genemm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

May I know if the move_points can be a range like the scope: circle(3,1) of certain attack? I would like my battler to move similar to a knight in Chess but not necessarily L shape. The point is to have a minimum move_points not just always 0 up to set move_points.
Hi,

Any answer to my previous post?

Also, is there a way for an event tile to be either <Actor Cell> or <Enemy Cell>? How?

D4yz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Pharonix,
Need your help again! ^^; I can proudly say I've spent most of my free time the past 2 days trying.

I just need you to verify my syntax real quick, and why it isn't working perhaps.

<LeTBS Encounter Maps>
default: 4
area [1]: 5
area [2]: 6
</LeTBS Encounter Maps>

I can default to Map 4 no problem. But my Region IDs 1 and 2 will not under any circumstances send me to their maps.
However! I can default to maps 5 and 6 no problem. I feel as though perhaps the syntax of the 'area' portion may be wrong?

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been looking for a way to use "bonus" actions, or actions/attacks that don't use up a turn action. How do I do this without using Extra Turns?

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Let me know if I missed anyone....

Hi,

Any answer to my previous post?

Also, is there a way for an event tile to be either <Actor Cell> or <Enemy Cell>? How?
Currently, i don't think move scope can be an actual aoe. that'd be awesome though.

Cells MUST be either actor, or enemy cell. if they were both and an enemy was placed there, it may cause issues. Once again, would be neat

Hey Pharonix,
Need your help again! ^^; I can proudly say I've spent most of my free time the past 2 days trying.

I just need you to verify my syntax real quick, and why it isn't working perhaps.

<LeTBS Encounter Maps>
area [1]: 5
area [2]: 6
</LeTBS Encounter Maps>

I can default to Map 4 no problem. But my Region IDs 1 and 2 will not under any circumstances send me to their maps.
However! I can default to maps 5 and 6 no problem. I feel as though perhaps the syntax of the 'area' portion may be wrong?
It's actually
<LeTBS Encounter Maps>
area 1: 5
area 2: 6
</LeTBS Encounter Maps>
The regex used is:
area (\d+)\s?:\s?(.+)
which:
upload_2018-8-28_19-49-7.png

I've been looking for a way to use "bonus" actions, or actions/attacks that don't use up a turn action. How do I do this without using Extra Turns?
Not that I am currently aware of.
Right now, the only way would be to "Reshuffle" the turn order, which wouldn't be feasible.

I did find that calling the script at the end of the skill:
BattleManagerTBS.activeEntity()._actionPerformed=false
may do the trick,
so what you would do is invoke a common event in the skill that simply calls a function that runs this as a script.
It will be performed at the end of the skill, before the skill popup displays:
upload_2018-8-28_20-0-43.png
upload_2018-8-28_20-4-46.png

This actually works, here's a video.
I made Infinity End have the c
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y58v04qdfeyr36x/extra_action.mp4?dl=0

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have to make a note for my previous post

calling BattleManagerTBS.activeEntity()._actionPerformed = false
can be VERY dangerous.

YOU ABSOLUTELY need to make sure any skill that uses this trick is set to have a cooldown. Otherwise it can be spammed and you can find yourself stuck

genemm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Currently, i don't think move scope can be an actual aoe. that'd be awesome though.
Yup, I hope this will be implemented soon.

Cells MUST be either actor, or enemy cell. if they were both and an enemy was placed there, it may cause issues. Once again, would be neat
I understood that currently, a tile MUST either be actor or enemy cell but how do I implement it wherein like in a 2x2 (4 cells in all) map, just a simple example, the system can place 2 enemy AI randomly in any 2 of the 4 cells while the player can also place the 2 actors on the 2 cells left?

D4yz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pharonix… you are awesome! Thank you!

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sorry to bother you guys again, but ive been reading trough the documentation and havent found anything, is there absolutely no way to tell LTBS to change the sprite of an actor? only way i can think of is changing the actor itself, but that comes with its own set of problems.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sorry to bother you guys again, but ive been reading trough the documentation and havent found anything, is there absolutely no way to tell LTBS to change the sprite of an actor? only way i can think of is changing the actor itself, but that comes with its own set of problems.
Not normally, as it loads from the notetags.
Notetag data can to an extent be changed in-game, but it will not save. (Think of it like it gets stored as session-data, erased after reset).
The only way around this is to use the use_character function.

I use Yanfly's class change core and force characters to change graphics when their class changes.
Only problem is that it uses the actor's name when looking for 'dead' etc.

But I can confirm using the use_character works.

I understood that currently, a tile MUST either be actor or enemy cell but how do I implement it wherein like in a 2x2 (4 cells in all) map, just a simple example, the system can place 2 enemy AI randomly in any 2 of the 4 cells while the player can also place the 2 actors on the 2 cells left?
You can't, the function to let the system just randomly select any 2 of 4 cells doesn't exist.
The system currently only works like such:

Places Enemies in <Enemy Cell>
Places Actors in <Actor Cell>
there is no <Entity Cell>

you would have to modify the core code.

================
EDIT:
Which I did.

Added a new cell type called <Entity Cell>
which sets the data type to "all"
then I updated the functions that determine which cells are enemy/actor
inside the actor one, i added a check for if the type is "all" and if the cell is NOT occupied by an enemy.

The result was this video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5cf3pns58h0b33/shared_entity_cells.mp4?dl=0

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not normally, as it loads from the notetags.
Notetag data can to an extent be changed in-game, but it will not save. (Think of it like it gets stored as session-data, erased after reset).
The only way around this is to use the use_character function.

I use Yanfly's class change core and force characters to change graphics when their class changes.
Only problem is that it uses the actor's name when looking for 'dead' etc.

But I can confirm using the use_character works.
Thanks for the reply Pharonix!
I dont use dead graphics so that part should be alright, the only problem is that i use custom graphics for everything including battlers, so using a charset is not an option.
Maybe i could run a conditional branch before every single battle and tell ltbs to change the actors graphics accordingly?
Assuming this is done by script call or plugin command.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the reply Pharonix!
I dont use dead graphics so that part should be alright, the only problem is that i use custom graphics for everything including battlers, so using a charset is not an option.
Maybe i could run a conditional branch before every single battle and tell ltbs to change the actors graphics accordingly?
Assuming this is done by script call or plugin command.
I take it you use a system that lets you change your top/bottom add a hat etc?

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I take it you use a system that lets you change your top/bottom add a hat etc?
Not really, i change the whole graphic so every weapon and class can have its own animations and poses.
So for example if i had 3 character classes each one being able to use 3 different weapons, ideally i would want to have 3 different set of sprites for each class so 9 sets in total.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not really, i change the whole graphic so every weapon and class can have its own animations and poses.
So for example if i had 3 character classes each one being able to use 3 different weapons, ideally i would want to have 3 different set of sprites for each class so 9 sets in total.
I see.

Then the best thing to do is run a conditional before battle that detects the user's class/weapon then calls the event to change their graphic to the correct one.

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see.

Then the best thing to do is run a conditional before battle that detects the user's class/weapon then calls the event to change their graphic to the correct one.
that's what i dont know haha if it were the default battle system i would simply use the change actor graphic command, but i have no idea what kind of script/command ltbs needs for this.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that's what i dont know haha if it were the default battle system i would simply use the change actor graphic command, but i have no idea what kind of script/command ltbs needs for this.
How does it currently work? Do you change the actor's graphic in the overworld (walking around the map) or do you use a default image, with only the custom graphics being displayed in battle?

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How does it currently work? Do you change the actor's graphic in the overworld (walking around the map) or do you use a default image, with only the custom graphics being displayed in battle?
outside of battle i show the the actor without weapons, so i only change the class graphic. Like here:

then on battle the actors appear with their weapons

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
outside of battle i show the the actor without weapons, so i only change the class graphic. Like here:

then on battle the actors appear with their weapons

If you have all the possible graphics saved somewhere in a full spritesheet, place them in a sub-folder of img
called "graphics" or something

then you can use these script calls:
YES, you can use sub-directories, and it is awesome.

$gameActors.actor(1).setCharacterImage('graphics/actor1', 2);
$gamePlayer.refresh()

replace
actor(1) with the actor's ID
graphics/actor1 with the path to the image (using sub-directory is helpful) - can use a separate folder for them even.
2 with the character index

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you have all the possible graphics saved somewhere in a full spritesheet, place them in a sub-folder of img
called "graphics" or something

then you can use these script calls:
YES, you can use sub-directories, and it is awesome.

$gameActors.actor(1).setCharacterImage('graphics/actor1', 2);
$gamePlayer.refresh()

replace
actor(1) with the actor's ID
graphics/actor1 with the path to the image (using sub-directory is helpful) - can use a separate folder for them even.
2 with the character index
this sounds awesome! i had no idea you could use subfolders, though im not sure about how to use this command, does it require a charset?
im using the other way of handling battlers with different spritesheets for every motion

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would need to run a script command.

Im not sure now how to integrate it properly like that with letbs.

Ill need to experiment amd get back to you.

Unless @Lecode or @Chaosicaa have an idea

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pharonix i really appreciate it, thank you! so far ive managed to achieve this by making copies of the same actor with different graphics on the notetag and then simply switching actors along with their hp, mp, skills, equip, etc... but this is a less than ideal solution to say the least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you are trying to make progress in your game. But something is stopping your motivation. Like come on mind! Let me do what I want! :<
Tfw everyone is trying their hardest to brainstorm about unique ideas and game mechanics, here I am just going: "How am I gonna event conversations with busts" everyday. :kaoswt2:
Comedy is third person, tragedy is first person.
Man. A historic 130 year old church nearby had all of its windows broken out with bricks last night. Such a shame, it wasn't generic stained glass patterns either but had beautifully crafted murals depicting various parts of the gospels.
The Steam Summer Sale's been treating me nicely. Now if only game sales were always this good...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarubiaz