RMMV Lecode's Notifications System only working once

peach5

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've installed Lecode's Notifications System, specifically bluebooth's version, and it works perfectly, but only once.

I put LeUtilities in first, then LeNotifications, and then when I test it, it works as intended, but once I close out and try to reopen the game—even if I don't touch the editor—I immediately get the error "Uncaught ReferenceError: url is not defined." At first, deleting both plugins and reinstalling them would sometimes allow the game and the notifications plugin to run normally another time (before breaking again upon closing and reopening the game); other times it wouldn't work at all, still giving me the error message. Upon trying again today in a new project, I was only able to open the game and have the plugin work one time. After that, no amount of reinstalling the plugins worked to temporarily fix the error again. Waiting and quitting out of the editor between reinstalls also don't seem to make a difference.

One other thing, there is a slightly more recent bluebooth version, but I believe the only differences between the two are the ability to draw a notification when a new skill is learned, and updated organization for the parameters. I'd downloaded the older version first so I was able to test that one more, but by the time I started testing the newer one, neither was working at all. It doesn't matter to me which one I end up using, I'd be happy to get either working.

When the utilities plugin is on and the notifications plugin isn't, I don't get any errors. I'm not sure how much screenshots would help, as the utilities plugin has no parameters, I haven't been editing any of the parameters for the notifications plugin, and the only command I'm using is the script call

this.newNotif("Text");

but I can provide screenshots if needed. I can also provide the project I'm testing in at request.

I'm aware that there are other notifications plugins, but the look, location, slide in and fade effects, and ability to stack messages that come with this one are exactly what I want, and what other plugins don't have (and it has the closed captions functionality, which I'd like to use in the future), so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

peach5

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I think deleting the utilities plugin fixed it! bluebooth must have made the new version to work on its own or something because after turning off/deleting LeUtilities, the game no longer crashes and LeNotifications works perfectly every time.

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DamageEvil_5.png added!
index.php

Rendering the intro for the 4 time today, everytime it finished I noticed something that I found off and had to fix it and render it all over again...
Would not be so bad if it was not for my PC having the speed of a slug.:kaoswt2:
Tried something. Little sneak peak of Unity AD.
M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shadowpalkia99