
</letbs_sprite>
Hope that helps or put you in the right road.
It worked, sorta.

The system knew I needed to kill the mknight1 flagged entity, but on his death, it didn't trigger anything.

Code for creating
upload_2018-4-26_16-11-8.png

Updating the Win Conditions.
I've tried both:
LeTBSWinCds Add Defeat FlaggedEntity [mknight1]
LeTBSWinCds Add Defeat FlaggedEntity mknight1

upload_2018-4-26_16-11-24.png

When checking via console:

upload_2018-4-26_16-13-19.png
Which makes me think something is wrong in the code, since there's an "Undefined" flag in the defeatflaggedentities thingy.

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
so anyone have any idea why my states would stop working im pretty stuck i have disabled all plugins not included in the demo and tested and troubleshooted everyday i know how , if i use the regular parameters provided by rpg maker it work so like -% Health reg works but using the regenerate tag from yep buffstate is not working it was working before and now its not i am super confused, i haven't added any script to the list since i start actually creating skills

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Which makes me think something is wrong in the code, since there's an "Undefined" flag in the defeatflaggedentities thingy.
Remove the [].
The undefined is irrelevant and shouldn't make the code stop working. It's just that the command is only sending one parameter, and the add-on takes two (the fladId and the displayed text), hence why one is undefined.
I'm surprised adding that condition mid-battle doesn't work as the win conditions are checked every turn...

EDIT: My god I've just skimmed through the add-on and detected a huge bug. I'm correcting it right away, thanks Pharonix!

@forteller what do you mean by states stopped working ?

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: My god I've just skimmed through the add-on and detected a huge bug. I'm correcting it right away, thanks Pharonix!
Hope it'll work with v .77. I don't want to have to update my project :)

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Pharonix: The bug was related to death conditions not being properly checked.
Anyway I checked using win conditions commands mid battle and they worked on my end. Win conditions are pretty much checked at any time so when you use a command they get updated too.
So maybe it doesn't work on your end because of the version you're using :/.
If you have some time, try to check it again on the most recent version - Chaosicaa's demo.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pharonix: The bug was related to death conditions not being properly checked.
Anyway I checked using win conditions commands mid battle and they worked on my end. Win conditions are pretty much checked at any time so when you use a command they get updated too.
So maybe it doesn't work on your end because of the version you're using :/.
If you have some time, try to check it again on the most recent version - Chaosicaa's demo.
Yeah, it works in Chaosicaa's demo

EDIT:

Figured it out:
it was an issue with checkDeath function

Top is what my version had, bottom was 77.2B.
I replaced the block with the 77.2B version and it works now.
I'm so happy.

/*
TBSEntity.prototype.checkDeath = function () {
if (this._battler.isDead() && !this._dead)
this.onDeath();
if (!this._battler.isDead() && this._dead)
this.onRevive();

};*/

TBSEntity.prototype.checkDeath = function () {
if (!this._sequenceManager.isRunning()) {
if (this._battler.isDead() && !this._dead)
this.onDeath();
if (!this._battler.isDead() && this._dead)
this.onRevive();
}
};

Last edited:

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was taking about the regenerate tag in Yep Buff&Statecore I can't get it to work in conjunction with the default plugin setup.

Adventurer_inc.

Technically a Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also,

View attachment 88577
The problem with this error is the 'remake(order)'. The crash happens when the enemy you just added is faster than the current active entity. Because the added is faster than current entity and you are telling the system to remake the turn order, the system has no idea how to end the current active entity's turn and crashes. Another solution to this is 'remake(last)' which will automatically put the added entity at the end of the turn order.

I was taking about the regenerate tag in Yep Buff&Statecore I can't get it to work in conjunction with the default plugin setup.
<Custom Regenerate Effect> shouldn't work with LeCode's TBS. Unless you need it for a specific reason, I'd use something else since the fix requires editing the scripts. Editing scripts can break other things.

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh really I thought for sure it did a some point guess I was seeing things

Cats777

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to add a parameter that would allow players to save mid-battle? I plan on having really long battles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Equipment Microtransaction ---

M.Knight: How much this item?
Merchant: 79.99 REAL Money
(After Do Transaction In Real World)
Merchant: Thanks,come back again!
(In Distand)
M.Knight: (Smile With Regret) Goodbye...My Dream Console And PC Gaming
Hello folks, I'm an old member deciding to reenter the forum. Greetings :D
When a parent (of a less than adult aged child) is like
"Oh, I'm like a friend to my child. We're friends."
I'm like
"Oh, that kid's gonna suck...."
Baby tiger gets a belly rub! ^.^
Ami
--- Friendship System ---

(F.Mage and F.Healer's FP is 100)
F.Mage: We did it! we can beat the monster easily!
F.Healer: With the Friendship System,we got stronger thanks to you F.Mage (Hugging)
F.Mage: (Blushing) Ahh...don't say like that. we are Best Friend Forever.
(In Distand)
M.Mage: They look happy...
M.Healer: Yeah...always like that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimthejester