RMMV Legacy of the Lost Dragoon

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Lost_Dragoon, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Lost_Dragoon

Lost_Dragoon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    Intro
    Hey guys. I began writing a novel about ten years ago and on and off have been working on it slowly. I began developing a game using RPG maker alongside it and have the first chapter or at least the first 30 minutes of gameplay created (screenshots below)

I plan to finish the novel before committing heavily in rpg mv project due to not wanting it to diverge if things change so I have the plot nailed down but wanted to show off how it was progressing. A lot of place holder materials in the images but should give an idea of what I was aiming for. Some scripts added like jumping so puzzles akin to say the golden sun series could be implemented.

The first phase of character development is done but a lot more to do in that department,

Be good to garner some attention, projects facebook page has little likes and I've pumped so much time and money into it and believe it's good (tho id have to think that wouldn't I :p

Prologue:

Nearly half a century has passed since the legendary dragoon conquered the evil druid atop Mount Falaj. The curse on the elven maidens had been lifted, but at what cost? Unable to stop the sealing of alchemy, the land of Lucere plunged into a new kind of darkness. The age of magic waned, and its effects took its toll on the next generation. Races dependant on alchemy perished, while other entities, known as the fiends of darkness, or the djinn prospered in this new dark era. The Snow Elves of Leuven waited for the return of their Maester... and waited. The hero never returned, and the last of the mystical beasts vanished along with him.

Story Teaser

Early demo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Darius Tassinari
    Dragoon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Jeremiah Eastman and Jayje like this.
  2. onipunk

onipunk Archmage of Procrastination Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The amount of detail in that battle background map just looks...off to me. It looks more like the characters are fighting in front of a green screen with a background chroma keyed onto it rather than then actually fighting in snowy terrain. In general, battle backgrounds have a LOT of floor space to fit the right amount of enemies on. Have a look at the battle backgrounds for Final Fantasy IV, V, VI, Dawn of Souls etc. and you'll see what I mean. No more than a third of the screen space is taken up wall-type objects, and the floors are as flat as possible to make it look like all the characters are on a single plane. Is your background more personalised than the RTP backgrounds? Yeah. Do the RTP backgrounds work better than your personalised one? Unfortunately, also yeah. The maps themselves look pretty nice, too, they're just not really fit for use as battle backgrounds.

3. Lost_Dragoon

Lost_Dragoon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    the background was just the map. didnt really implement an actual battle background as it wasnt a priority yet.

I