Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to add a parameter that would allow players to save mid-battle? I plan on having really long battles.
I was actually about to test something like that. I'll let you know what happens

Edit: Calling the Save screen during battle has no effect whatsoever, so I looked into it further.

The software's mechanics don't really support saving during battle. You would likely need a separate script that would function like a "Save State" but it would probably be extremely difficult.

Last edited:

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i think im bad at explaining my issues ill try to show instead
upload_2018-4-30_17-6-52.png

upload_2018-4-30_17-9-15.png
upload_2018-4-30_17-9-28.png

really hoping a just making some really dumb mistake somewhere i dont understand why a state that should last 1 turn never goes away.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version 0.77.2B
Certain Yanfly Plugins NEED to be above LETBS. otherwise you actually get this issue.

If you want to send a copy of your project, I can fix the placement. I'll be sending my plugin list soon.

upload_2018-4-30_20-43-16.png

upload_2018-4-30_20-43-29.png

upload_2018-4-30_20-43-47.png

upload_2018-4-30_20-44-1.png

I know I'm crazy lol :)

A good rule of thumb with Yanfly scripts is:
If it doesn't work with LETBS try placing it ABOVE LETBS.

As you can see in my Screenshots, buff/states is above letbs.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I plan to test this out myself as soon as I get the chance to but since the setup is huge and this thread have close to 80 pages I might as well ask before hand if anyone knows if LeTBS have any compabillity issues with parallax mapping (Using Galvs Layer Graphics or TDDs BindPictureToMap in combination with Yanflys Restrict Region plugins)?

I might add to that another question, does this plugin work even if you change the grid/Tile size using Shaz ChangeTileSize plugin?

If anyone have already tested and knows, let me know. Else I`ll test myself in due time and post the result here.

PS: This plugin looks awesome. One of the most impressive one`s I`ve seen for MV so far. Great work. If I end up using this for my game I`ll make sure to spare some ******* dollars.

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is it possible to add a parameter that would allow players to save mid-battle? I plan on having really long battles.
That's an interesting idea but I can't do that now.

if LeTBS have any compabillity issues with parallax mapping (Using Galvs Layer Graphics or TDDs BindPictureToMap in combination with Yanflys Restrict Region plugins)?
Honestly I do not know as I never tried.

I might add to that another question, does this plugin work even if you change the grid/Tile size using Shaz ChangeTileSize plugin?
If I recall it worked with Chaosicaa.

PS: This plugin looks awesome. One of the most impressive one`s I`ve seen for MV so far. Great work. If I end up using this for my game I`ll make sure to spare some ******* dollars.
Thank you! Still a long way to go though.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did some quick and dirty testing by adding some of the plugins vital to my project to Chaosicaa's demo (linked in the first post). The plugins I tried out were;
--
Shaz Pixel Gauges
Galv's Layer Graphics
Khas Advanced Fog
(+Khas Core & Khas Graphics as they are needed to run the fog plugin)
Victor Engine's Sfont (+Victor Engine Basic Module as it's needed to run the Sfont plugin)
*tried changing the resolution in Yanfly's Core Engine to 896x512 (what my game is using)
--
I've not done enough testing yet but everything seems to work fine for now with the exception of the changes I made to the resolution. And even that wasn't a huge problem. Probably just a problem with the frame for the "pre-battle character selection window" being too big for the smaller resolution, so it ended up repeating on the top of the screen in a weird manner. There might already be an easy fix for this if it's possible to adjust the position and/or size of this (and the other) windows somewhere?

Anyway, unfortunately I couldn't get this TBS system to work in my main project. Although I'm convinced this is due to my own lack of understanding and general cluelessness for how to setup and use LeTBS. This even after I studied Chaosicaa's demo as well as this (old?) documentation.
I couldn't find any other tutorials either, although to be fair, I've not read through all ~80 pages of this thread (yet!) and I suspect there are some good stuff to be found. But the lack of easy-to-find information and documentation is a little... problematic. I still love what this plugin can do and the fact that you've been working on it for such a long time makes the project even more promising, looking towards the future!

Plea for help... <---
I really, really want to use this battle system so I'd appreciate if anyone could explain exactly what I need to do (step-by-step if possible) to get this working in a clean project with minimalistic settings. You (as in anyone willing to help) don't need to explain all the fancy features, just enough that me (and others who read this) can get a bare bones version of LeTBS up and running.

I'm thinking something like 1 actor (with one skill) fighting 1 enemy (with another skill) on a small battle map that you're thrown into as soon as the game starts (by utilizing an auto-event I'll assume). How do I do that?

Which ones of the plugin files do I need? ...and is the order they're set up in the demo the best?
What settings do I need to make (in what plugin parameters) to get started?
What Note Tag(s) do I need to add, and where?
And what about troop settings?
And map settings (necessary note tags/regions/events/etc)?
And how should I make the event that starts the actual battle?
...anything else?

I realize some of it might seem so obvious that it's ridiculous of me to ask. But then again, I obviously made some mistakes during this process when trying to set it up myself outside of the demo since it didn't work. So I'd like it very much if someone took the time to go through it all with me. :kaoluv:

@Lecode
Thank you! Still a long way to go though.
I realize there might still be many months, or even year(s?) until this plugin is in it's final version. That's OK with me. Because besides what bugs that still might be hiding, it's already good enough to be considered a functional battle system in it's current version. You even have great comparability with Yanfly's library!

This is the first time I've seen a TBS system for any RPGmaker that actually seems to be stable and well supported. It's such an valuable plugin to the community that like I said, I'll strongly consider joining ******* (just for you)... as soon as I get my first paycheck from the new job that I'll expect to start next month... as I'm currently unemployed and pretty much br0ke. :kaocry:

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did some quick and dirty testing by adding some of the plugins vital to my project to Chaosicaa's demo (linked in the first post). The plugins I tried out were;
--
Shaz Pixel Gauges
Galv's Layer Graphics
Khas Advanced Fog
(+Khas Core & Khas Graphics as they are needed to run the fog plugin)
Victor Engine's Sfont (+Victor Engine Basic Module as it's needed to run the Sfont plugin)
*tried changing the resolution in Yanfly's Core Engine to 896x512 (what my game is using)
--
I've not done enough testing yet but everything seems to work fine for now with the exception of the changes I made to the resolution. And even that wasn't a huge problem. Probably just a problem with the frame for the "pre-battle character selection window" being too big for the smaller resolution, so it ended up repeating on the top of the screen in a weird manner. There might already be an easy fix for this if it's possible to adjust the position and/or size of this (and the other) windows somewhere?

Anyway, unfortunately I couldn't get this TBS system to work in my main project. Although I'm convinced this is due to my own lack of understanding and general cluelessness for how to setup and use LeTBS. This even after I studied Chaosicaa's demo as well as this (old?) documentation.
I couldn't find any other tutorials either, although to be fair, I've not read through all ~80 pages of this thread (yet!) and I suspect there are some good stuff to be found. But the lack of easy-to-find information and documentation is a little... problematic. I still love what this plugin can do and the fact that you've been working on it for such a long time makes the project even more promising, looking towards the future!

Plea for help... <---
I really, really want to use this battle system so I'd appreciate if anyone could explain exactly what I need to do (step-by-step if possible) to get this working in a clean project with minimalistic settings. You (as in anyone willing to help) don't need to explain all the fancy features, just enough that me (and others who read this) can get a bare bones version of LeTBS up and running.

I'm thinking something like 1 actor (with one skill) fighting 1 enemy (with another skill) on a small battle map that you're thrown into as soon as the game starts (by utilizing an auto-event I'll assume). How do I do that?

Which ones of the plugin files do I need? ...and is the order they're set up in the demo the best?
What settings do I need to make (in what plugin parameters) to get started?
What Note Tag(s) do I need to add, and where?
And what about troop settings?
And map settings (necessary note tags/regions/events/etc)?
And how should I make the event that starts the actual battle?
...anything else?

I realize some of it might seem so obvious that it's ridiculous of me to ask. But then again, I obviously made some mistakes during this process when trying to set it up myself outside of the demo since it didn't work. So I'd like it very much if someone took the time to go through it all with me. :kaoluv:

@Lecode

I realize there might still be many months, or even year(s?) until this plugin is in it's final version. That's OK with me. Because besides what bugs that still might be hiding, it's already good enough to be considered a functional battle system in it's current version. You even have great comparability with Yanfly's library!

This is the first time I've seen a TBS system for any RPGmaker that actually seems to be stable and well supported. It's such an valuable plugin to the community that like I said, I'll strongly consider joining ******* (just for you)... as soon as I get my first paycheck from the new job that I'll expect to start next month... as I'm currently unemployed and pretty much br0ke. :kaocry:
Chaosicaas demo is the best one to go off. The order there is correct

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
FYI.

I have yet to find an upper limit on how many enemies it supports, but my current calculations are 50-100 work fine

Scribbled out the enemies, because they are part of the FES resource pack

upload_2018-5-2_12-5-43.png

I also did find errors with LARGE scopes.

Say you have a heal skill that has a range of 20 cells. this is aloooot of cells to fill for the TBS, but thankfully, using select_scope massively reduces this.

Also, I created a cool aura:
I didn't fill it all in, because yeah......
(I don't use this scope data, i use square(5,20) this was for showing friends of mine)
Anyone who is 5cells to 20 cells away from my Paladin, gets 1 of 2 auras (Depending on which he used - both have the same aoe)
1). Distant Healing: Grants a 5% Regen Effect to any ally that wanders 5 cells away. Lasts 5 turns. 20 cell distance limit

2). Distant Protection: Grants a 25% MaxHp and DEF buff to any ally that wanders 5 cells away. Lasts 5 turns. 20 cell distance limit
upload_2018-5-2_12-10-13.png

My favorites however are
Guardian Angel and Aura of Sacrifice

GA: If Target Receives fatal damage, user of this spell takes the damage instead. Lasts 3 Turns
This is a skill that inflicts a state on target, target checks against hard-coded caster name.. If Target would die, the original caster takes the FULL
damage instead of the target. -- Perfect for glass cannons, Paladin takes all the damage your squishy mages will take.

AoS: Grants an aura around user. If allies would take fatal damage, user takes damage instead.
Same thing as Guardian Angel, only this time, it casts an aura around user of square(1) exclude center that protects anyone around him.

These were tricky because I wanted only one character to do this. So the state parameters explicitly refer to him.

Last edited:

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pharonix
I thought it might've been the case but since the plugins also lack help files or documentation it's a little bit of a guessing game to figure out what's what.

Would you be able to tell me what the absolute minimal necessary setup would be to get 1 actor and 1 enemy on the battle field? Just hitting each other with some basic attacks even, because I have some problems getting even that to work for me (in a new clean project).

From what I could see I need to add note tags to the "actor", the actor's "class" as well as the "skill(s)" that class use.
Then I'd need to add note tags to the enemy (and the skills the enemy uses).
And the map needs to be painted with the two regions that have been selected for collisions too, and they I need to have at least one empty event with a note tag that says <Actor Cell> and one that says <Enemy Cell>, right?

I did all this (to the best of my understanding) and tried to launch the battle itself by creating an event that said this:

◆Plugin Command:LeTBS ON
◆Plugin Command:LeTBSWinCds Clear
◆Plugin Command:LeTBSWinCds Add Defeat All
◆Battle Processing:#0001

But what happened was the game started a normal battle for me instead.

Maybe I need to make some settings inside the plugin manager as well?:kaoeh:

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pharonix

I did all this (to the best of my understanding) and tried to launch the battle itself by creating an event that said this:

◆Plugin Command:LeTBS ON
◆Plugin Command:LeTBSWinCds Clear
◆Plugin Command:LeTBSWinCds Add Defeat All
◆Battle Processing:#0001

But what happened was the game started a normal battle for me instead.

Maybe I need to make some settings inside the plugin manager as well?:kaoeh:
upload_2018-5-2_12-20-7.png

You also need at least 2 events

upload_2018-5-2_12-20-53.png
upload_2018-5-2_12-21-8.png

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pharonix

Yes, I know (although they don't need to be named "Enemy" and "Ally" right?). Maybe you missed it since the way I wrote my last post was kind of messy but I did make one of each of those empty events and add the note tags to them.

Let's see. I didn't add the plugin files called "Tween" or "TweenJS_MVpatch". Are they some kind of library just like "easystar" that I need to add as well?

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pharonix

Yes, I know (although they don't need to be named "Enemy" and "Ally" right?). Maybe you missed it since the way I wrote my last post was kind of messy but I did make one of each of those empty events and add the note tags to them.

Let's see. I didn't add the plugin files called "Tween" or "TweenJS_MVpatch". Are they some kind of library just like "easystar" that I need to add as well?
The Tween MVpatch contains some fixes for lecode, so yes, you should use those.

as for which plugins you absolutely need: pretty much all of them:
encounters and battle log are not required.
scan command isn't either if you don't want to use it, and autobattle is only there if you want it.
upload_2018-5-2_12-50-17.png

Last edited:

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll do my best to get the doc ready for 0.8. I know it is vital.
I have a goal on my ******* page to make tutorial videos monthly but besides that ******* thing I do want to do it. It's just that I never find the time.

I realize there might still be many months, or even year(s?) until this plugin is in it's final version
Probably the final version by Novembe~December. And after that it'll still evolve but much more slowly so I could focus on something else after all these years, lol.

That's OK with me. Because besides what bugs that still might be hiding, it's already good enough to be considered a functional battle system in it's current version. You even have great comparability with Yanfly's library!

Thank you so much and I do hope you join us on *******!

Would you be able to tell me what the absolute minimal necessary setup would be to get 1 actor and 1 enemy on the battle field?
Pretty much what Pharonix said. If you're having an error please let us know the logs. And make sure you have all the required animations.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pharonix
Thank you for being so helpful! :kaojoy: It's much appreciated! I've added screenshots of my error msg as well as the database, map, events and plugin list. More or less everything else I could think of that was relevant.

The screenshots are at the end of this post (inside spoilers) in case you'd like to help me get this battle system working.

@Lecode
Wow, you're planning to finish this in 2018? That would be something! In that case this plugin will probably be in it's final version before my game is (which is even better for me). :kaopride:

I'm also very much looking forward to 0.8 since I'm sure this wouldn't be so difficult with proper documentation. Might as well ask, is there any public information on what else 0.8 might bring to the table?

And then I have some questions regarding some of the plugins in the demo (I know @Chaosicaa made the demo but still...).
I understand that any plugin starting with "Le" or "LeTBS" is made by you and therefore your Terms of Use as well as credit to you would suffice. But what about "Tween.js"; "TweenJS_MVPatch.js", "easystar" & "Rhyme_MapSmoothScrolling.js"? Who made these and what terms of use and credits would I need to apply to my game?

Since my project is a commercial one that'll eventually go on STEAM and other platforms (fingers crossed), I'm very careful with the ToS and credits.

Lastly, thanks for your time!

----------------------------
To anyone helpful who has some time to spare, I've added all the information I could think of as relevant below in some neat screenshots.

Thanks in advance!

----------------------------

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pharonix
Thank you for being so helpful! :kaojoy: It's much appreciated! I've added screenshots of my error msg as well as the database, map, events and plugin list. More or less everything else I could think of that was relevant.

The screenshots are at the end of this post (inside spoilers) in case you'd like to help me get this battle system working.
You used the old sprite configuration for enemy slime.
That's the setup prior to 77.2

Use this as a base.
This applies to actors and enemies.

<letbs_sprite>
pose(idle): use_chara, Evil, 0
pose(dead): use_chara, Damage2, 0, 0
turn_order: auto
status_sprite: auto
</letbs_sprite>

If you don't want a dead pose, add
has_no_corpse

Replace Evil in pose(idle): use_chara, Evil, 0
with the character sheet name,
Replace the 0 with how many frames it is. (A three frame animation in the sheet Evil should be
pose(idle): use_chara, Evil, 3

pose(dead): use_chara, Damage2, 0, 0
The first 0 i think points to the index. (A normal sheet has 8 sprite sets, numbered 0-7)
the second zero i think points to the index of THAT sheet (Damage sheets have 4 dead battlers per) So I think the second zero points to that.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you @Pharonix , I changed the note tag for the slime to this:

<letbs_sprite>
pose(idle): use_chara, Monster, 1
has_no_corpse
turn_order: auto
status_sprite: auto
ai_pattern: melee_fighter
</letbs_sprite>

...It's the same stuff that you suggested I'd use as a base. I've only changed the filename and index number being used for the "pose(idle):", as well as adding the "ai_pattern: melee_fighter" (I think that is correct) line. In any case, that first error msg did go away (for now at least).

But, I still can't successfully get into battle because now there's a new error msg instead. Something about not being able to read 'position' of undefined.:kaoswt2:

Yuago

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello! I've come to report a bug that is very disturbing to me!
With LeTbs as a plugin I find myself having SE (like cursor1) that only launch twice out of 3 times. In the menus if I come to harass the up and down keys a hundred times, I sometimes hear a certain sound pattern where silence gets stuck between certain actions! (I use the demo 0.77 provided as a link!)

How can I fix this problem? Thanks for your help and thanks to LeCode for providing a great TBS plugin! <3

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
But, I still can't successfully get into battle because now there's a new error msg instead. Something about not being able to read 'position' of undefined.:kaoswt2:
Make sure you have the "Battler positioned" animation. You can change that ID in the plugin parameter of LeTBS.js.

If you don't want a dead pose, add
has_no_corpse
Actually "has_no_corpse" doesn't do anything now. To unset the dead pose just leave ou pose(dead) from the configuration :).
Well as far as I recall...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hello guys im new here an i hope i can learn something. I am work actully on my own Plugin for a Tactical Grid Based Battle System.
Ami
--- Equipment Microtransaction ---

M.Knight: How much this item?
Merchant: 79.99 REAL Money
(After Do Transaction In Real World)
Merchant: Thanks,come back again!
(In Distand)
M.Knight: (Smile With Regret) Goodbye...My Dream Console And PC Gaming
Hello folks, I'm an old member deciding to reenter the forum. Greetings :D
When a parent (of a less than adult aged child) is like
"Oh, I'm like a friend to my child. We're friends."
I'm like