Lecode Tactical Battle System 0.77.2B

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm but have you tried evaling with the stats of the actor I think that it what's not working like a.atk works in skills menu, but it won't generate in combat

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@forteller - No, for some reason the WAY_EvalText doesn't seem to recognize who is actually selected (Who's turn it is)
Not sure if its an issue with Way, or with LeTBS.

@Lecode,

I did this in the 77.2B demo to test the Escape points:

upload_2018-5-10_14-37-51.png

It does work in the sense it recognizes the plugin call (I forgot the LeTBS part before it)
but it doesn't erase the entity.

I checked my plugin vs yours and their interpretLeTBS_RemoveEntity functions are identical

EDIT2:
Guess I broke it lol:
upload_2018-5-10_15-35-33.png

I tried to force entity in RemoveEntity with BattleManagerTBS.activeEntity()
and it exploded lol.

What I did sort of works, if I leave the destroyEntity(entity, true) as FALSE, but then when it rolls around to them, it hangs up.

the error seems to be in this call: this.removeEntityTurn(entity);

Last edited:

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New Post to keep things clean

The code I added actually fixed it, but the error was caused by this:

If the Index of the actor being deleted was 0, this resulted in a new active index of -1, so i added a constraint here to reset it to 0
upload_2018-5-10_16-14-24.png

Below is my Test:

upload_2018-5-10_16-15-29.png

Trigger Activated:
upload_2018-5-10_16-15-46.png

SHAZAM:
upload_2018-5-10_16-16-15.png

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New Post to keep things clean

The code I added actually fixed it, but the error was caused by this:

If the Index of the actor being deleted was 0, this resulted in a new active index of -1, so i added a constraint here to reset it to 0
View attachment 89653

Below is my Test:

View attachment 89654

Trigger Activated:
View attachment 89655

SHAZAM:
View attachment 89656

So it works pretty well, except when the entity that needs to live, escapes.
Then it doesn't know that she's alive.

Accidental Extra Post, meant to edit...

EDIT:

Anyway, I got around it, by doing the following:
Set up the "Prevent actor death" and "Escape" conditions, so they show in the Battle start menu.
upload_2018-5-10_16-32-31.png

THEN, in enemy troop, I reset the conditions to ONLY escape, and utilize a parallel <TBS Event> to determine
if the actor is alive or not., then I trigger a custom "Game Over" event.

upload_2018-5-10_16-33-12.png

So with this, I'm happy.

Last edited:

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So has the turn order plugin broke for anyone else kinda wanna know how to at least ban aid the bug until 8.0 comes out it stopping my testing since getting past turn 4 breaks combat, i know its on line 300. Even if i had to change something temporarily in order to complete battles

Property X of null

Last edited:

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So has the turn order plugin broke for anyone else kinda wanna know how to at least ban aid the bug until 8.0 comes out it stopping my testing since getting past turn 4 breaks combat, i know its on line 300. Even if i had to change something temporarily in order to complete battles

Property X of null
Would you be able to send me a copy of your project? Full copy if possible. (With instructions if possible on how to initiate the "Broken" Fight)
If you don't want to, it's fine.

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So if you just go into the test area and fight it well happen in a few turns no other real instructions but i know that i couldn't recreate the bug when there were few actors involved so 1v1 2v2 it never happened also never happened if i make turn go by without taking any actions.

Edit opps meant to pm that lol will send link when upload finishes

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So if you just go into the test area and fight it well happen in a few turns no other real instructions but i know that i couldn't recreate the bug when there were few actors involved so 1v1 2v2 it never happened also never happened if i make turn go by without taking any actions.

Edit opps meant to pm that lol will send link when upload finishes
Every time I managed to recreate it, someone was dead.
I don't have time to keep looking tonight, but try to run a test or two without anyone(ally or enemy) dying.

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NVM: I solved this by removing the LeTBS files, redownloading them and reinstalling them. Not sure what caused the issue.

Hi everyone,

Great plugin! I'm currently playing through the demo included with the download (the one with the bandits) and the game crashes whenever a status effect marker/icon (death, trapped, etc) pops up:

upload_2018-5-12_0-5-14.png

I haven't made any alterations to the demo. Does anyone know a fix for this? Could it be the wrong plugin order?

Last edited:

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lecode
Here's a slightly silly question for you. Does this collection of plugins ulterize/create events behind the scenes (that the dev didn't place themselves?). Like the battle maps for example. In the default combat system you use battlers which are just pictures being drawn, but since this is a TBS I suspect the entities on the map (with walking graphics, collision detection and what not) act more like events than anything else. I just want to know if they technically ARE events. Or if everything about them is custom coded from the ground up.

Why do I ask? Well, it's not that important of a question but I was considering trying this One Map Game Challenge, and taking that opportunity to familiarize myself with your TBS as well if possible. It seemed like a good opportunity to do both. But the rules are as following:

You can only use 1 map. <--- I could use the normal map as the battle map so that would be fine.
You get only 10 events (total, combining map and common) <--- But what about this? Does your LeTBS plugin(s) create their own events?
You can onnly use 10 variables
You can only use 10 switches.

Using plugins are allowed but it's a little bit of a gray zone since you're not allowed using plugins that'll circumvent the rules.
I assume your TBS would be ok to use though unless it actually creates events on the battle maps for the combatants or something.

Not that important or pressing issue really. But I'd like to know if possible.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Panda, I dont think youll be able to to that

At the very minimum you could get away with 1 enemy event and spawn others through the troop event,, but a playwr party of 4 will need 4 events minimum. You could cut letbs down to 2 events if you opt for 1v1 fights

Letbs needs at least the following
Letbs turned on
1 win condition
1 enemy cell event
1 actor cell event

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pharonix
Ah, that's true. Didn't take that into consideration, but still, wouldn't that just mean you couldn't do too big fights?

I mean, even with a party of 4 heroes and 4 enemies that's still 8 events used as spawn cells, plus one more needed to actually activate the battle? And you should be able to continue to use that last event for triggering dialogue and more battles later on. In fact, why not use that one event for EVERYTHING (except the spawn cells). The whole game could be a long visual novel styled conversation with battles being triggered in between the banter. When you think about it, that's all there is to most Tactical JRPG's anyway. VN styled text/banter and then tactical battles. Maybe with some shopping and other fluff but that could easily be stripped from a small game.

Also, even with the one map limit, if you make the map big enough, you could probably just move the spawn cells after each battle (if there are more battles than one) and reuse them, right?

I don't see any real problems so far? Maybe I'm missing something though. Also if the plugin code for some reason creates and make use of what would be considered an event during battle that would obviously break the rules so that would have to be taken into consideration too. If that's the case then I guess LeTBS can't be used in this challenge.
------

Btw, I'm well aware that using something like LeTBS for a challenge that's about making a small simple one-map game with heavy limitations is a little silly of me but ... I just can't help but considering it since I'm so into LeTBS right now. Any other battle systems seem dull in comparison now that I started playing with this.:kaopride:

...but if it turns out I'll not be able to cram this (pretty hefty) plugin library into the challenge without breaking any of the rules. Well, then I guess I'd have to come up with something else. Still, would be cool to manage to cram it in... with a crowbar if needed! :kaoswt2:

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Parallax Panda
Technically speaking they act like events but are considered entities by the battle system.
It would c9me down to the 1map challenge determining whether or not to treat then as such

Chaosicaa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone, when helping other people in their projects, I realize that there is one very common mistake people do ( this is true for all types of projects but ESPECIALLY for LeTBS because fights are way longer than other traditional battle system (there is a move phase and it often needs more concentration ) )

The developer should have full control of the project but there is a LOT of time-loss in play-testing so here is a small tutorial that you might like! I hope so! : )

First step :
Remove everything that will slow your play-testing, for example you do not need to show the title screen each time you want to test, there is some plugins over there that disable it (when you will release your beautiful completed project, you will just have to turn the skip title plugin to OFF)

Second step :
Create a stupidly overpowerful character that can solo everything without trouble for debug purposes and make it your main character with some deadly spells with a lot of range, damages, move points, HP and so on).
For example there is a DOOM skill that can clear everything near you in a 20 cell range (just give it insane damage or inflict death state) :
<letbs>
scope: circle(0)
aoe: circle(20)
scope_options: include_center
aoe_options: exclude_center
</letbs>

Third step :
Create a "Debug Room" and start inside it (just after the skipped title screen), many commercial games have a debug room that the player can not access without heavy glitches or hacks and there is a very good reason for it : it saves a LOT of time.
In this room create an event that will autorun and gives you every items in the game, tons of money, potions etc. (then "Self switch A" to disable it).
Create as many NPC as there is maps in your project with a transfer event (you can even save more time with a plugin that will activate those events as soon as you click on them like the "OrangeInstantTriggerMouseEvents" plugin without waiting your player to move.
Same here, you can just disable it when you will release your project.

I recommend you to use "YEP_EventMiniLabel" and label all the events in the Debug Room (For example the Elf character will have the label :
<Mini Label: To Forest>
In it so even if you stop your project for one week or one month, when you will come back to it, you can go back to test easily.
It is faster this way than setting a new starting position each time you want to test something!

Create also events that will add members in the party (at different levels) and remove the "Debug character" and some events that will let you turn ON and OFF and change some of your important switches / variables.

When your project is completed you can erase the Debug Room but I would recommend to just let it be and not give access to it for the player, if you want to upgrade your project after lunching it, you can go back very quickly!

Fourth Step :
Create 2 switchs :
1 switch with the name : Skip all texts
1 switch with the name : Skip all fights

Why that?
Because in rpgs, there is usually a lot of texts and let's say that you want to test a battle in the forest but before doing so, there is a character talking about something, you will have to smash the enter button to skip the dialogue just to test ONCE the battle, then you will have to do this many times and it will just grow frustration in you. (Or you will have to separate the fight from the dialogue, but this kind of small modifications on the fly can lead to careless mistakes causing bugs later.
Same if you want to see how dialogues appears in game but you do not want to fight the second switch is useful.
You can even activate both switches to run through the end of your game in no time!

You can even create a "Cheat menu" later with the possibility to activate these switches.
Double effect! It gives you a proper way to speed-run your play-testing and the player can chose to disable fights for example if he just want to follow your story or if he just want to fight.

For complicated events, keep them easy to read, cut them in pieces with self switches and comment them, if you can not understand your event right away after it is done, you will lose a lot of time!

Here is a sample :
This is a well documented event, I'm not afraid to dig in it anymore.
Sans titre 1.png

When they are items, it is important to give them before the text or it will also skip the item giving! (hightest the difficulty, better the item I obtain).Sans titre 2.png

After using a label, inserting a comment line is easier to read! (I could also set the self switch B to OFF each time, that's just an other way to do it)Sans titre 3.png

I already made a post on how to modify easily the difficulty on the fly but I found a way to equilibrate all the enemies of the whole game at the same time (boss included) it is particularly useful when the game have a tremendous amount of different enemies and you can equilibrate everything in 15 minutes max (takes a lot of hours if you do that individually) with Yanfly enemy levels and comment event-states (LeTBS compatible) and LeDamageFormula, I might make a post about it if it interests someone.

With all this time saving, your project is already nearly done!
Good luck.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for taking the time to respond to all my questions. Much appreciated!

Now, here's a different question (a more vital one!).

In part, maybe I can direct it at @Pharonix since I've seen in past screenshots that you too have used the FES DLC's character sprites.
The problem with these sprites seems to have something to do with their height (they're 64 pixels instead of MV's standard 48 pixels on they Y axis), and this appears to not work well with LeTBS default settings.

How did you fix this in your game?

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for taking the time to respond to all my questions. Much appreciated!

Now, here's a different question (a more vital one!).

In part, maybe I can direct it at @Pharonix since I've seen in past screenshots that you too have used the FES DLC's character sprites.
The problem with these sprites seems to have something to do with their height (they're 64 pixels instead of MV's standard 48 pixels on they Y axis), and this appears to not work well with LeTBS default settings.

How did you fix this in your game?
It's easy actually, but VERY time consuming:
I cut them ALL out and made a 3x4 sheet for every one at 48x64 per sprite.
Then I use the default sprite config to use them. (Also made a copy of every single one for the _walk sprites.
For just the enemies (Which starts with the Slimes) it took me a few hours.

If you don't make specific battlers for everything, it uses the default 48x48

upload_2018-5-15_7-50-19.png

I'm on .77 so I would need to Translate this for you in 77.2b

For my Duckzilla monster:

<Ignore Level Bonus>
<letbs>
auto_turn_order_face
auto_status_sprite
ai_pattern: melee_fighter
move_points: 3
has_no_corpse
sequence(dead): dead_vanish
</letbs>

Because I'm not using RTP_Use, it looks in the LeTBS/Battlers folder for a file called
Duckzilla_idle. The RTP_Use seems to default to 48x48. I do know Lecode was working on the large battlers issue.

upload_2018-5-15_7-57-30.png

Last edited:

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pharonix
I see. Now that you've mentioned it it seems pretty obvious.
Basically, at least in the current version, "RTP_use.js" is of no real use to us, since it expects a sheet of sprites that'd fit withing a 48x48 grid and the FES DLC sprites are larger than that.

So while the RTP_use.js is very simple and time saving, what I have to do is make my own sprite sheets. And in essence, all I have to do for that is cut it so every character is on their own picture since the FES DLC already follows the 4x3 standard, right?

Two questions though.

1. Is "auto_status_sprite" the specific tag that somehow tells the game which sprite to look in the battler folder? I don't see any reference to a file name so how does it know what to look for?
2. Did you make a copy of each character so you could have them stand still (no stepping animation) when they're not moving? If you're ok with stepping animations while they stand still you'd only need one sprite sheet right? Then again, you say you're using two sprite sheets so just like I don't understand how you're specifying the idle animation (none of the tags within the <letbs> & </letbs> seems to refer to any sprites?), hm... now....

...wait a minute. Looking at this, do I have to set up the specific settings for each character in the dreaded config file too? Is that the secret to setting up the custom sprite sheets and calling them to the correct entities? :kaoswt2:

[EDIT; Ok one more question. Why does is your idle sprite animation lack a south/down facing image? Your walk animation has it so that's... weird. ]

Last edited:

Nikitaw99

Pixelmancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I have a few questions to ask:
  1. How do I make a battle with ai-controlled ally characters?
  2. How do I spawn neutral objects (chests, buttons, etc)?
  3. How do I make a battle that has more than 8 enemies?
  4. How do I exactly use the AddEntity event command?

Last edited:

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pharonix
I see. Now that you've mentioned it it seems pretty obvious.
Basically, at least in the current version, "RTP_use.js" is of no real use to us, since it expects a sheet of sprites that'd fit withing a 48x48 grid and the FES DLC sprites are larger than that.

So while the RTP_use.js is very simple and time saving, what I have to do is make my own sprite sheets. And in essence, all I have to do for that is cut it so every character is on their own picture since the FES DLC already follows the 4x3 standard, right?

Two questions though.

1. Is "auto_status_sprite" the specific tag that somehow tells the game which sprite to look in the battler folder? I don't see any reference to a file name so how does it know what to look for?
2. Did you make a copy of each character so you could have them stand still (no stepping animation) when they're not moving? If you're ok with stepping animations while they stand still you'd only need one sprite sheet right? Then again, you say you're using two sprite sheets so just like I don't understand how you're specifying the idle animation (none of the tags within the <letbs> & </letbs> seems to refer to any sprites?), hm... now....

...wait a minute. Looking at this, do I have to set up the specific settings for each character in the dreaded config file too? Is that the secret to setting up the custom sprite sheets and calling them to the correct entities? :kaoswt2:

[EDIT; Ok one more question. Why does is your idle sprite animation lack a south/down facing image? Your walk animation has it so that's... weird. ]
1). No. auto_status_sprite tells the system to use the character's "character" for the status window.

2). No But I did that for my chests (I have treasure chests I spawn in one battle, and needed to make sure they didn't show the alternative images.

3). in 77.2b No, he did away with that sprite config. Now you need to use the pose_idle inside the sprite_config tags.
Like this (From the 77.2B demo. Obviously the only needed one is _idle
pose(pose) is which pose the config is for
_pose is the extension: like duckzilla_idle.png, leave out the .png part though
the # is how many frames the animation is.
<letbs_sprite>
pose(idle): _idle, 1
pose(move): _move, 4
pose(cast): _cast, 3
pose(atk): _atk, 4
pose(hit): _hit, 1
pose(dead): _dead, 1
turn_order: auto
status_sprite: auto
</letbs_sprite>

4). I'm not missing the "Down" image. The top part of some of the images in my folder screenshot got cut-off.

Hello. I have a few questions to ask:
  1. How do I make a battle with ai-controlled ally characters?
  2. How do I spawn neutral objects (chests, buttons, etc)?
  3. How do I make a battle that has more than 8 enemies?
  4. How do I exactly use the AddEntity event command?
1). in the actor's notebox add ai_controlled
2). Use an event with a comment tag:
upload_2018-5-15_13-56-6.png
entities, are either actor(id) or enemy(id)
amounts are a comma delimited list of HOW MANY of each you want
rates are the "spawn rates" - decimal version of "Spawn rate"
locations are where they spawn

If you only want to spawn 1 enemy, just use
amounts: 1
rates: 1
locations: (x,y)
and you're good

Copy/Paste version
entities: enemy(35), enemy(36), enemy(37)

amounts: 2, 1-2, 1

rates: 0.65, 0.25, 0.1

locations: (16,17);(11,19);(22,17);(29,26);(21,13);(16,29)

3). Use FlippelyFlips large troops. Use my Patched version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/psfdkp3t8m8z8n3/FFP_MultipleTroops.js?dl=0

4). like this
Plugin Command: LeTBS AddEntity Enemy(ID) (X,Y) Order(Remake) animationID flag
Enemy(ID) can be replaced with Actor(ID)
Replace (X,Y) with the co-ordinates - keep it as an ordered pair - with the parenthesis
Leave Order(Remake), or use Order(Last)
replace animationID by the id of the animation, or use 0 for no animation
replace flag with the flagID (Name) you want to name them.
upload_2018-5-15_14-4-40.png

If I missed anything you two, let me know.

Nikitaw99

Pixelmancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1). in the actor's notebox add ai_controlled
I already know that much. What I want to do is to have the ai-controlled ally units to be predeployed on the map - just like the enemy troop. I don't want to spawn the units on battle start, since I want the player to be able to see the ally units while they are positioning their actors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I didn't think I'd spend the evening jamming out to the battle theme of a Hole Punch.
Welcome back to the dark era, where everything is in dark mode!
I'm not complaining! :o
Currently without internet due to storm damage and most of our state is devastated. No idea how long I'll be unable to log onto here, but I'll answer questions as soon as I can.
This is supposed to be pso2 photon blast inspired animation
I'm sure this question's been asked before, but I can't find an answer: is there any way to run the Steam version of RPGMaker *without* being logged into Steam? It's a frustrating extra step sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shorp_