Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Man, that's intense, I'd never have figured all that out myself. Once again you're an absolute legend and I probably owe you a few drinks by now. Thanks so much (again)!
No worries about it man. Most of this is just me playing around.
Also, if I'm ever in Scotland, I'll hit you up. :)

Theratris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Is the 0.77.2B Demo file broken, or is it just me? I've tried downloading multiple times, repairing the .rar. But it always returns as "Unknown format or damaged"

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is the 0.77.2B Demo file broken, or is it just me? I've tried downloading multiple times, repairing the .rar. But it always returns as "Unknown format or damaged"
I had the same error, but Pharonix and Chaosicaa's links should work.

Edit: Actually, I tried and that was the file that didn't work with me on either 7-zip on winrar. Try this: https://lecodemv.github.io/leTBS/home.html. The problem with that demo file is that a lot of things seem to be missing...

Also, anyone know if Lecode ever came out with an update on the possessed state? He talked about a year ago. I'm also not too sure how to use the confused state.

Last edited:

forteller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
can someone give me an example of them using the f: string damage in their effect sequence

Theratris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses

clarkjacob4

Time Traveller
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I absolutely love this plugin! However, I found 2 bugs so far in the demo;
Casting "Mana Ball" in an unoccupied space causes a crash saying; cannot read property of 'getCell' null
If you choose "Auto Battle", when the battle is over it gets stuck in a loop because the stolen goods flag has not been met

I was also wondering how to make a game that starts in RPG mode, then when an encounter happens, it switches to tactical mode in the same map. Then once the battle has finished, it switches back into RPG mode, keeping the player positions. The 76B demo partially does this, where it switches from tactical to RPG style when the battle is over.

Also, how can I control one of the actors via separate controls as if a second player was controlling him?

Thank you for this amazing plugin!

Cellbind

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello,

I haven't been able to get directional damage bonus tag to work. I have been following the documentation but it doesn't seem to be working as intended, at least in my project.

The tag is as follows:
Code:
<letbs>
side_dmg_bonus: 10
</letbs>
I tried using the tag in state(the intended location), class, actor, and armor.

Danielcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I haven't been able to get directional damage bonus tag to work. I have been following the documentation but it doesn't seem to be working as intended, at least in my project.

The tag is as follows:
Code:
<letbs>
side_dmg_bonus: 10
</letbs>
I tried using the tag in state(the intended location), class, actor, and armor.
IIRC, you can edit this in tools -> LeTBS in the parameters as well.

upload_2018-9-27_23-1-25.png

Cellbind

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
IIRC, you can edit this in tools -> LeTBS in the parameters as well.
Yes, in this case the goal was to make a case of a battler having a bonus to side attack damage larger than what other battlers would have.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the tag modifies how much side/back damage the character receives.

I could be wrong though

Cellbind

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
An actor wearing an equipment taged with back_dmg_bonus: 30% will get an extra 30% damage bonus when attacking on the back.
I took this sentence in the documentation to mean that they are receiving the bonus to damage vs the target, not taking extra damage themselves.

I decided to check to see if my character was taking more damage from the side instead, but testing showed that they took the same damage regardless of the bonus. I also tested with the side_dmg_reduction tag and had the same result.

On an unrelated note, I also haven't been able to get extra commands to show up when using the following tag in an equipment or state.
Code:
<letbs_commands>
skill[23]
</letbs_commands>
I can get them to override the default commands if I put them in an actor, and I can simply add a utility skill type and the associated skill on the equipment or state, but it would be nice to see it show up normally.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On an unrelated note, I also haven't been able to get extra commands to show up when using the following tag in an equipment or state.
Code:
<letbs_commands>
skill[23]
</letbs_commands>
I can get them to override the default commands if I put them in an actor, and I can simply add a utility skill type and the associated skill on the equipment or state, but it would be nice to see it show up normally.
Does the actor have the "[extra]" command?

<letbs_commands>

move 82, [extra], skills 64, items 176, scan 243, pass 84

</letbs_commands>

Cellbind

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does the actor have the "[extra]" command?

<letbs_commands>

move 82, [extra], skills 64, items 176, scan 243, pass 84

</letbs_commands>
I can confirm they have the [extra] command, I left it in the default commands parameters.

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can confirm they have the [extra] command, I left it in the default commands parameters.
That's interesting then. It works for me. All my main "Attack" skills are actually [extra] because swords, spears etc do different damage types.
Can you try setting the default letbs commands into the actor? I mean like exactly what I sent. Put that in the actor's notes and let me know if it works or not.

You may need my "Fix" (which is to allow multiple extra skills, by default it messes up with more than 1.

Cellbind

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's interesting then. It works for me. All my main "Attack" skills are actually [extra] because swords, spears etc do different damage types.
Can you try setting the default letbs commands into the actor? I mean like exactly what I sent. Put that in the actor's notes and let me know if it works or not.

You may need my "Fix" (which is to allow multiple extra skills, by default it messes up with more than 1.
Copy-pasting the default commands into the actor notes caused the skill to appear as it should. It seems the plugin isn't reading the [extra] in the plugin parameters.

Thanks for the help with that.

That said, when I tested your second statement it doesn't show more than one extra skill unless they are all included in the same letbs_commands tag.

Bruno5654

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, i'm fairly new to this and am having a bit of a problem. When i start a battle no actions menu appears after I've positioned my actors. Can anyone help?
Problem (2).png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

And my first batch of gobbo battlers is up *yay* (images should show now as they first didnt - Just my luck lol)
I've released the game I've been working on for the past 7 years, and wrote a postmortem detailing the struggles of developing a game alone. Check it out! https://meiri.itch.io/apple-pie/devlog/160774/apple-pie-a-postmortem
Petty boss is working today. Hope he realizes today that messing with me is gonna ruin his day like yesterday. I can operate very comfortably on the fringes of policy XD
I know it's such a small thing, but I love when games let you interact with everything. Like pressing A on some papers on the floor pops up dialogue, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belatarrx