Legend Of Legaia Battle System Plugin MV

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering how one would go about either getting someone to build, build it myself or asking someone to build a Legend of Legaia combat system in side view RPG Maker MV. It would need to change the battle system to when selected fight a bar would pop up and you could use your arrow keys to enter commands. Each character starts out with only 3 slots thay can fill with moves. After a certain level reached the characters would gain more slots. Each arrow key (when not a special move) would run off the physical stat and each arrow key would be its own attack sprite.
Example >>> would be right attack right attack right attack. The right attack animation would play 3 times in this case. This would not be considered a "art" attack.

The special predetermined "Arts" moves would be special animations that would play when entered. Each character would have arts unique to them. Such as tornado flame >><.When entered a special animation would then play out. These attacks would also run off the 2nd stat in the RPG Maker MV game. Replacing magic as the other damaging type.

Special arts moves would also use up AP (takes the place of MP) which would prevent players from just spamming ultimate attacks.

If anyone is interested in creating this plugin I would more than gladly give credit as well as monetary reward. If anyone knows if something like this exists or a better location to get this plugin then that information would be great as well!

I will also post a link to the battle system itself if you are confused at all about terms in this post

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a bit of a round about way of doing this... if you're interested. You'd need a few existing plugins though. I basically created something close to this on my own though.

I used a Quick Time Events plugin (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/quick-time-events-r2-26-11.71268/) for the arrows because well, nothing else really exists for it. But I set the timer so slow that it didn't matter. You had could enter as many moves as you had "AP" and with Yanfly Action Sequences http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Category:Action_Sequences_(MV), and a plugin I have that doesn't move your actor back to their starting position after attacks, they would do every attack in said sequence that was put in.

For AP, you can use any number of things... anything that let's you control MP specifically or create a stat to use specifically as AP. or if you've got money to spend Olivia's Boost System http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Boost_Point_System_(Olivia) can work as AP if you adjust a few things I feel.

If you're interested though, I can explain it a bit more as far as setting it all up and what not. It might be hard to get the request done, which is why I figured I could explain some kind of solution.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Much thanks!
This seems like a great solution! It fixes the need of creating a entire plugin from scratch. I will note however some of the things like plugin descriptions are a bit hard to follow. Especially for action sequences. I would love your help in setting it all up and creating the battle system. I have a few questions regarding some of the plugins and how they function. So excuse me if they were explained in there descriptions. but as I said they were a bit hard for me to follow.

Are the icons for the arrows of the quick time event plugins able to be changed? As well as how do you call the quick time event in battle? Would that be a script plugin that would simply call the action sequence? And how long does it last? You mentioned you set it to a very long time. For debugging purposes what happens if a player were to wait that long? As well each character would be given move sets that are unique to them. How would you define the skills and make sure each one was binded to the character?

I hope that we can work together on this despite my large amount of questions!

Last edited:

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no problem! I'll do what I can to help of course. so yeah, if I know the answer, I'll gladly answer it. so, with that said...

1. The lcons can be changed. I use my own.

2. In battle, the QTE's are called during an action sequence. for instance...

eval: $gameMap.QTE(["normal"],200,["left","right","left","ok"],true) this here calls a the move from whatever action sequence it's in. you have 200 frames to finish the sequence... which is like a little over 3 seconds I think? and the sequence itself is left, right, left, then your ok button. I actually forget what true is... tho I think that's literally just that it's true statement for the qte? I need to remember. I had mine usually set to like 500 frames in which 60 frames is 1 second.

3. If the player waits too long, you can setup what you want to happen from there. either time runs out and the action isn't completed. or you'll do less damage etc... it's all up to you. I'd set it pretty high though depending on how many inputs you plan on using.

4. as for the skills, it works as normal. You give them the moves through classes as you normally would. for the point of setting up the free QTE window that has all the skills in it, I did this... I had five moves that could be arranged in any order in the sequence and <qteSeq:["up"]> in the note tag box assigns a direction to it. use up, down, left, or right... I had 5. one for each direction and the ok button. I didn't assign anything to the cancel button, because I wanted you to have the ability to cancel the sequence at any point. basically say out of 5 moves, you only wanna do 3... I left the cancel button open for that purpose. This is especially good I feel for some like Legend of Legaia because you can have so if you end it after 3 inputs a different 'art' happens instead of what happens with all 5. canceling DOES NOT cancel the sequence, it just stops you from inputting more into it.

Hopefully this all makes some sense though as I'm not extremely good at explaining things lol, and this all took me quite a while to get right.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks this background info. Makes a lot more sense now! With that being said what about how to set up the plugins themselves. I copy pasted the plugin for the quick time event into notepad++ and exported and .js and imported the plugin. I can boot up the game but as soon as I load a save or start a new one it crashes. Ive turned all plugins off and same result. It says cannot read property of '0' undefined. This is the console error as well.
rpg_managers.js:1949 TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined
at Window_QTE.initialize (quickTimeEventsPlugin.js:381)
at new Window_QTE (quickTimeEventsPlugin.js:363)
at Scene_Map.createQTEWindow (quickTimeEventsPlugin.js:1034)
at Scene_Map.createAllWindows (quickTimeEventsPlugin.js:1030)
at Scene_Map.createDisplayObjects (rpg_scenes.js:730)
at Scene_Map.onMapLoaded (rpg_scenes.js:571)
at Scene_Map.isReady (rpg_scenes.js:561)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:2018)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1983)
at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1907)
SceneManager.catchException @ rpg_managers.js:1949

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
make sure you have the QTE plugin saved with the name QTEWindow.js

also you can click on download raw (if you didn't) and just right click, save as the entire plugin. and remember again to save with the name QTEWindow.js (again, if you didn't)

otherwise, I'm not sure what would spark that error.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That seemed to have fixed the error much thanks! Ill keep you posted in case of other issues!

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to make the QTE open ended. So I can input any direction and not just my skills? As it were right now its only predetermined commands

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm... depends on what exactly you mean by that... there's three different ways to use the QTE's... normal, rhythmic, and free... well and ocarina but for your purposes would you mean free?

I'm not sure what if you can if you don't mean that, but if you do...

with free, you can literally put in anything you want and as depending on how you set it up, as long as something matches one of your skills that's viable to be matched, it'll perform that skill.

for example... when I was trying this setup, I had an attack for up, down, left, right, and ok. I set where as long as one thing matched, any number of times, to do that amount of moves. basically I could do up, up, down, ok, and right in a sequence and the skills linked to each would perform.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

https://s12.directupload.net/images/200715/34vwhkoz.png Finally have a concept I am happy with, now I just have to decide wheather I really want to do it as vector art.
I just keep coming up with weird ideas, and then spend the time trying to make sense out of it.:kaocry:
Hi, Erm... My name is zozobie! I just had a snack.
Face masks are to be compulsory when inside shops in England from the 24th of July. People can be fined £100 if they fail to comply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dprintindex