Lecode Tactical Battle System 0.77.2B

cairn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the battler sprites so i can make some templates to work with? and my sprites dont have walking or attacking anims, they are static. What would be the best way to handle this?

section31

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the battler sprites so i can make some templates to work with? and my sprites dont have walking or attacking anims, they are static. What would be the best way to handle this?
Here's a pack I cooked up for you. It has the default sprites as well as my sprites in it (I am using LETBS to make a space RPG/tactical space battles) so my sprites are spaceships.

Attachments

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
By your statment I was curious if there was then intention to create a plugin for such things?
Yes. As long as the project is alive we will eventually patch everything that need to be patched.

I have another question. How do I make an enemy use a sprite with a different name?
Use the" sprite_name" tag.

From the behavior I'm seeing and the error messages here, it seems like the AI doesn't know that my ship is the enemy or something. The game only crashes when the enemy tries to attack, if I remove the attack skill from the enemy then it doesn't crash (even though enemy doesn't have the ability to attack)...In other words it only happens when enemy tries to attack right as the sprite flashes.
Hm I'm not sure why it crashes...I'm unfortunately very busy with 0.8 now so I can't really take a look. I never saw anyone reporting that error before so I'd bet that's a problem of configuration.

I just wanted to say that it lags for me pretty hard. I downloaded your demo to test it out but the lag happens very often. Is there anything I can do about it so it doesn't lag that hard?
But besides that it's really cool! :D
Lags will disappear in 0.8. That's the whole point of that version :). You can check all the performance optimization I have been working on on the ******* page.
Thanks!

There is no "exact dimensions" per see. It's up to you. But make them too big, and they'd obstruct the battle field.
With custom sprites you can use any dimensions and number of frames you want. The only limit is that each sprite file should have 4 lines, for each direction. (that's a limit that'll disappear in 0.8). For chara sprites that's however different and they should match the default pattern of MV characters.

viruscarrier

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First of all, thanks so much for the great system! It is exactly the type of thing I am looking for for my game.
That being said, I am have a small problem.

I decided in order to prevent errors to simply copy what I have into your demo because I was having trouble merging it with my own game. Which went well, but the only issue is that it opens node-webkit everytime I start the game. Do you know of a way to disable it from doing so?

Thanks again!

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, thanks so much for the great system! It is exactly the type of thing I am looking for for my game.
That being said, I am have a small problem.

I decided in order to prevent errors to simply copy what I have into your demo because I was having trouble merging it with my own game. Which went well, but the only issue is that it opens node-webkit everytime I start the game. Do you know of a way to disable it from doing so?

Thanks again!
I'm sorry, I'm very new to this. Are you talking about the console popup? If so, that can be disabled by turning the console plugin off.

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've read the new patch notes on your progress and I'm so excited! Does this asynchronous flow allow us to take full advantage of the Side Effects add on you have planned? Loved that plugin :)

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, hopefully you can help me figure something out.

Is there any way to show state descriptions (custom text) in battle? Having just icons can be confusing. Specifically, I want to run Yanfly's In Battle Status window with LeTBS.

Last edited:

cairn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anyone know how to do a resurrection skill that revives dead actors within a radius?

eaedwards

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am having a hard time finding the documentation to the update letbs_sprite tags. I often check the GitHub page but wasn't finding it there. Would someone mind pointing me in the right direction either by reposting or sending me a PM I would greatly appreciate it.

ShinyFlygon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
While testing out battles I ran into an issue. Whenever I select the 'Item' command, the following error appears:

Here's the console output as well.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'leTbs_scopeData' of null
at TBSEntity.getObjectScopeData (LeTBS.js:8048)
at Function.BattleManagerTBS.makeItemScope (LeTBS.js:3048)
at Function.BattleManagerTBS.drawItemScope (LeTBS.js:3053)
at Function.BattleManagerTBS.previewObjectScope (LeTBS_Commands.js:365)
at Window_TBSItemList.updateHelp (LeTBS_Commands.js:326)
at Window_TBSItemList.selectLast (LeTBS_Commands.js:333)
at Window_TBSItemList.Window_BattleItem.show (rpg_windows.js:5702)
at Scene_Battle.showItemWindow (LeTBS.js:1227)
at Function.BattleManagerTBS.processCommandItem (LeTBS.js:3023)
at Function.BattleManagerTBS.onCommandInput (LeTBS.js:2793)
I run into a similar issue if I select a skills command on a character that doesn't have skills in that category, but this can be fixed by simply removing the unused skill categories.

big_noob

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys! My game is going smoothly. I just have one question:

Did anyone here managed to write an AI pattern that makes the unit deal the most damage possible? I can't javascript so I couldn't do it, but I imagine it would be a simple thing for someone who can? I don't know.

EDIT: This would be useful to enemy units as well as AI controlled "ally" units

Either way, very excited for the update! I really can't right now, but I'm definitely going to donate to Lecode's ******* when I can. Thanks for everything

Last edited:

cinski90

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey,
First of all, i wanted to say i really love this battle system!
I was wondering if its possible to give a bonus to a skill/attack for incrased backstab damage?<<

nvm, i managed to find it.

But, i have another question, tho...
Is it possible to change battlers sprites while they are under an effect of a certain states?
like, for example i want to make a druid that can shift into animal forms and switch sprites during the battle?

also, this:

i know that the first number is the animation id , but not sure about the other 2

Last edited:

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know how I can add menus to the end command window? "Options" just seems to be empty.

Lecode

(─‿‿─)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
0.8 is progressing well. I've been working on the doc in parallel too. I should be able to release it in just a few week finally :).

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work for me.
Use "sprite_name" inside the <letbs> tag. The odd thing is that the current doc is right about it. The <letbs_sprite> tag is new but only covers poses configuration. I just checked the old files, that should work. Please let me know if it doesn't. And sorry for the late reply.

I am having a hard time finding the documentation to the update letbs_sprite tags. I often check the GitHub page but wasn't finding it there. Would someone mind pointing me in the right direction either by reposting or sending me a PM I would greatly appreciate it.
That part isn't documented yet. You can only get a glimpse of how it work with the example from the demos.
I however explained it some pages back. I'll look for it and edit my this post.

I run into a similar issue if I select a skills command on a character that doesn't have skills in that category, but this can be fixed by simply removing the unused skill categories.
What version are you using? This was an old bug that's already fixed if my memory serves.

Hey,
First of all, i wanted to say i really love this battle system!
I was wondering if its possible to give a bonus to a skill/attack for incrased backstab damage?<<
See, the doc is up to date about that.

But, i have another question, tho...
Is it possible to change battlers sprites while they are under an effect of a certain states?
It was working prior to the new sprite tag but now I don't know. The way it was working is that is any sprite tag, the entity's graphic would update.

i know that the first number is the animation id , but not sure about the other 2
The approximate width and height of the projectile. The doc is up to date about that config, if my memory serves.

ShinyFlygon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What version are you using? This was an old bug that's already fixed if my memory serves.
Apparently it's an issue only present in the demo. I reinstalled the files and the issue is resolved now.

However, a new issue arises whenever a character (actor or enemy) falls in battle. I can't seem to get the console to pop up anymore either, unfortunately, so I hope this is enough

Last edited:

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good News Everyone:
(Don't worry Lecode, This time I DIDN'T Hack LeTBS)

I found a way to get Steal and Snatch by yanfly working (Don't know if snatch works yet: EDIT: Snatch does not)

The error had to do with the steal wait:
upload_2018-6-22_13-21-14.png

This MUST be 0 to work with LeTBS
Only problem is this causes the message to display FOREVER.

How to fix? well thats easy lets use setTimeout

Find this function:
Game_Action.prototype.displayStealText = function(text) {

You'll see the last lines being:
win._lines.push(text);
win.refresh();

upload_2018-6-22_13-23-6.png

This causes the message to appear.
To make this disappear after setting the steal wait to 0(which normally tells non-LeTBS system to delete after X Frames)
we add our timeout:

upload_2018-6-22_13-24-7.png

Here, I have put inside, win.clear(); which will activate after 3000ms / 3 seconds

So far, I stole in battle 6 times, and was successful on 2 of them.
Only thing so far is I haven't seen any "failure" messages (Not that important to me tbh)

Here's the full c/p if you want it:

Replace the entire function
Code:
Game_Action.prototype.displayStealText = function(text) {
    if (!$gameParty.inBattle()) return;
    var scene = SceneManager._scene;
    if (text === '') return;
    if (!scene._logWindow) return;
    if (Yanfly.Param.StealCenter) text = '<CENTER>' + text;
    var win = scene._logWindow;
    win._lines.push(text);
    win.refresh();
    setTimeout(function(){

win.clear();
    }, 3000);
};

Nasca

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi, I‘m making a game with LeTBS. LeTBS is the most wonderful RPG battle system I've ever seen.
But I found a problem that the same skill, when enemy uses, it may occur in a wrong condition.
For example:
There's a skill named [断头台],and its scope is "[cx-5,cy],[cx+5,cy]",
aoe is
data_right: "[cx-4,cy],[cx-3,cy],[cx-2,cy],[cx-1,cy],[cx,cy]",
data_left: "[cx,cy],[cx+1,cy],[cx+2,cy],[cx+3,cy],[cx+4,cy]"
And the GIF below is my battler use the skill, you can see the right scope in the map.

But when enemy uses, it can be wrong scope sometimes.And the below is once.

My battler is on the right cell behind the enemy, in right condition, she can't use the skill, but she did.

Wrong scope isn't always occured.

Last edited:

AnotherWill

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, everyone
Can anybody tell me if there is a way to create a enemy who don't act at all? I know I can simply make one with no attack and no move points, but I would appreciate if I could create a enemy with no turn, one who never get action, but is still there and players could hit it.
Thanks so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

What does your project folder look like?
I was told that an iPhone can provide a personal internet hotspot...You learn something new everyday!
Will probably never use MZ. Buys it anyway
Been playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope, the remastered version on PS4. I like it. Seems others think it's garbage, but I like these cutesy, silly, and tropey characters. Having waaaay more fun with it than SO: Integrity and Faithlessness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr