First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
attack range is determined on a skill-by-skill basis using the tag:
scope: type(x)
where type = circle, square, cross, line
and x is the number of squares
so line(4) would let the player select any enemy up to 4 cells away in a straight line.

I haven't had luck with weapon ranges in my version (latest version might)
so I just use the letbs_command tag for skills to add a skill with the weapon's name to the weapon.

so my "bow" adds skill[1202] to the player, which lets them select "Bow Attack" when choosing skills.
This also lets me use a custom damage calculation for every weapon.

I've been with this for days and I do not get it, would you tell me what to do so that when a battle is over, a switch is activated?

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been with this for days and I do not get it, would you tell me what to do so that when a battle is over, a switch is activated?
To actovate a switch after a battle ends, you need to modify the code itself

caphiphopstudio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
To actovate a switch after a battle ends, you need to modify the code itself
I have tried many ways, with a variable that makes that when the battle is over, a switch is activated, it works, that function works, but when activated, the battle does not end, since the switch A is running (because I put it in palalela form)

What I want to do is very simple, at the end of a fight, to teleport it to another site, and thus be able to execute the story mode with its dialogues

how can?

Last edited:

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello guys, forgive me if this has been already asked, but is there a way to change the way the cursor moves?
Im trying to make my game completely playable with gamepad and having to push the stick/dpad each time you want to move the cursor a tile is not comfortable at all. Could this be altered so when you push the button/stick/keyboard the cursor simply keeps moving in that direction?

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have tried many ways, with a variable that makes that when the battle is over, a switch is activated, it works, that function works, but when activated, the battle does not end, since the switch A is running (because I put it in palalela form)

What I want to do is very simple, at the end of a fight, to teleport it to another site, and thus be able to execute the story mode with its dialogues

how can?

Don't use switches.

Do what I do.

When you call your battle processing
add the"On Lose" branch

Then when you edit the event you'll be able to put code in for "win" and "lose"
then just set it that on win -> transfer player

No need to make things overly complicated.

upload_2018-8-20_8-41-44.png

Hello guys, forgive me if this has been already asked, but is there a way to change the way the cursor moves?
Im trying to make my game completely playable with gamepad and having to push the stick/dpad each time you want to move the cursor a tile is not comfortable at all. Could this be altered so when you push the button/stick/keyboard the cursor simply keeps moving in that direction?

If I understand right...

You press left/right on the gamepad, and the cursor doesn't keep moving?

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I understand right...
You press left/right on the gamepad, and the cursor
doesn't keep moving?

yeah it happens with both the gamepad and the keyboard, if i want to move the cursor 3 squares i have to push the button 3 times.

caphiphopstudio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Don't use switches.

Do what I do.

When you call your battle processing
add the"On Lose" branch

Then when you edit the event you'll be able to put code in for "win" and "lose"
then just set it that on win -> transfer player

No need to make things overly complicated.

View attachment 96748

If I understand right...

You press left/right on the gamepad, and the cursor doesn't keep moving?
Thanks, I'm so used to everything based on more complex scripts that I messed with.

Now I have this problem, download the demo, do not touch anything, just try the battle mode, when I give the objects section, this error comes out, and when I hit Special, too.

unknown.png

unknown.png

I have downloaded the demo again and neither, the same thing is happening, the version of the rpg maker is 15.0 and it is going well. What I do? In the line of script I do not see that there is any error.

And if I give "Scan" it does not do anything, it does not take turns or anything, that will try to deactivate it.

Edit-- More error -

unknown.png

Last edited:

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, but you should update it on the page. Thank you so much for everything

how can traslade it? i need modify the internal script?

You dont.

I misunderstood what you were trying to do.

Use my above instructions

caphiphopstudio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
You dont.

I misunderstood what you were trying to do.

Use my above instructions

I want to translate the combat texts, magic texts, etc. The texts in combat. If I have to modify the base script or not.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to translate the combat texts, magic texts, etc. The texts in combat. If I have to modify the base script or not.
no.

"Special" comes from the types menu in the database, same with magic.

caphiphopstudio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
no.

"Special" comes from the types menu in the database, same with magic.
I've been trying to translate the combat texts and others, I've got some, some not, for example the scan I can not translate, the Move either, translate into the add-ons manager and when he spends a little everything is passed to his original language "English" What can I do? I want to translate ALL the texts of the menu, where it says, attack, move, scan, magic, special, etc.

It must be said that where it is translated in the add-on manager, where it says something text display

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been trying to translate the combat texts and others, I've got some, some not, for example the scan I can not translate, the Move either, translate into the add-ons manager and when he spends a little everything is passed to his original language "English" What can I do? I want to translate ALL the texts of the menu, where it says, attack, move, scan, magic, special, etc.

It must be said that where it is translated in the add-on manager, where it says something text display
For "Scan" "Move" and "End Turn"
you need to go into the plugin manager and change the value in the LeTBS_Commands.js file.
upload_2018-8-21_8-51-36.png

Special, Magic and other skill types get their information from "TYPES" in the database:
upload_2018-8-21_8-52-17.png

caphiphopstudio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
For "Scan" "Move" and "End Turn"
you need to go into the plugin manager and change the value in the LeTBS_Commands.js file.
View attachment 96847

Special, Magic and other skill types get their information from "TYPES" in the database:
View attachment 96848

Thanks, how do I do customized events? I want to make the character touch an object and teleport, I have already done so that when I touch it an event is activated, I need teleportation, it does not leave me with the functions of the rpg maker mv

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, how do I do customized events? I want to make the character touch an object and teleport, I have already done so that when I touch it an event is activated, I need teleportation, it does not leave me with the functions of the rpg maker mv

Are you trying to make teleportation squares in LETBS? or on the regular map where the character walks around.

caphiphopstudio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Are you trying to make teleportation squares in LETBS? or on the regular map where the character walks around.

I want to do that in combat. The player steps on a cell and is teleported to another side. For example, you are under a hill, step on the rope and climb up the whole where there is an enemy.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to do that in combat. The player steps on a cell and is teleported to another side. For example, you are under a hill, step on the rope and climb up the whole where there is an enemy.

Would the enemy appear before, or after you touch the rope?
if After, then you're better off not doing what you are planning, and rather set a "player touch" event at the top of the rope, and relocate the enemy cells, or have them default there (provided you don't have multiple encounters for one map - if you do, you'll need to check my fix earlier in this thread for fixing the event locations).

If during battle, it may be a bit tricky, but can be done using the LETBS config and adding "Tile Effect"

Like this
just change IDto whatever region ID you want to use for it
then for skill_effects: ## use whatever skill you want to be called.

Then create the skill, and use

ID: {
"entering,turn_start,turn_end": {
skill_effects: ##,
play_anim: true,
aoe: "circle(0)",
stop_movement: true,
wait: 40
}
},

You'll also need a sequence for "Rope"
"Rope": [
"call: pre-skill",
"anim: user, 129",
"wait: 40",
"move_to_cell: user, {custom(rope)}, true",
"anim: user, 130",
"wait: 60",
"call: post-skill"
],
and an AOE/Scope for rope:
"rope": {
data: "[cx-2,cy]" //this will target a cell 2 spaces left
},

This is just a rough overview of what you'll need, but it'll be up to you to set it up how you want, and won't work if you just copy-paste this, since its just cuts from various config sections.

Basically it would do this:

Step on region X -> invokes Skill Y (rope skill)
skill Y teleports user to aoe: custom(rope)
player ends up 2 cells to the left of the rope event.

You'll need to be extremely careful since multiple players can step on it and be teleported.
Now if you have only 1 player, then it won't cause problems (but remember that enemies can teleport with it

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)
Q:"Why don't you get a job?"
A: Posting statuses IS my job. It just so happens to not pay and happen periodically over the course of three months.
My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KuroFranctoBikki