Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Make sure you have the "Battler positioned" animation. You can change that ID in the plugin parameter of LeTBS.js.

Actually "has_no_corpse" doesn't do anything now. To unset the dead pose just leave ou pose(dead) from the configuration :).
Well as far as I recall...
It works in my version (77) anyway. it keeps me from needing to make dummy "_dead" sprites.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lecode
Wow! That was it! Thank you for pointing that out. The default setting refers to "animation 124", and the default database entries for animations stops at 120. Sneaky! Might I suggest that you consider changing the default animation number (what's written in the plugin parameter before you change it) to a lower number so it works without changing the parameters in a clean project like this? Since LeTBS consists of so many different plugin files it's likely newbies (like me) will miss out on this setting.

Anyway, thank you. Right after that I got another error which I could easily solve myself (the game couldn't find the "Window2" file in the system folder (what's up with the "Window2" file though? What's it used for and why is it needed? Why not use the regular "Window" file?).

Then after copying the file from the demo I finally(!) got to place Harold the Hero on the battle field. Woo! The enemies spawned too, and everything seemed fine...

...But then.... nothing happens! :kaoeh:

There is no error msg but the command window does not appear and the game doesn't even show the squares around harold (which marks his "move zone"). I can't even move the selector around the map? Bascially, I can't do nothing but the game probably hasn't freezed.

Here's a print screen of what it looks like for me. I'm stuck like this it seems....

[EDIT; Btw, why is the number "2" on one of the slimes green when the other numbers are white?]

Last edited:

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lecode
Wow! That was it! Thank you for pointing that out. The default setting refers to "animation 124", and the default database entries for animations stops at 120. Sneaky! Might I suggest that you consider changing the default animation number (what's written in the plugin parameter before you change it) to a lower number so it works without changing the parameters in a clean project like this? Since LeTBS consists of so many different plugin files it's likely newbies (like me) will miss out on this setting.

Anyway, thank you. Right after that I got another error which I could easily solve myself (the game couldn't find the "Window2" file in the system folder (what's up with the "Window2" file though? What's it used for and why is it needed? Why not use the regular "Window" file?).

Then after copying the file from the demo I finally(!) got to place Harold the Hero on the battle field. Woo! The enemies spawned too, and everything seemed fine...

There is no error msg but the command window does not appear and the game doesn't even show the squares around harold (which marks his "move zone"). I can't even move the selector around the map? Bascially, I can't do nothing but the game probably hasn't freezed.

Here's a print screen of what it looks like for me. I'm stuck like this it seems....

[EDIT; Btw, why is the number "2" on one of the slimes green when the other numbers are white?]
can you send me the battle begin event again?

I think you might be stuck in a loop (Due to your autorun event).
I recommend putting a "Selfswitch A ON" call after calling the battle , and add a second page with "Self Switch A ON" this will disable your "Autorun" event.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lecode
What do I add to a skill to make the AOE only affect allies or enemies.
Scope_Select is great for selections, but I have aoe heals that end up healing enemies, and I'd rather not make a sequence for every skill

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Lecode
Scope_Select is great for selections, but I have aoe heals that end up healing enemies, and I'd rather not make a sequence for every skill
Why not just make 1 aoe heal sequence and use it for every aoe heal skill

That how I do it anyway {aoe}_allies works wonders.
But I agree scope select should have expanded options like only targeting dead or alive targets

On another note is there a way to use muti selection and make it like upto 5 targets instead of having to select all 5

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So
Why not just make 1 aoe heal sequence and use it for every aoe heal skill

That how I do it anyway {aoe}_allies works wonders.
But I agree scope select should have expanded options like only targeting dead or alive targets

On another note is there a way to use muti selection and make it like upto 5 targets instead of having to select all 5
That's kinda how I have it set up. but if there was a tag for it, I'd rather use that.

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A

Oh no...We were close.
Definitely check what Pharonix says. Don't use a parallel event to trigger the battle. Keep the event options by default.

Because it's the next player in the timeline.

@Lecode
If I recall there is aoe_options: exclude_allies, exclude_enemies.

Nope, that's not supported :/

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's an interesting bug.

If you use the "Dash Button" (Shift by default) during battle, it will crash.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'x' of null
at Function.BattleManagerTBS.centerCell (LeTBS_RhymeSmoothMapScrolling.js:38)
at Function.InputHandlerTBS.updateExplorationInput (LeTBS.js:1716)
at Function.InputHandlerTBS.update (LeTBS.js:1650)
at Function.InputHandlerTBS.update (LeTBS_AutoBattle.js:210)
at Scene_Battle.update (LeTBS.js:1199)
at Scene_Battle.update (YEP_Debugger.js:2658)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:2024)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1983)
at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1907)rpg_managers.js:1949 SceneManager.catchExceptionrpg_managers.js:1910 SceneManager.update

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
is there a way to make it so my party can pass thru each-other but enemies cant pass thru them if not i wanna suggest that as a feature XD

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hmm i have a battle with 6 enemies vs 3 actors a get like 4 turns in and the turn order thing break right after one of the units move
upload_2018-5-3_19-48-22.png

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pharonix & @Lecode
Thanks to both of you! Even with just a few people active in this thread right now, the response time and assistance is still great! That trigger event was the culprit! I didn't think about it looping but since I didn't setup a separate battle map that actually makes sense.
And with that, this bare bones setup for the battle system now works flawlessly (as far as I can tell). Tried to break it but it seems stable. Not many variables that could go wrong at this point though. This is great! :kaoluv:

Unfortunately my questions aren't going to stop just yet (will they ever?). Now that this foundation is working I want to get deeper into skill creation as well as finding out what plugin settings are possible (I want to customize the GUI in the future).
So I have a "few" more questions (sorry if I'm coming on strong. I tend to get super impatient and hyper active whenever something interests me a lot, I'll settle down eventually when I got the hang of things and can work more independently. Promise!:kaoswt:).

But without further due...

1. I asked before but is there a special reason for the "Window2" file? Is it just there to give you an option to use another windows skin for the battle system if you want to? And it's not important in any other way? I can just make a copy of my normal windows skin and that's okay?

2. Can I rely on the regular database configurations for damage formulas, success rate, MP/TP cost(s), TP gain, repitation(s) as well as critical hit chance and additional effects? Basically, all the entry fields in the database's skill window except "Scope" (which from what I understand you have to define in the note tag) is taken into account even when using LeTBS? If not, what other configurations should I skip?

3. Can I trust most of the Note Tags and other commands on this page, or has most of them changed to something else?

4. I'm trying to figure out how to set up the skills and from what I can tell this is my current understanding of it, any misunderstandings so far?

<letbs>
scope: circle(x,y) <--- The area within which you can target enemies to attack. x = max rage, y = min range (why max range first?)
aoe: circle(x,y) <--- The area of effect after you've targeted an enemy (for single target attacks not needed?). "x"&"y" same as above?
sequence: xy <--- The actual effect of the skill being used (together with the damage formula and other database information?)
</letbs>

For a very simple AoE, I assume the above settings would work? Given that you change the "x"'s and the "y"'s to something that made sense of course.

Then if it's a skill that will be used by an AI you would add something like this to tell the game what type of skill it is, correct?

<letbs_AI>
type: offense
<--- chose one (or more) from the list of what's available: offence, healing, support, move, push, pull summon.
</letbs_AI>

I assume the AI "type:" tag tells the game what category(s) the skill belongs to so when you apply AI behaviors to enemies they know what skills to pick from?

Actually, out of all of the above, looking at the github documentation (which I'm not sure is 100% correct in all it says anymore), the sequences are probably the most confusing to me right now. I probably need someone to explain that further.

More complex questions/suggestions @Lecode

1a. Is it currently possible to have a skill that applies a state (or otherwise) charm/mind controls an enemy unit (and not only player being able to control enemy units but also enemy units taking control over your party members!). If not I'd like to suggest it as a feature since the confusion AI, while cool in it's own way, isn't really the same.

While I remember seeing someone else suggesting something similar about a year ago in this thread, I'm still just 25% done though reading this thread so maybe it's been further talked about already, in which case sorry.

2a. Is it possible to grant units attack of opportunities when two units are locked in melee and one unit tries to move away? If not, I'd suggest this feature as well since as it is by default there is no reason not to take the extra time to flank the enemy with your move points EVERY turn. And I think smart OCD players (like myself) will feel forced to take this chance whenever possible, and it'll make it more of a chore than a fun thing. Also, being able to add attack of opportunities (and configure their strength/effect) does make the strategy even more deep! :kaopride:

I'd also like to add that an attack of opportunity should be able to be configured for each direction independently. That way you can set it up so all units gets it when facing the enemy head on, But only some scouts or especially "aware" units get that same attack chance when disengaged from the sides (or from the back).

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hmm

2 Scope Repeat and speed are useless everything else in the skill tab should work
3 they work i have used them all, but alot of sections are missing commands but the ones that are there do function
4 yeah scopes arent too bad ill leave you an example
<letbs>
scope: circle(4,2)
</letbs>
<Cooldown: 4>
<letbs_AI>
</letbs_AI>
Simple move from my project it works just as you describe.

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sequences have a little learning curve but if you study the config file and look at the demo of the working skills i think you could figure it out.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@forteller
Thanks. In that case I'll start making some simple skills using the available documentation.

Tell me though, why is the <Cooldown:> tag outside and sandwiched between the "LeTBS" and the "LeTBS_AI" tag(s)? Does it belong to another plugin?

...is it maybe yanfly's skill cooldown?

IAreMoocow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Remember Shining Force 2? I want to set up attack animations similar to those. The animation would have a few parts:

1.) Quick fade to black.
2.) Determine result of the attack -- hit or miss
3.) Load battleback, determined by the map the battle takes place on
4.) Load animation of the attacker, moving right to left across the screen. May include sound.
5.) Load animation of the defender, depending on hit or miss
6.) Quick fade back to the map/battle screen

I know this isn't going to be supported out of the box, and likely isn't simple to get working how I envision it, but I'm pretty confident I can get it working once I get a handle on few things.

1.) Is there an event I can easily hook into before an attack action takes place?
2.) Is it even possible to determine the result of the action in advance? Or perhaps determine what the percentage chance *would* be for success, then pick a random number based on that percentage, and force a result that matches that outcome?
3.) How have people gotten around the fact that events are not functions that can take parameters? E.G. I would need to play specific animations for each attacker and defender, but wouldn't be able to pass that information to the event. I could set that information in global variables, but the developer in me feels icky about that.

Thanks in advance!

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lecode
Hm... Do I need to open the LeTBS_Config.js and edit the code inside it to create some skills? Like for example, any skill using a "custom" Scope?

And if that's the case, since I read somewhere that you were going to change the way you handle the config file in 0.8 (whenever it arrives) so you can set this stuff up in the "Common Event" section of the database instead... it might be a good idea for me to wait for that feature before moving on to the more "unique" skills that would require me to otherwise dig into the config file. Especially if I'll end up having to reconfigure it in a month or two anyway because the plugin(s) got updated.
-----
Just to put it out there, what I'm trying to make is a ranged charge skill called "Arrow Rain" where the actor charges his attack for 1 turn and then with an AoE that looks like this..

...strikes all those blue squares a random number of times (either 1, 2 or 3 times). If possible I'd like the randomness be calculated for each square but besides being a little cautious about fiddling with the LeTBS_Config.js file directly, I'm also wondering if this kind of skill might cause quite a bit of lag, if it's even possible? Oh, and I'd like this skill to have friendly fire too, so it'll hit both friends and foe's if you're not careful.

Buuuut... if some part of this isn't possible in the current version, or if it creates a lot of lag (or ends up very complicated), then I might re-think the skill and continue on with some simpler ones that I probably can do without touching the config meanwhile.

[EDIT; ...and on that note, there is something else I want to do which I think might be easier (but still might require config file edits?). The character who uses the skill above is an archer and I want him (and any other archer-class in the game) to not use the normal "Attack" option (the one you select directly in the command menu).

Instead of that default "one-square melee attack", I want my archer unit's "normal attack" to have a max scope of 4 and a min range of 2 (so they can't fight in close melee).]

Last edited:

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Your archer skill is kinda of a handful to create but the are similar skills in the demo where it rains Down Fire x times randomly in an aoe you could adapt that with relative ease. if i was at home id make it for you maybe later if you havent figured it out i will do.

For the archers basic attack just make another skill for it give it l circle (4,2) as a scope take a look at the command documentation it there you can make an actors command box have whatever you want you can replace there default attack skill with any other skill.

You also need to make a custom aoe using the air creator both of these thing do currently require config file edit to do.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@forteller
Thanks! :) Are you maybe thinking of that volcano ground skill? It has a different scope than what I wanted so that would also have to be changed.

Hm.. I'd like to stay clear from the config file for now (at least until I know if @Lecode is planning to change things and if it'll be soon).
But at the same, studying the demo, most skills seems to be using config file settings in one way or another. It seems you need to get in there to add any kind of projectile even. So maybe I can't really get much done in the database without figuring that part out too (it looks somewhat complicated).

The "Arrow Rain" skill I described above would probably be a handful to make, true. So I might wait with that for now, we'll see. If possible I'd like to at least get the standard attack for the archers-class changed though. That's a much higher priority.
But looking though the 'help' section of the "LeTBS_Commands" file I didn't see what I could do to delete/hide the standard attack even if I managed to ulterize the "extra" slot to make a new attack?

Hey what about the default attacks that you get with each new project in MV? The "attack", "guard", "dual attack", double attack", "tripple attack", "escape" & "wait". Can I go ahead and delete those entries? Do LeTBS use them as reference for anything what so ever?

Last edited:

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@forteller
Thanks! :) Are you maybe thinking of that volcano ground skill? It has a different scope than what I wanted so that would also have to be changed.

Hm.. I'd like to stay clear from the config file for now (at least until I know if @Lecode is planning to change things and if it'll be soon).
But at the same, studying the demo, most skills seems to be using config file settings in one way or another. It seems you need to get in there to add any kind of projectile even. So maybe I can't really get much done in the database without figuring that part out too (it looks somewhat complicated).

The "Arrow Rain" skill I described above would probably be a handful to make, true. So I might wait with that for now, we'll see. If possible I'd like to at least get the standard attack for the archers-class changed though. That's a much higher priority.
But looking though the 'help' section of the "LeTBS_Commands" file I didn't see what I could do to delete/hide the standard attack even if I managed to ulterize the "extra" slot to make a new attack?

Hey what about the default attacks that you get with each new project in MV? The "attack", "guard", "dual attack", double attack", "tripple attack", "escape" & "wait". Can I go ahead and delete those entries? Do LeTBS use them as reference for anything what so ever?
I made arrow rain.

It's not elegant, buuuut

Skill notebox
<letbs>
scope: circle(4)
aoe: circle(2)
sequence: arrow_rain
</letbs>
<letbs_AI>
</letbs_AI>
<Cooldown: 3>
<Warmup: 3>

I have a modified "Arrow_Storm" thats the same but it just calls the "Call for every entity" multiple times

<letbs>
scope: circle(4)
aoe: circle(2)
sequence: arrow_storm
</letbs>
<letbs_AI>
</letbs_AI>
<Cooldown: 3>
<Warmup: 3>

sequence configuration

"arrow_rain": [
"call: pre-skill",
"call_for_every_entity: arrow_dmg, {aoe}_enemies",
"call: post-skill"
],

"arrow_storm": [
"call: pre-skill",
"call: post-skill"
],
"arrow_dmg": [
"projectile: bow_arrow, user_cell, saved(every_entity)",
"effects: saved(every_entity), current_obj, obj_anim"
],

EDIT: the way I have it, it creates projectiles and fires them.
You can forego this if you have an animation of an arrow raining down, then you only need "effects: saved(every_entity), current_obj, obj_anim" in the arrow_dmg config

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"Let us be absolutely clear about this: "
Miss posting updates of my projects here...miss having time to work on my projects
I'm not sure if it's okay or not, I update it often because I think it's not.
Ami
--- Dumped ---

Hero: Please go out with me!
F.Healer: (Silent In 10 Seconds) I refuse.
Hero: ???
F.Healer: I don't want my friendship with F.Mage is ruined because i'm in your side. so...i'm sorry. (Running)
Hero: (Glass Break SFX)
I really wish to have listened someone's advice regarding writing, because I'm a little stuck.

Guys, if you have a whole story in mind, and you strongly believe it's going to work, make the effort of writing it. Because if you get stuck in a scene, you might have to re-assess it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aheronamedhawke