Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just find it off-putting for enemy sprites to disappear completely, but also block anyone from occupying that spaces (which is problematic in smaller rooms).

Also I didn't realize that the collapse animation is in the 136 anim slot and will play whatever is currently occupying it. Posting this here in case anyone else has any trouble with it.

Now onto a simpler question: How do I remove the "Attack" action from the action menu? I want to rely on skills only.

Do one of the following:

Edit the default:
upload_2018-6-3_15-56-58.png

Or update each actor individually:

Put this in actor notebox:

<letbs_commands>
move 82, [extra], skills 64, items 176, scan 243, pass 84
</letbs_commands>

EDIT:

Lol didn't see the post above sorry

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It'll be there for 0.8; If by large sprite you mean, "taking more than one cell".

Nope, haven't wrote a compatibility patch for such plugins yet.
Thank you for responding. I believe the problem I'm having is that I'm working with larger sprites in general than the database. So is the standard single tile for 42×42 sprites for can i have larger actors occupying one tile?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for responding. I believe the problem I'm having is that I'm working with larger sprites in general than the database. So is the standard single tile for 42×42 sprites for can i have larger actors occupying one tile?
Some of my sprites are slightly bigger (48x56) and I've had no problems with them. And I imagine as long as they're not a lot bigger (like double the standard size) it should be fine.

I have a question as well. How do I stop actors from influencing the attack range? In my example, 2 seems to be preventing 1 from attacking 3:
Screenshot_289b.png
Additionally, is there a way to prevent allied actors from blocking movement?

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some of my sprites are slightly bigger (48x56) and I've had no problems with them. And I imagine as long as they're not a lot bigger (like double the standard size) it should be fine.

I have a question as well. How do I stop actors from influencing the attack range? In my example, 2 seems to be preventing 1 from attacking 3:
View attachment 91416
Additionally, is there a way to prevent allied actors from blocking movement?
You need to use the tag
passable
and entities can move through the battler.

for skills, you should use

scope_options: through_obstacles
to make the skill scope target through obstacles.

posfan12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Large actor sprites seem to work well. But map (event) sprites have Z-index issues where a character can stand behind the map object, but will appear to step on top of it, despite being set to "same as characters". This happens during combat only.

The Bind Pictures To Map plugin also seems to be incompatible with LeTBS, so parallax maps don't quite work during combat either.

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
The async flow is finally completed :kaophew:.
The road to 1.0 will be lot of fun with all the crazy things we can now do.
Now I just have to optimize the AI, update the doc and deploy =). Omg it seems like I'm working on it since forever.

Basically, what's the best way to limit the aggro of the enemy? I want to make large dungeon like levels, but for that i need the enemies to only react to the player when they are on a certain radius
That's currently not possible but since I can see how easy it can be implemented. I'll do it for the next release.

but also block anyone from occupying that spaces (which is problematic in smaller rooms).
Normally if an entity has no corpse he's automatically set as passable on death.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For aggro range couldn't we do

New tag
Aggro: circle(4)

Turn start
AI manager checks if enemy entity within aggro_{aoe}
//normal AI stuff
Else
//end turn

Edit, I'm on phone so piecemeal

Isn't There a way to get list of entities in move range? We could build aggro off that.

If entities in move range, enable ai, switch "activated to 1" and act nornally

Last edited:

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Normally if an entity has no corpse he's automatically set as passable on death.
Thanks for responding Lecode!

Anyone know of any way to display information like states during battle? I'm trying to get it to display in the scan command.

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's currently not possible but since I can see how easy it can be implemented. I'll do it for the next release.
thank you so much! :)

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nope, haven't wrote a compatibility patch for such plugins yet.
By your statment I was curious if there was then intention to create a plugin for such things?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have another question. How do I make an enemy use a sprite with a different name?

For example, I have two enemies called "Demon", but they have different sprites.
upload_2018-6-6_18-46-19.png
Found a temporary solution for the battlers (which won't work for all enemies), but I have no idea what to type for turn_order and status_sprite, since the only option I've seen so far is "auto":
<letbs_sprite>
pose(idle): F_idle, 1
pose(move): F_move, 4
turn_order: ???
status_sprite: ???

</letbs_sprite>

What should I type there and how do I use an entirely different filename for battlers?

Verrillion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello every one, I am fairly new to the script changes and interface of MV, so I have a couple of beginner questions.
I have worked with a lot of scripts in the past but interacting with it directly does not seem as straight forward any more, is there a way to look at the like, line by line file like how it was in VX Ace?

But also, I tried to copy everything from the demo to a T, but every time a battle starts in my Demo I can place my character, and every thing displays properly but I cannot select my character and no command options open up, after the "Battle Start" graphic appears, its just kind of frozen, unable to select any one or use any commands. The Graphics (appear) to show up properly and my enemies and actors have as many identical features in their note boxes as their demo counterparts. I apologize if this is a very simple but it has left me stumped.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello every one, I am fairly new to the script changes and interface of MV, so I have a couple of beginner questions.
I have worked with a lot of scripts in the past but interacting with it directly does not seem as straight forward any more, is there a way to look at the like, line by line file like how it was in VX Ace?

But also, I tried to copy everything from the demo to a T, but every time a battle starts in my Demo I can place my character, and every thing displays properly but I cannot select my character and no command options open up, after the "Battle Start" graphic appears, its just kind of frozen, unable to select any one or use any commands. The Graphics (appear) to show up properly and my enemies and actors have as many identical features in their note boxes as their demo counterparts. I apologize if this is a very simple but it has left me stumped.

Did you happen to call battle in an "autorun" event?
this makes it hang like this

Verrillion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welp, that was amazingly simple, apologies I can't believe I over looked that. Thank you so much!

section31

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This script was great, I got it when it was at 0.5. I updated my plugin to the new version, worked through a couple of errors no problem, but I have this issue where the enemy wont attack my ships (I am using it for spaceship tactical battler). If I try to input an attack sequence for the ship I get crashes when the ship tries to attack. This is the error I get in the console, not sure what it is. I configured to be the same as your demo but still no dice.

From the behavior I'm seeing and the error messages here, it seems like the AI doesn't know that my ship is the enemy or something. The game only crashes when the enemy tries to attack, if I remove the attack skill from the enemy then it doesn't crash (even though enemy doesn't have the ability to attack)...In other words it only happens when enemy tries to attack right as the sprite flashes.

Here's screenshots of my crash as well as notes section for the battler. Also here's a link to video where the crash is seen in action, hoping somebody can help or has encountered this before.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jda1z03s3ongqa/LETBS Crashing.mp4?dl=0

Attachments

Last edited:

Padramyr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all: Your work is pretty awesome! :)

I just wanted to say that it lags for me pretty hard. I downloaded your demo to test it out but the lag happens very often. Is there anything I can do about it so it doesn't lag that hard?
But besides that it's really cool! :D

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all: Your work is pretty awesome! :)

I just wanted to say that it lags for me pretty hard. I downloaded your demo to test it out but the lag happens very often. Is there anything I can do about it so it doesn't lag that hard?
But besides that it's really cool! :D
I've noticed that its very device specific when it comes to lag.
my old laptop was very laggy, once I got my new one, I can easily handle battles with 50+ enemies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A group of Game creators and others who trying to revive the Feel of Multiplayer and TOWN/ROLEPLAY games
Wow, lots of RPG Maker MV stuff on sale on Steam for 50%-75% off. Steam, why you not tell me?!
looking for help on top secret project
The nick "Toeuia" that I'm using comes from a, idk, you okay the chess game while chit chatting them. The first two are students. Then you know, finally, the champion, and then the champion's sensei. I played like this so many times until suddenly there's another chess master. Very naive but super smart. After he lost, he kinda advised me not to give up on chest. Because the next one was never seen beaten. Touya.
I'm currently playing Ara Fell - I can see why it's had generally good reviews. The exploration aspect is pretty strong and the writing is passable.

The game auto-saves and offers an option to turn back just before each major combat, and immediately brings the player back to the last position saved when there's a TPK. Convenient at the very least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
funland