Lecode Tactical Battle System 0.77.2B

caphiphopstudio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Would the enemy appear before, or after you touch the rope?
if After, then you're better off not doing what you are planning, and rather set a "player touch" event at the top of the rope, and relocate the enemy cells, or have them default there (provided you don't have multiple encounters for one map - if you do, you'll need to check my fix earlier in this thread for fixing the event locations).

If during battle, it may be a bit tricky, but can be done using the LETBS config and adding "Tile Effect"

Like this
just change IDto whatever region ID you want to use for it
then for skill_effects: ## use whatever skill you want to be called.

Then create the skill, and use

ID: {
"entering,turn_start,turn_end": {
skill_effects: ##,
play_anim: true,
aoe: "circle(0)",
stop_movement: true,
wait: 40
}
},

You'll also need a sequence for "Rope"
"Rope": [
"call: pre-skill",
"anim: user, 129",
"wait: 40",
"move_to_cell: user, {custom(rope)}, true",
"anim: user, 130",
"wait: 60",
"call: post-skill"
],
and an AOE/Scope for rope:
"rope": {
data: "[cx-2,cy]" //this will target a cell 2 spaces left
},

This is just a rough overview of what you'll need, but it'll be up to you to set it up how you want, and won't work if you just copy-paste this, since its just cuts from various config sections.

Basically it would do this:

Step on region X -> invokes Skill Y (rope skill)
skill Y teleports user to aoe: custom(rope)
player ends up 2 cells to the left of the rope event.

You'll need to be extremely careful since multiple players can step on it and be teleported.
Now if you have only 1 player, then it won't cause problems (but remember that enemies can teleport with it
I have achieved it, I have finally achieved it, I have managed to create the custom and everything, my hollow head has been understanding, I just need to know how I do so that when I step on the rope, the skill is forced in the direction that I choose

Last edited:

genemm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
attack range is determined on a skill-by-skill basis using the tag:
scope: type(x)
where type = circle, square, cross, line
and x is the number of squares
so line(4) would let the player select any enemy up to 4 cells away in a straight line.

I haven't had luck with weapon ranges in my version (latest version might)
so I just use the letbs_command tag for skills to add a skill with the weapon's name to the weapon.

so my "bow" adds skill[1202] to the player, which lets them select "Bow Attack" when choosing skills.
This also lets me use a custom damage calculation for every weapon.
Hi Pharonix,

Great day! Thank you for the prompt reply. Your answer was smooth, I was able to follow it and implement it successfully. I have another question: How to change the order of turn into something wherein the 2 opposing teams (player's 1 battler and AI's 1 battler) to have a simultaneous turn which means that 1 turn of move-attack-end turn of both battlers of player and AI be executed or displayed on the screen at the same time? What should be tweaked/changed/edited?

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Pharonix,

Great day! Thank you for the prompt reply. Your answer was smooth, I was able to follow it and implement it successfully. I have another question: How to change the order of turn into something wherein the 2 opposing teams (player's 1 battler and AI's 1 battler) to have a simultaneous turn which means that 1 turn of move-attack-end turn of both battlers of player and AI be executed or displayed on the screen at the same time? What should be tweaked/changed/edited?
As it is, that's not possible at all.

Because with what you are asking, if you apply it to my game, there would be a section where 8 player characters and 25 enemies all act in tandem.

If you want something where you attack in real time, then you want to hunt down an rtb-type system (real-time battle).
The way LETBS works is it goes through a list of all characters, the system even waits while the player inputs.

genemm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As it is, that's not possible at all.

Because with what you are asking, if you apply it to my game, there would be a section where 8 player characters and 25 enemies all act in tandem.

If you want something where you attack in real time, then you want to hunt down an rtb-type system (real-time battle).
The way LETBS works is it goes through a list of all characters, the system even waits while the player inputs.
What I need is just like the PlayStation game Vandal Hearts 2 if you are familiar with it. Here is its sample gameplay video link: Just exclude the split screen view, I don't need it. So, can the planning of the movements and attacks of the player's and AI's battlers, at the start of a turn, be in that same turn and then its movements and attacks of the player's and AI's battlers will be executed or displayed at the same time, at the end of that particular turn, once all are done planning? Then the 2nd turn starts again with the same process? It is still TBS as shown in the Vandal Hearts 2 video link above. Kindly enlighten me Pharonix.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What I need is just like the PlayStation game Vandal Hearts 2 if you are familiar with it. Here is its sample gameplay video link: Just exclude the split screen view, I don't need it. So, can the planning of the movements and attacks of the player's and AI's battlers, at the start of a turn, be in that same turn and then its movements and attacks of the player's and AI's battlers will be executed or displayed at the same time, at the end of that particular turn, once all are done planning? Then the 2nd turn starts again with the same process? It is still TBS as shown in the Vandal Hearts 2 video link above. Kindly enlighten me Pharonix.
Sorry man, but that's not gonna be possible with how LeTBS currently works.

genemm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry man, but that's not gonna be possible with how LeTBS currently works.
How about making the turn speed of all battlers equal for them to have their turn the same? Is it possible? Or every turn of 1 battler, the chosen movement and attack will only be stored on variables but not executed yet then its turn ends and another battler's turn starts, save chosen movement and attack again to other variables, so on and so forth then after the end of the turn of the last battler before it cycles back from battler 1, all of the chosen movement and attacks of all the battlers will be executed using the stored variables data. How about that?

Raptor2442

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am new to using RPG Maker MV and I was wondering if your plugin supported 3 dimensions or is it just straight top down? I was hoping to be able to add in bonuses for attack height. For example if someone is attacking from a ledge over an enemy they would get a bonus to hit that creature, etc.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How about making the turn speed of all battlers equal for them to have their turn the same? Is it possible? Or every turn of 1 battler, the chosen movement and attack will only be stored on variables but not executed yet then its turn ends and another battler's turn starts, save chosen movement and attack again to other variables, so on and so forth then after the end of the turn of the last battler before it cycles back from battler 1, all of the chosen movement and attacks of all the battlers will be executed using the stored variables data. How about that?
Not without rewriting the system.

The main problem here is "Missing you timing" or rather, when you choose your skills, you move, then attack, you don't set it all at once,
the problem is, if I use a skill and that character moved,
Its a good concept if you have the programming knowledge to do it, but with LeTBS, its a bit too complicated at this time.

LeTBS is a more simple TBS (though powerful itself) but has many limitations. Now, I have no idea if those limitations are determined by MV or not.

If anything...
You could break it into 2 phases:
MOVE PHASE: where you assign the "movement target" of a unit, and all characters move at one time.
Attack Phase: all characters, in sequential order perform their attack actions.

Even so would require a massive addition/rewrite to LeTBS.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am new to using RPG Maker MV and I was wondering if your plugin supported 3 dimensions or is it just straight top down? I was hoping to be able to add in bonuses for attack height. For example if someone is attacking from a ledge over an enemy they would get a bonus to hit that creature, etc.
For height, you would need to overcomplicate your damage formulas and add code to the LeTBS, but it could be done.

I actually planned on adding "Height" so what I did was test this.

After "Move" I set the actor's "Height" to the active entity(since the actor just moved)'s cell's regionid:
Depending on the "Height" i'd use a formula

a.atk+(a.atk*((a.height/b.height)/4))
but my formula determines if b and a both have a height, otherwise just uses the regular atk.

so with 20 atk, and a=2, b=1.
damage =
20 + (20*2)/4, or 30, for a 50% boost.

a=8, b=1, results in
20 + (20*8)/4, or 60, for a 300% boost.

a=2, b=4, results in

20 + (20*.5)/4 = 22.5.
but wait, why should being at a lower height benefit you?
so i used b.height/a.height for the lower height than opponent.

so if a=8, b=1.

20*.125 = 2.5, user suffers a huge penalty for attacking an opponent on higher ground.

full dmg formula was something like:
if(b.height && a.height){if(a.height>b.height){a.atk+(a.atk*((a.height/b.height)/4));}else{a.atk*(b.height/a.height);}}else{a.atk;}

However this proved too confusing to use, and most of my battle maps had 11 level so it was pointless to implement.

genemm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not without rewriting the system.

The main problem here is "Missing you timing" or rather, when you choose your skills, you move, then attack, you don't set it all at once,
the problem is, if I use a skill and that character moved,
Its a good concept if you have the programming knowledge to do it, but with LeTBS, its a bit too complicated at this time.

LeTBS is a more simple TBS (though powerful itself) but has many limitations. Now, I have no idea if those limitations are determined by MV or not.

If anything...
You could break it into 2 phases:
MOVE PHASE: where you assign the "movement target" of a unit, and all characters move at one time.
Attack Phase: all characters, in sequential order perform their attack actions.

Even so would require a massive addition/rewrite to LeTBS.
Yes, I fully understand and I plan on doing it. For now, may I know which variables record the (x,y)s of the movement, attack, and skills of the players' and AIs' battlers so that I can start tweaking the sequences of those specific variables to control more to when it will just store the (x,y)s and when it will be executed?

Nasca

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I found that the skill named "Mega Sparkle" can't be used in the demo.
And I searched in this thread,finally solved it.
First:replace
this._sequence.unshift(command); (In LeTBS_MultiSelection.js line 279)
to
this._sequence.table.unshift(command);

Then:add
if(cell instanceof Array){
for(var i = 0;i < cell.length;i++){
var cellT = cell;
if(cellT instanceof TBSCell){
var entity = cellT.getEntity();
if (entity)
entities.push(entity);
}
}
} else if(cell instanceof TBSCell){
var entity = cell.getEntity();
if (entity)
entities.push(entity);
}
in the BattleManagerTBS.getEntitiesInScope function (In LeTBS.js)

D4yz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I'm just curious if someone could elaborate on the-
<LeTBS Encounter Maps>
default: [Map ID], [Map ID], …
area [X]: [Map ID], [Map ID], …
area [Y]: [Map ID], [Map ID], …
area [...]: [Map ID], [Map ID], …
</LeTBS Encounter Maps>
-portion.

Just an explanation of the different variables, can't seem to figure it out. Perhaps with some examples? ^^

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I'm just curious if someone could elaborate on the-

-portion.

Just an explanation of the different variables, can't seem to figure it out. Perhaps with some examples? ^^
area[X]
area[y] refer to regionID
[map id] refers to map id.

so default: 15,16
would make it use maps 15 and 16 as your battle maps.
<LeTBS Encounter Maps>
default: 301,302,303
</LeTBS Encounter Maps>
My map uses maps 301-303 for battle (slightly randomization)

you can also do:
area[51]: 66, which would make region 51 use map 66.

Yes, I fully understand and I plan on doing it. For now, may I know which variables record the (x,y)s of the movement, attack, and skills of the players' and AIs' battlers so that I can start tweaking the sequences of those specific variables to control more to when it will just store the (x,y)s and when it will be executed?
they don't get stored in normal variables,
the x,y is stored as the cursor_cell/active cell, then a move sequence is called to go there.
BUT if you pull the active cell, you can get the x/y.

genemm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
they don't get stored in normal variables,
the x,y is stored as the cursor_cell/active cell, then a move sequence is called to go there.
BUT if you pull the active cell, you can get the x/y.
Is my understanding correct that what you meant about "pull the active cell" is that when the (x,y) is stored as the cursor_cell/active cell, before a move sequence is called to go there, I should check the current (x,y) of the cursor_cell/active cell then store it in my own custom variables for me to get the (x,y), right?

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys did any of you try to use a custom named actor (trough the enter name command in the editor) with LTBS and then get an error because obviously the graphic for that battler with that custom name doesnt exist? Is there a way to solve this? because i would love to let the player name their character.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys did any of you try to use a custom named actor (trough the enter name command in the editor) with LTBS and then get an error because obviously the graphic for that battler with that custom name doesnt exist? Is there a way to solve this? because i would love to let the player name their character.
You should use the
"character_name: string
and
character_index: numeric

These tell the system to explicitly use those sprites,
or set the actor to "Use_character"

Some of my characters undergo a name change and using use_character works.
only problem is using the "dead" image, which if you don't care about and want them to just vanish, you can do that.

Newest version supports the use of the sprite config in the actor notebox, which means you don't even need to worry about the name of the actor.

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pharonix thank you, i tried character_name: string, but im not sure where to put it, i wrote it on the actor notebox and nothing happened.
I headed to the documentation and ended up using the sprite_name: tag on the actor.
It worked perfectly for both the actors and the enemies!
Though now i realized something else, how could i tell ltbs to use a different graphic for that actor when said actor changes class for example?
It's not a big deal but would be really cool if possible.

D4yz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, not so hard to understand now. Thanks Pharonix, I think I was overthinking it a bit.
However, that said, I now have a new issue. ^^; Or rather, a continuing issue. I can't seem to activate the LeTBS at all for random encounters?
I really haven't strayed far from the Demo's material. So to give you an idea, I literally just made another map, added the region, popped in the Map notes -takes deep breath- added the player spawn regions, enemy spawn regions, LeTBS activiation event, anddddd nothing.

Simplified:
Map1, Region ID001 all over. Should lead to Map2 with otherwise proper code prep.
Nothing happens. No encounters, no failed encounters.

I feel like there is some bit of code that I'm omitting. The battlers and Player units are just the pre-existing ones from the Demo, nothing newly added. I'd appreciate any advice you might have. ^^

EDIT: Got it working! Not 100% sure regarding my Event placement and what not but it works! Thanks again! ^^

Last edited:

genemm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

May I know if the move_points can be a range like the scope: circle(3,1) of certain attack? I would like my battler to move similar to a knight in Chess but not necessarily L shape. The point is to have a minimum move_points not just always 0 up to set move_points.

caphiphopstudio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
What do I do so that when I step on an event, a skill is activated (the moment I step on it or when the turn ends)? I already have the ability and everything, I want to try it with one that comes in the demo as an example

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you are trying to make progress in your game. But something is stopping your motivation. Like come on mind! Let me do what I want! :<
Tfw everyone is trying their hardest to brainstorm about unique ideas and game mechanics, here I am just going: "How am I gonna event conversations with busts" everyday. :kaoswt2:
Comedy is third person, tragedy is first person.
Man. A historic 130 year old church nearby had all of its windows broken out with bricks last night. Such a shame, it wasn't generic stained glass patterns either but had beautifully crafted murals depicting various parts of the gospels.
The Steam Summer Sale's been treating me nicely. Now if only game sales were always this good...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarubiaz