Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're welcome, man, and I know that feeling when you know someone has managed to complete your game and experience it to the full. And yeah, it can be tricky to know whether you've given enough instructions in your game to guide the player or not. The best way to know is to have other people play it, because when you playtest it yourself, you can't always predict how another player without the knowledge of the game would tackle each area.

Ah and that explains it why sometimes I couldn't escape from some of the battles. I must've let the counter go to the red end in battle advantage.

Well, best of luck in your next game project. I wonder what it will be about.  

vision_bond

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
First of all I just uploaded v.1.1.1 of the game.

==========================================

Now, if all is correct with the new version, (and I really hope so) this will be the last one.

I would not update it, unless there is a game break error that needs to be fixed.

For me this has been a really fun project and a personal success. Even if it's not the most original game or the most fun, I learned A LOT making it, and I feel really good for finally finishing a project.

I think all the objectives that I had for this game were fulfilled and that gives me extra happiness.

Like I said before, this is just a basic game with a basic story and a basic gameplay, but that was the goal from the beginning, so I could gain experience for my next game that will be a little more complex.

Thanks to all of you that gave this little piece of software a try, and special thanks to all of you who gave me feedback and helped me improve this game.

Well, that's it for now. See you around.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finished it this time.

It was short but pretty good, the gameplay was solid and fun (and that's what matters most to me).

BUG: I noticed a small text error when I use a debuff skill against the monsters.

That bitter ending kinda surprised me, and it was fascinating in some way. Nice surprise.

Overall it's a good job for a first game, I hope to play more stuff from you in the future (you're on the right path).

Last edited by a moderator:

vision_bond

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello again, Lord Clarence Macdonald.

I'm really glad that you finished the game, and that you had enjoyed it.

So glad that you liked the ending. It had the expected effect. =)
Thank you for playing the game, and for your nice comments.

vision_bond

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
v.1.1.2 UPDATED

===========================================================

So, the worst thing happened: A game-breaking error. Specifically one that prevented to see the alternate ending.

But, it is now fixed, and I took advantage of this situation, to add a couple of cosmetic details to the game, and some other minor fixes.

===========================================================

And just to save space and not to make another post, let me remind you that the game has an alternate ending, plus a couple of side-quests. Even if you finished the game, there's still something else that you can do.

Please let me know if you liked the extra content.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice, but now the game suddenly starts inside an house (in the port town), maybe you changed the player's start position. Fix this small mistake, or else the game will be broken.

PS: (I am still Lord Clarence Macdonald, I changed my name)

vision_bond

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Oh, come on!

I failed so hard. XD

Thank you for telling me, Lord Clarence Macdonald. It's now fixed.

An apology to the people who downloaded that version.

Please try again, the link is the same but the game is fixed, now. =]

vision_bond

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
So, I've heard that some of you haven't played this AMAZING piece of game. Shame on you.
BUT don't worry, vision_bond still loves you.
And even better! Here is your chance to play it and be part of the "cool kids"! 

Now, I´m going for a couple of beers, and when I come back I want to see you all playing this game.

GO!

-Sarcastic comment sponsored by vision_bond-

Blue Symphony

Wandering soul
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey vision, I was just looking for games to download so I can find some inspiration to make my own, the tittle of yours really caught my eye :)

I've downloaded, played it and after some gameovers and a lot of hi-potions I finished it!

I have to say it is a really fun game to play. Here are some points that I have to highlight.

-The battles are balanced and fun, I had like 10 gameovers in my first half-hour due to the experimentation with the spells, but it's cool.

-The dark cave and the vampire's castle are enjoyable to explore.

-THAT sea rocks trick, the first time the capitan said "avoid them" I just ran towards them to see what would happen.

-Loved the ending, Would've been nicer get the chance to choose what to do in a critical moment like that.

The few things that I've found not-so good:

-The stun and paralysis, since it's just one person, being paralysed meant game over. But with the talismas the 

battles are more balanced.

-The final boss was too easy.

Well, it is overall a pretty good game! I hope you start a bigger project someday.

Goodbye :D

vision_bond

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
So, it's been a year since I made this little game, and It breaks my heart to see it at the bottom of this thread. So I might as well give it a  little bump. Enjoy it.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
^Welcome back. Got any other games planned?

Kaiju Master

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just downloaded it but the battles are too difficult for the low levels.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Gonna test this out later... just an initial comment though, I feel like I would have liked it better if you just used the normal mapping for the world map instead of that mode 7. It just looked so un-needed.

vision_bond

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
^Welcome back. Got any other games planned?
Hello, my friend. Nice to talk to you again.

I'm afraid I am not working on another game right now. It seems as if this game consumed all my creativity. But I enjoy playing games as usual. Maybe one day I make another game. Maybe in another version of RPG maker that sparks the creativity again.

Have a nice day. =)

I just downloaded it but the battles are too difficult for the low levels.
Well this is kinda an old school game. You see, games used to be difficult like this, and the influence of those games on me was big. But don't worry, It's really not that difficult once you understand how this game works. I know you can beat it.

Thanks, for playing the game. =)

Gonna test this out later... just an initial comment though, I feel like I would have liked it better if you just used the normal mapping for the world map instead of that mode 7. It just looked so un-needed.
I guess it depends on personal taste. I like it. But I agree with you, It's really not needed. XD

Thanks for playing the game. =)

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
One thing I liked is that I can actually choose not to save the queen. :)

Juliab

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
OK. I've been enjoying the game so far. I don't find battles difficult, haven't had a single Game Over from the battles. The game crushed several times while saving, but it's not on every save, just occasionally.

(Now, I'm in Monster Cave. I found the gate, but have no idea how to open it. Spend about an hour running around, looking for some kind of a switch. It's getting frustrating. Where's the switch to open the dumb gate?)

OK. This area should've been off limits, before main line story. Turns out I was wondering there for nothing, except gaining about 5 lvls.

I did the bartender side quest. How do I get into the mansion?

Game breaking bug:

In vampire's castle, the flying imps paralyzed, sleep, and blinded me, and it's permanent, not going away.

What am I suppose to write in the book? I tried all variations of Dracula, Dragula etc, but the book beat me to death.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!
Told my five year old she couldn't have any more candy as it was nearly bed time. She looked at me and said "Don't you know people die with no food?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hernanvalles88